Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Scaler GTG/Comp Co-hosted by NBRCC & JPH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Loaded stuff up on the JPH site, click here to take a look!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I thought the courses looked tough, but not as tough as they turned out...... Super fun and challenging, too many super sweet rescues to remember.

Had a great time hanging out and checking all the awesome rigs, and specially the "soon to be awesome" running projects. Good to meet all the new guys and put more names with handles!

I had explained the scoring wrong while "chatting" on the rocks with a few guys. "My Bad Completely", so we'll be sure to address this at the next GTG, Extreme Scaler Skills Challenge!

Great job to everyone for muscling down on their Scalers!, Thanks Dave for the repairing assist, who'd have thunk a Zip Tie would hold up better then the trans.....

I counted 27 or 28 trucks in the group shot! Holy Skalerade!

I'll keep nagging jake so we can do another one soon! Maybe "revenge on the one oh one" is in order.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
Loaded stuff up on the JPH site, click here to take a look!
Some really cool pics Jake! One thing i have learned when runing scalers is rock points and gaps kill these rigs especially with the smallers tire size.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Default Scale GTG

That was a fun GTG and valuable learning experience too. I think that overall the scoring that Charlie and Jake came up with was really good - aside from the issue Charlie is talking about regarding when to subtract rescue points. The course was a killer - I can think of seven different rigs with mechanical failures and only two people actually finished the course in one direction. With 25 entries means 28% of trucks had a mechanical failure and 92% did not finish the course. Not very good odds and we all know it was because the course was far to much like a comp crawler course.

I would like to see a course that has bonus gates - imagine Sundays course with an easier approach that has only one gate v.s. the hill climb we had with three gates. Then imagine that when you get up top next to the concrete you could choose which gates to go through down to the the left. And the more difficult the course down to the left the more gates are installed there so the more negative points you get. Add a water crossing with a water course and "water gates" pun intended - for the water proof trucks.

That way if you have a show truck you don't have to sacrifice it to the rocks or the water - you just have to hope that your scale points will pull you through and take the easy path with fewer gates. Likewise if you are JFab or Don Jr. you can follow the most difficult path and not worry about the scale points

Thanks to Jake and Charlie and everybody that made this event happen - I had fun and so did Peter - it is yet another example of how a bunch of grown men with toy trucks can get together and have a good time!

Last edited by lwarc; 11-30-2009 at 09:10 PM.
lwarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

"Bypass"! I like it!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote