Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2010 Rules Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
The idea of "big enough to hold a spare flat" was to keep the bed area scale to the build.

if you run a 4 inch tire, then your bed area must be 4inch x 4 inch, same if you run a 5.5 inch tire and so on.
What is "scale" about forcing someone with a 1/10 scale truck to lay a 54" tire flat in the bed? Most real trucks wont lay a 54" tire flat on a bed floor.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
What is "scale" about forcing someone with a 1/10 scale truck to lay a 54" tire flat in the bed? Most real trucks wont lay a 54" tire flat on a bed floor.
Yeah, I agree.....but only because a 2.2 Rok Lox won't fit in my Bronco...who made these rules anyways???
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Yeah, I agree.....but only because a 2.2 Rok Lox won't fit in my Bronco...who made these rules anyways???
bronco, heep, blazer. How the heck do any of the SUV style trucks fit the tire rule.. 1.9 rox lox wont fit flat.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #64
www.team3sixrc.com

Ahhh jeesh, if your any good. those extra points wont matter anyways.

Who needs a stinking 5th wheel anyways.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:55 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post

But even if you choose not to run a spare, you have to have enough room for one, right? Or am I misunderstanding?
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #66
www.team3sixrc.com

The rules are interpreted so that if you were to run the tire, you could. Its not necessary to have it in order to run. You just wont receive points for it.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #67
www.team3sixrc.com

" TUBERS " If you plan to run a tuber in EITHER class, here is what you need to know. It must have a full interior, 2 front seats SIDE BY SIDE, a dash, a steering wheel, a hood panel, a roof panel and a left and right side panel. If it is a jeep, it needs to resemble a jeep. The minimum size for the tubers is as follows:

Height 5 " , measured from bottom of skid pan to the roof top
Width 5 " , measured from the middle of the door bars, side to side
length, your chassis needs to be ATLEAST as long as your wheelbase, measured with the front tires pointed straight and the vehicle at rest.

Full interior: Check
2 front seats side by side: Check
A dash: Check
A steering wheel: Check
A Hood panel: Check
A Roof panel: WRONG!
Left & Right panels: Check
Resemble a jeep: Check
Meets Height, Width, & Length requirements: Check

Come on guys, So your telling me that I have to somehow manufacture a roof panel for this even though I don't have tabs built into the framework, even though I have placed roll bar foams on the top of the cage work? WHY? cant a jeep be without a roof panel? Im just trying to figure out how this is out of context of what a 1:1 may look like.

15. Drivetrain Accessories: 3D engine, exhaust, fuel cell, hitch, mud flaps " must have atleast 2 "

So I have to also have (2) of these or I don't qualify to run this truck? or is this just an option for points?

Last edited by team3six; 01-05-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

I'll check on the roof panel, I thought we were taking that out, it may have been over looked.

The rule for bed area of a tube bed, or truggy is not the same in full tube trucks.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

On your accessories question....you dont need them, just if you want points.

"must have two" is refering to the mudflaps in order to get the points for them.(a single flap wont get you points)
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #70
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
I'll check on the roof panel, I thought we were taking that out, it may have been over looked..
That would be awesome if I didn't have to put a roof panel on. I would be putting it on just for this event.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:29 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I hate to further muddy up this thread, but it seems the best place to ask....

What would be the distinction between a truggy and a tuber? Let's look at Saydee1800's early Bronco.

With body:

And without:

I would say it's a tuber, but of course it doesn't meet the interior requirements (in these pics). Would this pass as a truggy if the the rear "bed panels" were removed? Would it make any difference if the body panels each attached individually to the cage?

I'm just trying to gain a better understanding of the differences, that's all. I'm about to get starting building one of these and want to know my options. Thanks!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:40 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

That is a tuber.

Talked to Ben, we missed pulling the roof panel on a tuber.
Ignore it.

Last edited by XSRCdesign; 01-05-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:31 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

being good has nothing to do with the fact the Tire Wont fit. Standard bed width on most pickups is around 48"between wheel wells on a real truck.

Quote:

Talked to Ben, we missed pulling the roof panel on a tuber.
Ignore it.
And the first rule change of 2010.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
being good has nothing to do with the fact the Tire Wont fit. Standard bed width on most pickups is around 48"between wheel wells on a real truck.
Easy enough, if you don't want to run a bed that large, don't run a tire that large. It has never been a issue, let's not turn it into one.

Quote:
And the first rule change of 2010.
Not really, we forgot to take one word out.

Rules are not changing this year, we spent a good amount of time making sure there were a solid set of rules in place to not have to go back and edit them.

I don't mind clearing stuff up, but don't bother trying to stir the pot in hopes of changing a rule, because were not going there this year. That doesn't help anyone.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #75
Quarry Creeper

I would hope that neither one of those rigs above would be considered tubers in MT.....they have C- channel frames.
I see a JEEP with a full cage and a Ford Bronco with a full cage. Neither one of those would be a "tuber" in the real world just because it has a cage made of tubing.....haha.
Tubers have FULL tube CHASSIS', there are no "frame rails" per say....the rule about having bolt on or welded on tube "chassis" to the frame rails (C-channels) is a bit confusing..... Although I can kinda see what they were getting at, concidering Proline makes a funny looking body they call a "tuber"...haha.

Last edited by HotRodJosh; 01-05-2010 at 10:03 AM.
HotRodJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Easy enough, if you don't want to run a bed that large, don't run a tire that large. It has never been a issue, let's not turn it into one.
So no one should run a 1/10 scale pickup with a tire larger then 4.8" in either class good solution very well thought out..

Rules are not changing this year, we spent a good amount of time making sure there were a solid set of rules in place to not have to go back and edit them.

O so tubers do need a roof panel then?

I don't mind clearing stuff up, but don't bother trying to stir the pot in hopes of changing a rule, because were not going there this year. That doesn't help anyone.
Then dont post a thread called rules questions. People are going to ask questions about rules that dont add up.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #77
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodJosh View Post
Neither one of those rigs above are tubers.....they have C- channel frames.
I see a JEEP with a full cage and a Ford Bronco with a full cage. Neither one of those would be a "tuber" in the real world just because it has a cage made of tubing.....haha.
Tubers have FULL tube CHASSIS', there are no "frame rails" per say....the rule about having bolt on or welded on tube "chassis" to the frame rails (C-channels) is a bit confusing.....
*first, get your facts right. My jeep doesn't have a C channel anything.
*second, Obviously you haven't seen many jeeps in your time, because 65% of jeeps are pretty much tube frames built on a chassis.
*third, all we run RC, Yes it is possible to build a full on tuber which I will have built for this comp. But chances are highly unlikely for the majority because people need adjust ability and to be able to incorporate modern RC electronics.
Quit being so technical and just enjoy this. I think the guys have done a much better job on the rules then it was last year.

My only other problem with the rules is this which I have already discussed with Devlin.
• Reposition +20 : Vehicle may be placed anywhere that it had previously progressed, judges discretion.

Its not that I completely disagree with that rule, but you guys need to lighten that up a bit. your gonna make to where as us novice people wont be able to finish one course. (Ok wait, I didn't finish one course last year,lol.) But seriously, even though I have had a lot of practice running at other comps this past year, Even I will have to do a repo once or twice.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #78
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Then dont post a thread called rules questions. People are going to ask questions about rules that dont add up.
And jesus crist Sloppy are you always such a trouble maker. Do you look for sh!t to stir the pot?

Please tell me your coming this year and if you do, bring Nick and Nat to the comp. As I understand you NOSTR guys need to show up the other half of the country with your skills.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
*first, get your facts right. My jeep doesn't have a C channel anything.
*second, Obviously you haven't seen many jeeps in your time, because 65% of jeeps are pretty much tube frames built on a chassis.
your jeep does kinda have a boxed full frame thats what that big aluminum thing that all your tube work bolts to is.. Cchannel or box frame I think would be josh's point its not really a full tuber.. It is a jeep with a tube cage.. I think that is nit picking but I see his point. If either rig is called what they really are they dont need to meet the interior requirement.

Quote:
And jesus crist Sloppy are you always such a trouble maker. Do you look for sh!t to stir the pot?

Please tell me your coming this year and if you do, bring Nick and Nat to the comp. As I understand you NOSTR guys need to show up the other half of the country with your skills.
No trouble intended they asked for input. You seem to have the right to bring up the roof panel. But I cant question a tire rule?? Of course I can see your satisfaction they changed the rule for you.

I am pretty sure some NOSTR guys will be there.

Last edited by sloppy; 01-05-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #80
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
You need to be in a club that has an active scale comp series such as UT, OR, Or WA, then we prefer that the rules member is someone heavily involved in club decision making and event running.
How do you define an active comp series? Regular events or do you have to have a running series with a series winner and or finals, etc?
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote