Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2010 Rules Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Default 2010 Rules Questions

There are several changes in this years Rules. Post up any questions here, and we'll help explain anything you might need
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Wondering on the exhaust point. How much needs to be visible. Does the pipe have to run from the motor area?
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:35 AM   #3
RCC Addict

This always looked like a fun even to me but im still working on my first scaler. I noticed there are no suspension/wheelbase/axle limits and this is great since it becomes a more open build-it-for-fun event but wouldnt that also open the door to some very comp worthy rigs that just happen to fit the rules? or is that the idea?

I never would have thought my 6x6 would be legal for any scaler comp but it seems like it would be from my reading so i might have to look into this.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
but wouldnt that also open the door to some very comp worthy rigs that just happen to fit the rules? or is that the idea?
not really, the new rules more or less killed the fact that you used to be able to build a comp worthy rig. With the new rules, my 2.2 won't even be close to having enough scale points to even run in a comp. My 1.9 is more like a trail class truck under the new rules and that too is 3 points shy of the scale points to run too.

The new rules are geared to killing the so called "cheater" truck. They basically put me out of competing in scale after I just got started 4 months ago. I am not going to rebuild both of my rigs to have them drive worse than they do now. My rigs do pretty damn good as is.

Thanks for nothing!!!!
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Maybe im just not understanding it then. Ill re-read it when i get home and pull out my 6x6 and see how it stacks up.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
MODERHATER™

Why the ban on IMEX Rubicons?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
not really, the new rules more or less killed the fact that you used to be able to build a comp worthy rig. With the new rules, my 2.2 won't even be close to having enough scale points to even run in a comp. My 1.9 is more like a trail class truck under the new rules and that too is 3 points shy of the scale points to run too.

The new rules are geared to killing the so called "cheater" truck. They basically put me out of competing in scale after I just got started 4 months ago. I am not going to rebuild both of my rigs to have them drive worse than they do now. My rigs do pretty damn good as is.

Thanks for nothing!!!!
We relaxed most all the rules save for the tire ban and the minimum scale points, so what put your rigs out?
Old 01-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I just don't get the tire weight rule.

First off, how do you plan to realistically tech this? You would have to open up at least 1 front & 1 rear tire on each vehicle to see what weight was added.

Secondly, this rule really only benefits the light weight build (lexan body, plastic parts, etc.) that can effectively use only 12oz of weight. However, only 12oz in a hard bodied, metal tube & bumper, 3-speed rig is nothing. If you were to enforce a tire weight rule, it should have been done as a percentage of total rig weight.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #9
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
This always looked like a fun even to me but im still working on my first scaler. I noticed there are no suspension/wheelbase/axle limits and this is great since it becomes a more open build-it-for-fun event but wouldnt that also open the door to some very comp worthy rigs that just happen to fit the rules? or is that the idea?

I never would have thought my 6x6 would be legal for any scaler comp but it seems like it would be from my reading so i might have to look into this.
multiaxled rigs are cool as long as only the front axle/s turn
Old 01-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Why the ban on IMEX Rubicons?
they are a comp tire.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
MODERHATER™

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
they are a comp tire.
As are Moabs, Flatirons, Rock Carvers, and quite a few others, annnnd, when have you ever seen a Rubicon be competitive? :-P
Old 01-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
As are Moabs, Flatirons, Rock Carvers, and quite a few others, annnnd, when have you ever seen a Rubicon be competitive? :-P
All of those tires were heavily debated as were all the tires on the list.

Carvers are pitbull tires, fatirons are BFG's moabs were allowed just because they have been around and so many people have used them, and it was a split descision on if they should be allowed.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

i think that the rules should be loosened up alittle so it will be more like a "run what you brung" event
rider12693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
multiaxled rigs are cool as long as only the front axle/s turn
Oh then this might be very interesting. I dont know much about scale but from what i read more than 15scale pts can be applied to your score up to 30.

Just to make sure im understanding if i have 20 scale points and run a combined 16 on all the courses my final score would be 11 or -4?
Old 01-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #15
MODERHATER™

Does the "full sized spare" have to be exactly the same as the tires you are running?

Also, the bed on a truggy would have to have nothing more than a spare tire?

My Toyota cab is severely trimmed to where most of the fenders are gone, no grill, headlights either. Illegal?

Another, If I have a dig transmission, can I still run, just not use it?

Last edited by 666; 01-02-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #16
I'm a stupid C U N T!

>>>>> Edited after rereading for clarification
Quote:
Does the "full sized spare" have to be exactly the same as the tires you are running? No it doesn't have to be the same tire, it has to be within 1/4 inch of the size for the 4 tires used.

Also, the bed on a truggy would have to have nothing more than a spare tire? Yes that would be legal

My Toyota cab is severely trimmed to where most of the fenders are gone, no grill, headlights either. Illegal? In the trail class it would be, street class most likely not.

Another, If I have a dig transmission, can I still run, just not use it?
if it's locked into 4wd with no servo attached, reads linkage removed. it should be fine

Last edited by slobin3d; 01-02-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Oh then this might be very interesting. I dont know much about scale but from what i read more than 15scale pts can be applied to your score up to 30.

Just to make sure im understanding if i have 20 scale points and run a combined 16 on all the courses my final score would be 11 or -4?
anything after your minimum scale points up to a combined total of 30 will be removed to you final score at the end of the event.

IE if you scored 100 points for the day in the trail class your adjusted total would be 85 if you had a 30 point truck if you had a 15 point truck (minimum for trail) your score would be 100 with no adjustment

Does this make sense?

Last edited by slobin3d; 01-02-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
anything after your minimum scale points up to a combined total of 30 will be removed to you final score at the end of the event.

IE if you scored 100 points for the day in the trail class your adjusted total would be 85 if you had a 30 point truck if you had a 15 point truck (minimum for trail) your score would be 100 with no adjustment

Does this make sense?
Yup, thats how i was reading it. Ok i might have to make this trip then. Just have to start figuring out the scale points but my rig is right at the point where the chassis/suspension is where i pretty much want it so now its just the toys and goodies. TY for the help.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #19
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Yup, thats how i was reading it. Ok i might have to make this trip then. Just have to start figuring out the scale points but my rig is right at the point where the chassis/suspension is where i pretty much want it so now its just the toys and goodies. TY for the help.
No prob, keep in mind that certain Items have a max limit IE tools and camp items that after x amount they no longer add to your points
Old 01-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #20
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Wondering on the exhaust point. How much needs to be visible. Does the pipe have to run from the motor area?
I hadn't forgotten about you. yes full exhaust from the engine bay back, not the tips like what you get in the Hi-lift kits. hope that helps