Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2010 Rules Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #101
www.team3sixrc.com

I didnt take anything you said as offensive. Yeah. ill P.M. you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread any more than necessary, but I have to say that you could not be farther off-base in your accusations if you tried. I was simply participating in this discussion and asking for thoughts and rules clarifications. How anyone could say I was belittling the MSD Scale rules or any other clubs' rules is quite honestly beyond me. Feel free to PM me with exactly what I said that was construed as demeaning because I will not discuss it in this thread any further out of courtesy for everyone else here.

Regardless, if anyone else took ANYTHING I said as offensive (like team3six did), please accept my apologies for whatever it was you think I did that offended you.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
can I see your rules?
see post 84 above.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #103
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:

The thing is, it seems like you guys don't agree with the rules and the way they are played out.

and it almost come off as your stepping into someones backyard to tell them to change it.

Its like a bunch of us guys coming down to you and telling you to change your rules to fit us.
Wow. Not my intention to insult anyone. Sorry if I did.

I thought these were the "national" rules? If that is the case then yes, I'm going to want to have some input. Is that wrong? "Scale Nationals" ... or is that just a term and anyone can hold scale nationals?

If these are only used at a local level, like our rules, then I can see how you'd think I was stepping on toes. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding if that is the case.

Either way, I'd hope we'd be able to learn from each other and give clear explanations why things are the way they are so we can all make what we have better. I know our rules will improve from reading what was put up here and I commend that.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Ok on the no dig. What if I have a r2d and shave the shoulder off so it can't lock. Than flip it where the motor is up front so it disconnects the front drive line for 2wd than engage it for 4wd. Would that be ok.
YAKIMA RC RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #105
www.team3sixrc.com

If I came off implying that the guys up here were better than anyone else. that was not my intentions.

Im not on the rules committee and my opinion is just that, mine! it doesnt effect the outcome in the future and just because I say something about it means nothing in the end. You should get all bent about what I say, just blow it off and tell me to F off and im cool with that. But I have an opinion about this and I am simply voicing it. I understand i come off a little harsh with my choice of words and Im sorry if it comes off as me being a prick. Just who i am and not what I mean it to come off as.

All I was saying is that it came off as Locked up was inquiring about how to be involved in the rules committee and then suggested that the rules be changed to to be more like the TXCRCA rules. And that is the impression I got from it.

Lets agree that the rules are slightly the same and slightly different with the same intentions. I will agree with that!
But again, I dont see any reason for the MSD rules to change as that is what everyone associated with the MSD's are used to running. Kinda goes with the saying of if its not broken, dont fix it.

I did read the rules.
it is set up for how you guys do things and it works for you. if i was entering into one of your comps, i would have to run those rules no matter what i am used to.

Look, if you take offence to what i am saying about it. Dont, laugh it off. Im just a tool in the tool box who enjoys running the MSD type comps and was simply stating my thoughts.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #106
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:

All I was saying is that it came off as Locked up was inquiring about how to be involved in the rules committee and then suggested that the rules be changed to to be more like the TXCRCA rules. And that is the impression I got from it.
Totally understandably.

I was asking about how to be on the committee because I was under the impression that these were a set of national rules for us all. But I see now that these are just local rules for Montana. I was confused on the wording, my bad.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #107
www.team3sixrc.com

I cant answer that locked up. I believe that Ben and the rules committee is trying to get other clubs to adopt the rules so its the standard. which would be great to have one guideline of rules no matter where you go. perhaps I am wrong in my thoughts and you have every right to inquire about being on the committee if you are to use these rules.

I actually shouldn't of gotten involved at all and stayed completely out.
So my apologies to you and Tommy R, I understand your position and what your trying to get done. It just got blown out of proportion because I asked you why.

So good luck and hope to see you guys here.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Pertaining to the rules ....

If this is all about scale, why limit the scale points to a max of 30?
I understand limiting it to 1 point per scale item and only allowing so many of them (IE only 1 tow strap gets you a point, etc) but why cap it all off at 30 points?

Along that vein we raised the limit to 50 points locally and it has really made guys push more towards making a scale rig.
This is something we thought hard about, and with the minimum required points, we felt we were achieving our goal. Keep in mind these rules were written for a "national" event, and we want people that are the best drivers to come out on top. It is important to note we did raise the max points this year over last as well.

Any club is more than welcome to form their own rules, just know these are the rules for the national event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKIMA RC RACER View Post
Ok on the no dig. What if I have a r2d and shave the shoulder off so it can't lock. Than flip it where the motor is up front so it disconnects the front drive line for 2wd than engage it for 4wd. Would that be ok.
I'm going to say no on that, no dig trans of any kind.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #109
RCC Addict

I figure it may just will be easier to post a picture of my question then to try to discribe it. I'm unclear if I will have to widen the rear to accomidate the spare tire rule size for this rule "• A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules do not apply to tubed beds)."
Now my rig does not have a tail gate but that is where I mount the spair tire, It does have full side panels that cover tube work. I don't have an issue if I have to change it to fit with in the rules, but if I don't have too I would rather not. I also do not have a roof panel, but I do have a "bikini" style top, does this need to change also?
The Hood is now full width of the tube work in front, not sure if that would make a difference or not.
Thanks.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=exesivefire;2206627I'm going to say no on that, no dig trans of any kind.[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering why no cause it wouldn't be a dig tranny anymore it would be just acting like a transfer case instead.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #111
I wanna be Dave

If the dig is made to be inoperable, then I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. No use buying new parts if you can use the old ones for an intended purpose.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I figure it may just will be easier to post a picture of my question then to try to discribe it. I'm unclear if I will have to widen the rear to accomidate the spare tire rule size for this rule "• A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules do not apply to tubed beds)."
Now my rig does not have a tail gate but that is where I mount the spair tire, It does have full side panels that cover tube work. I don't have an issue if I have to change it to fit with in the rules, but if I don't have too I would rather not. I also do not have a roof panel, but I do have a "bikini" style top, does this need to change also?
The Hood is now full width of the tube work in front, not sure if that would make a difference or not.
Thanks.
You don't have a tubed bed, your whole truck is a tube frame bolted to an SCX-10 chassis, so the tubed bed dimensions don't apply to your truck. Looks good!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Hey warpig my plan is shave the shoulder off the silver arm that locks it in place in the tranny so it can't lock in place just spins
Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #114
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
You don't have a tubed bed, your whole truck is a tube frame bolted to an SCX-10 chassis, so the tubed bed dimensions don't apply to your truck. Looks good!
Thank you, I really didn't want to cut and rebuild it.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Pertaining to the rules ....

If this is all about scale, why limit the scale points to a max of 30?
I understand limiting it to 1 point per scale item and only allowing so many of them (IE only 1 tow strap gets you a point, etc) but why cap it all off at 30 points?

Along that vein we raised the limit to 50 points locally and it has really made guys push more towards making a scale rig.
The MSD rules have a lower max scale point total than yours, but your scale items are worth more points than ours, so it pretty much evens out. I was also noticing that my Bronco is a 50 point truck, but it's illegal to run because it has 5.5 inch tires......bummer.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #116
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Hey warpig my plan is shave the shoulder off the silver arm that locks it in place in the tranny so it can't lock in place just spins
i ran my r2d backwards like you to go from 2wd to 4wd at my first scale nats and it was fine as long as it doesnt stop any tires from not moving. or said "dig".
later
g
ggooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

My only concern is that is still a drive line disconnect, if we allow that, were one step away from rear or front dig, locking or not.

Quote:
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Sweet thanks for the info.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #119
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
My only concern is that is still a drive line disconnect, if we allow that, were one step away from rear or front dig, locking or not.
andrew, i do see what you mean, ben let me do it at my first scale nats. the rig actually drives worse pushes really really bad and wont climb chit. lets just say it didnt last long, and it just wasted a channel and a winch was needed more. haha
later
glenn
ggooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggooler View Post
i ran my r2d backwards like you to go from 2wd to 4wd at my first scale nats and it was fine as long as it doesnt stop any tires from not moving. or said "dig".
later
g
Just clarify for everybody this was 2wd to the rear axle only,running it as a front wheel drive only would not have been acceptable
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote