Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Norther California Valley RC Crawlers comp #6 Oroville, Fish Hatchery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #81
Quarry Creeper

also thanks Bcrofts ROCKCAD and PEE WEE for letting me hang with you guys it helped alot!
racer - x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 08:02 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

no problem bob you did great

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer - x View Post
also thanks Bcrofts ROCKCAD and PEE WEE for letting me hang with you guys it helped alot!
ROCKCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #83
Quarry Creeper

hey Dan I had stella in my cooler both days. Hit me up next comp.
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8z2luze View Post
Otherwise? It did horrible lol. Not happy with it at all. Im going V2
Berg axles asap. They are good axles I just dont like the weight.

At least I took 3rd in 1.9
are they to heavy or what i remeber you saying that it weighed alot is that what affected it
NorCalScaleCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer - x View Post
Good job Bob, glad u hung out with us it was a good day for all! See u soon.
PEE WEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Default NCVRCC HATCHERY Recap

It's Friday afternoon and we are on the road by 1500 hrs. Starting a double header weekend off on time, hmmmm, this feels great. This trip has been made before, one right, I-80, another right to Marysville, one more right to Oroville, all rights, and no wrongs. Yeah right! Why am I looking to make a right back on I-80? Because someone, hmmmmm, missed a turn to Yuba City and went the scenic route to Auburn. No Worries, we needed to be in Auburn, but not until Sunday! Needless to say, add extra time to get to Oroville, but after seeing the comp spot on Saturday, well worth the small detour.

Bidwell Campground became our one night home. The informative website ensured us off season camping for 16.00 frogskins a nite, the wonderful touch screen on site pay box wanted 40. Not from me! Well, o.k., from me after the kind officer explained that the Govenator of CA made it 40 dollars and showers are extra. Another confirmation that the greenies are taking over, they don't want us to shower. But for 40 dollars, you got the moon lit view of the campgrounds and the deer are trained to come within 15 feet of your campsite, so that you can count the experience as priceless.

Comp day was 'fishy'. I had no idea that fish could climb ladders, but after seeing how big these fish were, it would not suprise me if they could drive a car. The Comp spot was fantastic. 3 courses were spread out and offered a driver 3 unique driving scenerios. C-1 was a cool up and down and around with gate 6 being a beautiful gate to drive and watch. C-2 was the bomb. Gate 4 was just like the fish ladders, because you had to throttle up a climb in steps, just like the fish jumped up theirs. A blast to drive. C-3 had some cool features that kept every driver on their game. A slight hesitation cost you points.

Everyone had a great time. NCVRCC is on the right comp path. The comps that they host are worth the drive time and we look forward to attending many more. It is special to not only watch a young club grow, both in driving talent and competition hosting, but to also be a part of it.

I have to personally thank Andy for being an assest to RECON. He his dedicated to improving all drivers skill level and thus thier enjoyment at comps.

I pulled off a "come from behind" first place finish thanks to my AXIAL SWX. The truck worked amazing and I have a very special thank you for ABADK9420. He made me a set of his top grade, heavy duty delrin links that we put on Sat. morning, something I don't do is change my rig the day of a comp, but the quality of these links had to go on my rig and was I ever pleased. Thank you, ABADK9420.

Keep up the great work, NCVRCC, the Paradise, CA RECON Chapter Club.

A special Thanks to ALL the Judges from various RECON Chapter Clubs that help out. Thank you to the volunteers that policed the spot for any trash. A big ole' southern THHHAAAAANNNNK YOOOUUUU, to all the drivers that showed up and made this the 2nd comp in a row that set a new attendence record for NCVRCC.

-Parker

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 10-27-2009 at 05:48 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 AM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
I pulled off a "come from behind" first place finish thanks to my AXIAL SWX. The truck worked amazing and I have a very special thank you for ABADK9420. He made me a set of his top grade, heavy duty delrin links that we put on Sat. morning, something I don't do is change my rig the day of a comp, but the quality of these links had to go on my rig and was I ever pleased. Thank you, ABADK9420.

-Parker
I'm glad you had a great time and I'm also glad you like the links i made you and that they worked well, thanks for the props they look real nice on your rig, I also want to say I had a blast judging with you on course 1, it is always a pleasure to spend time with a top notch Pro driver that is willing to spread his knowledge to up and coming drivers that are still learning.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote