Thread: PARC 06' Comp#1 - January 8th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
The Wheels Keep Turning

Default PARC 06' Comp#1 - January 8th

PARC 2006 Comp#1
January 8th (Class 1 and 2)
8:45am sign up, 9am comp start
Papago Park, Phoenix Arizona (maps and directions here: http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/Events.html)

Our first 2006 event will take place on January 8th. We will be trying something new in 2006. The 14" wheelbase class. Details can be found here:

http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/Events.html

under competition rules. We will be strict with this class as to what is and is not allowed in the comp. So if your not sure, ask us at the comp or post up. As of today, there are 3 of us with these trucks and anyone is welcome to drive mine in the comp. Remember, PARC is yours, so please let us know if you guys like or dislike the new class. We will keep it or get rid of it depending on your response.

Because we now have 3 classes, we will rotate through the classes at the comps. First event will run class 1 and 2, second event 2 and 3, third event 3 and 1, and so on. We are also running comps every three weeks now instead of every four weeks.

Class 1: Unlimited (approx. 16" wheelbase)
Class 2: Drivers/Spec (14" wheelbase)
Class 3: Unlimited 2.2 (approx. 12.5 wheelbase)

See the full 2006 schedule here:

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 01-03-2006 at 09:11 PM.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Will the pivotless ultra light chassis last three stages? we will see!

Cant wait...my pivotless unlimited, and 14inch shafty are going together as soon as I get back to AZ.

I do not have any good suggestions for a location, but would love to see a new location if possible.
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Mine should be ready by then, it's a roller as I type this. I was going to take your suggestion Kev about the spec class, but my chassis plates/link mounts don't like the short wheelbase. Looks like I'll be setting up for the unlimited class.

-WRM

(unless I can get a slightly modified side plate designed and cut out in 11 days... ...and we both know that isn't gonna happen)
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison

(unless I can get a slightly modified side plate designed and cut out in 11 days... ...and we both know that isn't gonna happen)
You're hard to quote with all your fancy fonts!

Make 4 will ya!?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Smile 06 #bb1

if i get my parts soon i could have my spec truck done by then

but anyway i really like to suggest Papago ihad real good time there but i can go with the flow ------ peace!!!!!!

Last edited by bktoys; 12-28-2005 at 05:27 PM.
bktoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 11:07 PM   #6

I liked papano park it was. Quick question 14 inch truck can have 4 wheel steering correct. and any truck.
andrewrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 04:29 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrcguy
I liked papano park it was. Quick question 14 inch truck can have 4 wheel steering correct. and any truck.
According to the rules listed on Kev's website, it can be 2ws only. Maybe it's possible to have 4ws, and just not use it in comps?

-WRM
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:35 AM   #8
The Wheels Keep Turning

yes, rich is correct. No 4ws. You can read all our current rules about the spec/drivers class here:

then scroll down to the competition rules section.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:07 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I dont remember if we are changing the max number of points per gate for '06? I remember talking about it but not what everyone decided.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
The Wheels Keep Turning

i don't think we really decided on anything. For those of you that were not there, we are thinking about reducing the max points per gate to speed things up some. We've all been there or seen someone stuck in a spot and spend a bunch of time trying to get past the gate or point out. We'd like to avoid this and decrease the time through each coarse for the group. That means more drive time for everyone and more stages.

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 12-28-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland
i don't think we really decided on anything. For those of you that were not there, we are thinking about reducing the max points per gate to speed things up some. We've all been there or seen someone stuck in a spot and spend a bunch of time trying to get past the gate or point out. We'd like to avoid this and decrease the time through each coarse for the group. That means more drive time for everyone and more stages.
the way it reads sounds fine with me
bktoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:09 PM   #12

Wow, I did not realize it was comp time already. That is what vacation will do to you, you loose all record of time. I guess I might be screwed for the comp because I have don't have a new body yet.........
AZ-Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:13 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Savage
Wow, I did not realize it was comp time already. That is what vacation will do to you, you loose all record of time. I guess I might be screwed for the comp because I have don't have a new body yet.........
Let me know if you want me to bring a extra for you. Grover-
Old 12-30-2005, 10:31 PM   #14

Hey...I don't need no stinkin loraxor giving me hand outs!!! hehe just kidding Chad I will try and see what I can come up with.
AZ-Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:53 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

i dont think i work that weekend so i think ill be there but only to watch. i did get a crawler but it is only a nylint. i need something more. ill try to get the video camera and tape every event (or every one that im not working) or just take photos, but i need to get a new rechargable battery for my camera.
rock_starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Thumbs up

Have fun Guys its my weekend to work.

Maybe the next Comp will fall on my weekend off.

RICK
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

just a guick question. could a tuber run in spec class if it was running 2ws,4-link, 14in wb, ect.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

i just noticed we havenot decided on where we are competing. i have not been out to papago and i think we have done more than enough at south mountain. what about something out east. it would be a change but it might be good. i just thought i would put in my 2 cents.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:49 AM   #19
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_starr
i just noticed we havenot decided on where we are competing. i have not been out to papago and i think we have done more than enough at south mountain. what about something out east. it would be a change but it might be good. i just thought i would put in my 2 cents.
A tuber would be fine for the spec class. I think we will be doing this next event at papago. We are completely open to new spots. Anyone can post up a spot they are interested in. Take some photos of the spot and post them up. Then one of us will come out and scout out the spot.

As far as the max points per gate goes lets try 15. We'll see how it works and adjust from there if needed.

Let's do this comp at Papago Park. We are open to suggestions for future events. Maps and directions here: http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/Events.html

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 01-02-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:54 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

sounds fun. ill bring the video and digital cameras. oh and i aint in my old black jeep anymore. like usuall ill be really early. gotta get some wheel time with the nylint. one quick guestion. does anyone have any axles that they would possibly be interested in parting with?

damon

Last edited by rock_starr; 01-02-2006 at 11:19 PM.