Thread: Colorado Winter Series Comp #2 Rocas Rojo 1/17/1o

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 08:33 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

I don't want anyone to be caught off guard on sunday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
RULES UPDATE

I am pre-releasing this info ahead of the OFFICIAL UPDATE so you guys won't be caught off guard when we update the USRCCA website this weekend.

1.6 - Boundary Marker (10 pts each): Points are given when any part of the vehicle touches a boundary marker. Once a boundry marker is touched the judge then will stop time, and the vehicle is then moved back by the driver to the previously cleared gate with the rear axle aligned to that gate. If the vehicle cannot be aligned to the gate due to course design, the judge will reposition the vehicle to the next stable location after the cleared gate. This location will be used for all drivers. A boundary marker will remain "live" for the entire duration of the attempt on the course. Boundary markers are not required
in the design of a course.

2.3.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches.

6.4 - Wheelbase: is measured from center of axle nut to center of axle nut. The vehicle should be set down on a flat surface by the driver. The front wheel on the side that is being checked, must be pointing straight forward. At that time, the driver will then cycle the suspension through it's complete extension and compression range while the judge measures the vehicle's maximum wheelbase. At any point the vehicle's wheelbase cannot extend beyond the maximum limit of it’s class. All the above procedures must be duplicated on the opposite side. Note: If the vehicles wheelbase is affected by radio control it must be cycled or activated during tech inspection.

These were ALL UNANIMOUS decisions based on driver response/feedback/questions.
I'm not sure which procedure we are going to be using but the best bet is to have your suspension set so it never goes over 12.5". I know I'll be working on my rig tonight.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileddy420 View Post
that would be sweet. I will bring my "field soldering kit" just in case. I wish I had the cash for that punk dig. it is out of my price range right now. I will figure out a way to get gas money to get over there. I am not missing a Crawlerado comp this year.
I am a slacker Eddy, I still did not check if I have it. I will check tonite and post up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
I don't want anyone to be caught off guard on sunday:

I'm not sure which procedure we are going to be using but the best bet is to have your suspension set so it never goes over 12.5". I know I'll be working on my rig tonight.
Thanks for the heads up Joe, I worked on mine this week already and set it up to the original rule. I need to recheck it, but I think I am good.

Calling out all Super drivers!! Post up who's ass this Super NOOB is going to kick on Sunday. Got the Super tuned up better and ready to roll.

Pickett, your going down!!!!

THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:11 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by THnCS View Post
I am a slacker Eddy, I still did not check if I have it. I will check tonite and post up for you.

Thanks for the heads up Joe, I worked on mine this week already and set it up to the original rule. I need to recheck it, but I think I am good.

Calling out all Super drivers!! Post up who's ass this Super NOOB is going to kick on Sunday. Got the Super tuned up better and ready to roll.

Dang, I'm in the middle of building a new super. My old clod / hustler is in the for sale section and all electronics are pulled out... I will have it ready for the next comp.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #44
Gettin’ back on the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmaxx View Post
Blah blah blah blah blah, I make up things as I go blah.
Sounds like it will take 5 minutes to tech each rig this way. Nobody freak out . We are not this strict. Get the toys together and get ready to have some fun.
Patrick and I will figure out implementation of the new rules soon enough.
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #45
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineerjoe View Post
They still haven't answered us on which way they will be teching.

I'd like to know because by the old way to tech I am good, by the new way I am not. I don't want to be the only guy that fits with the rules by the new way and end up being short on climbs.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

I'd like to know because by the old way to tech I am good, by the new way I am not. I don't want to be the only guy that fits with the rules by the new way and end up being short on climbs.

i feel that. id like to know as well

i sit @ like 12 3/8 - 12 1/2 normally.

so pushin down my suspension will put me out of spec.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 AM   #47

Can't wait to run the courses. First time at Red Rocks. thank Patrick and Ty!
gskar1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Same way it was done at Rocas Rojo.

Push down, take hand off, check wheel base.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #49
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Same way it was done at Rocas Rojo.

Push down, take hand off, check wheel base.
So for the entire 2010 season are we going to go by the 2009 rules, or just for this event? At what point will we use the 2010 rules?
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #50

For this event we will be using the 2009 wheelbase rule, all other rules will be from the 2010 USRCCA.

By the next event in February all rules will follow 2010 guidelines. If anyone has any issues, comments or questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
For this event we will be using the 2009 wheelbase rule, all other rules will be from the 2010 USRCCA.

By the next event in February all rules will follow 2010 guidelines. If anyone has any issues, comments or questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Good to know.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I can't post anything negative in this thread for some Team red reason. I'll bet you $100 you beat me at this comp.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrockr View Post
I can't post anything negative in this thread for some Team red reason. I'll bet you $100 you beat me at this comp.
I thought you were going to make it to this one! Guess the KOH rig needs some tuning. Won't be the same without you, just means I can get some series points on you

Eddie, I did find my old switches and servo. Will bring it with me Sunday.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I thought you were going to make it to this one!
Yea, well the really expensive toy needs attention still. Get them points while you can, you'll need 'em.
slowrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Eddie, I did find my old switches and servo. Will bring it with me Sunday.
Thanks, man.

Looks like I am going to use up my rent money to make this one. Hope I don't get evicted. See you all in a couple days.
evileddy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #56
MODERHATER™

Minor hiccup in plans....

You have to walk, the walk is easy, kinda long, but this is all we can do. The school is having construction done and we could not get access to the parking lot.

Soooo, we need to park at the bottom, NOT blocking the gate, but before the entrance to the school, and follow the sidewalk up to the comp spot on the right above the u shape you can see on the map.

Sorry but that all we can do right now, if we get access then we will be able to get up there but for now, pack light, maybe bring a bike or wagon.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Minor hiccup in plans....

You have to walk, the walk is easy, kinda long, but this is all we can do. The school is having construction done and we could not get access to the parking lot.

Soooo, we need to park at the bottom, NOT blocking the gate, but before the entrance to the school, and follow the sidewalk up to the comp spot on the right above the u shape you can see on the map.

Sorry but that all we can do right now, if we get access then we will be able to get up there but for now, pack light, maybe bring a bike or wagon.
I just stepped it off and from the liquor store in morrison it is 485 steps to the east side. From the chapel to the west side (where comps are generally held) it is 350 steps. Going to the west side the trail is much more difficult. The east side there is a large sidewalk and the road we can walk up.
It should be a great time tomorrow. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Oh and just a reminder, no alcohol tomorrow.
Thanks
Ty
Old 01-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

i am all packed up now cant wait. see yall tomorrow
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

What a great time!!!
Satchel slept the whole drive home
I thought I drove the 1.9 and the super really well today but it seemed harder than usual to get into the top five. At least I beat Pickett. :-P

Congrats to the winners and thanks to Ty and Patrick and all the people who stepped up and judged.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

Fun times today everyone Thanks Patrick and Ty! And everyone that helped out. Great courses today.

See ya at the next one.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote