Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: E.T.R.C. Nov.28th in Sunbright,TN.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:05 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Next time we do go down there,we need to stay away from the pavilion. That area of the Ocoee is so wore out and over run it's crazy. We need to venture away from that section and find new lines elsewhere.
Some of us have been building courses on the other side over the summer playing around and there are some pretty cool lines where the rocks go up the bank.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2009, 05:49 AM   #102
Rock Crawler

I personally like all our spots, I do agree we need more and it is an unfortunate part of life that with all the great terrain in TN we are shut out by a few closed minded people. With that being said, I think it is that much more important that people understand that our crawlers leave almost a non exsistant impact, (if a shock did break how much oil would really be spilled, almost none) after one small rain you can bareley even tell that there was any foot traffic. These people need to understand that we are taxpayers too and if it is public land we have a right to be heard and at least a chance to try out a place. Anyways, I was looking for a way into the area on the mountain between Rockwood and Crab Orchard TN. I look at all that rock and thought to myself, "Self, there has to be a cool comp spot up there somewhere!" Maybe someone knows a place up there, lets put the word out, and get some alternatives here. btw, thanks for reading my two cents Crawl it if ya got it:-P
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Two new places we have this year are Ron's place and that place north of Knoxville... what was the name? Panther Creek or something like that? That's two more than last year.

speaking of long drives

Plus add an hour that we lose everytime we drive over there...
MommaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
speaking of long drives

Plus add an hour that we lose everytime we drive over there...
Yeah... Tellico would be a haul for you guys. :-( What about up your way? Last time I came to a comp out your way, I saw all kinds of rock sticking up out of the ground. Are there any places up there besides the quarry? I wouldn't mind driving up there once or twice a season.

Last edited by Harvo; 11-18-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

There is really nothing here.You can see allot of rocks along the interstate but nothing you can get to.We live in a rocky area but everyone covers them up with dirt.

Last time we went to brian's we exited at the first Monteagle exit coming from the east turned right toward the hotel/restaurant went a couple of miles and hung a left to come down the Mnt.There was a small park like deal about halfway down that was a trail head back to some cave.There was tons of rock at the parking lot and plenty of parking.
I just can not remember what road it was.At the bottom of the Mnt. there was a Quarry.I am pretty sure the road headed south east towards Alabama so we took another road in to some little town that smelled like crap,I guess there was a paper mill close and then got back on the Interstate to continue to Brian's.

Does this area sound fimialer to anyone?
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Joe, did you ever go to any Roser events at Monteagle? They used to have some sort of rock set-up right there at the campground/hotel if I remember correctly.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
There is really nothing here.You can see allot of rocks along the interstate but nothing you can get to.We live in a rocky area but everyone covers them up with dirt.

Last time we went to brian's we exited at the first Monteagle exit coming from the east turned right toward the hotel/restaurant went a couple of miles and hung a left to come down the Mnt.There was a small park like deal about halfway down that was a trail head back to some cave.There was tons of rock at the parking lot and plenty of parking.
I just can not remember what road it was.At the bottom of the Mnt. there was a Quarry.I am pretty sure the road headed south east towards Alabama so we took another road in to some little town that smelled like crap,I guess there was a paper mill close and then got back on the Interstate to continue to Brian's.

Does this area sound fimialer to anyone?
Buggytop Cave?
Foster Falls?

Those are the only two I'm familiar with around there. I checked out Foster Falls once and it's waaay too far from the cars to the rocks to do anythng there.

Sewanee has some natural bridges and stuff, and Tracy City is near by. Any of that ring a bell to you?

The Rosser events were at Jim Oliver's smokehouse. The rock course never materialized... just a big field full of mulch piles that were sort of fun to play on in a 1:1.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The Rosser events were at Jim Oliver's smokehouse. The rock course never materialized... just a big field full of mulch piles that were sort of fun to play on in a 1:1.
Thats right!! I only attend one event there and it rained the WHOLE damn weekend. I never made it over to the play area, just remember hearing motors all hours of the night!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

It was not Tracy city I have wheeled there before.I guess I will just have to drive back up and find it.

I do know the road we were on run beside a RR track after we made it to the bottom and turned by a big Mining/rock crusher?

The rock at this place was at the gravel parking lot and had a sign saying 1. something miles to cave on the trail head.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:36 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

There's a place at the bottom of the monteagle right between the two sides of the freeway on the southbound side after they split pretty far apart. MTTR used to have a trail that started there and went to the top of the mountain. It's kind of a little quarry and a big field for parking.

I know MTTR used to have 20 or 30 4x4's parked there at one time to air down and noone ever said anything to them. I guess who would?

If anyone is coming that way ever, take a look and see what you think about that place for the 1:10's
Old 11-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #111
RCC Addict

I do wish we could find something over there...Think Andy would let us use his place ?? That would be cool and then I could get some more of that killer Mexican buffet over there Oh yea don't forget the merock place in Dayton we can still get it about anytime..we just have to pay for it...

Last edited by sddill; 11-19-2009 at 05:30 AM.
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #112
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Oh yea don't forget the merock place in Dayton we can still get it about anytime..we just have to pay for it...
If your buyin...I'm flyin.....
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #113
Rock Crawler

How much $ are we talking about?
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 AM   #114
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:

&nbsp
&nbsp

HOLY $HIT
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:27 AM   #115
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
HOLY $HIT
Heh, not as impressive as a direct hit from a hurricane ;)
Old 11-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
If your buyin...I'm flyin.....
No problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushtrucker View Post
How much $ are we talking about?
Its $5 a head and about $75 for the port-a-shitter rental....
Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

We-Rock is fun but that sand is hard on stuff.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Its $5 a head and about $75 for the port-a-shitter rental....
Heh, so an extra $5 per person plus a roll of tp and a shovel, sounds reasonable
Old 11-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #119
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
I heard several people say that. I didn't see the problem though. Seen pictures and heard guys complain....took everything apart on my truck to inspect for damage....none found here.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
What is this sand you speek of ?? If ya stay on the rocks no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushtrucker View Post
Heh, so an extra $5 per person plus a roll of tp and a shovel, sounds reasonable
They won't let us do that done asked