Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Hopefully the Last Competition Rules Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2004, 03:04 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Hopefully the Last Competition Rules Thread

I have seen the both, and if a fight breaks out a comp.......I want them on my side
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2004, 06:32 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Yeah well I guess you a bigger Baby there Diggler!!!!

Dave, I wish I could claim 250#, I woulda been a little more on par with my competition when I was doing shot and discus. Trust me when I say I know there is always some one bigger. There is a group of us that hit up the Denver Bars, where I am one of the smallest guys!

Just figured if Fishy is going to tell someone about this big ole hillbilly that he has to back him up he should get my size right!

This ain't POR, so you can lighten up somewhat Dave!

Diggler does train the Swat too, you local crack team, no is not an option, real estate agents
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Oh well another rules thread derailed.

Grizz were is that new set of rules you were working ON
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 02:17 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler
By Toyo's rules if your junk breaks, and can not be fixed in 10 mins you are SOL. If you want to have some leeway in fixing your truck you are a Newbie by Toyo's rules.

I never said that you'd be a newbie. I'm just pointing out that everyone wants to keep the competition flowing smoothly without having delays after delays because someone didn't tighten up a screw or because their rig is junk..... not everyone in Oregon has a full weekend to play. Most of us work on the weekends. One day for a comp is still pushing it for most.

How about this.....

You're at a 1/10 scale off-road race, ROAR type, your race is a 4 minute race... your car breaks, would you ask to have time to fix it then be allowed to start the race again without a probelm.... F no! That race is a 4 minute race, no if's, and's or but's about it. You go as long and as far as you can in those 4 minutes.

ORCRC runs it's comps like that but you have a 10 minute limit per course. This helps keep things even and equal for all you enter the comp. I guess this is just to hard for some of you to figure out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler
I am not one to brag, but I am no Newbie to crawlin. Hell look at UROC rules you get break down time in addition to the time between courses. Guess they are Newbs too, then huh?

Then how about you guys just take the 1:1 rules and make them to fit our small rigs? But allow a comp to be fit into a 6-8 hour time period with 20 rigs competing.... can that be done without setting time limits per course? Probably not.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
I never said that you'd be a newbie. I'm just pointing out that everyone wants to keep the competition flowing smoothly without having delays after delays because someone didn't tighten up a screw or because their rig is junk..... not everyone in Oregon has a full weekend to play. Most of us work on the weekends. One day for a comp is still pushing it for most.
I never claimed you called me a newb, but your rules place me as a newb.

Also, what keeps you sooo busy? You are always posting up about your latest weekly crawl, or where you scouted? It is about proirites, what do you want. I am enrolled in 14 credit hours, but I am doing about 20 credit hours of homework, not including studing for the EIT test, working on my crawler, and working on the side! I don't wanna here I am too busy, cause you get what I don't....Vaction and Sick days.

Have you ever been to a CO or UT comp there Toyo? Are you sure it is a hassle and a distraction to have people "endessly" jump in and outta order like you claim? Cause, I have been, and you are only graced with the privalige to exit order and come back in if you can fix your truck in a resonable amount of time.

Quote:
because their rig is junk
How do you figure this one out? Do you have a tech check in? Do you appoint one person who decides who can play and who drives junk? Just kinda curioous, how one can claim a truck is junk before it is done with a comp or before it starts?

Quote:
You're at a 1/10 scale off-road race, ROAR type, your race is a 4 minute race... your car breaks, would you ask to have time to fix it then be allowed to start the race again without a probelm.... F no! That race is a 4 minute race, no if's, and's or but's about it. You go as long and as far as you can in those 4 minutes.
Seems to me though there is a tech inspection, practice sessions, qualifiers, heat races, LQCs, and the mains. Also, I think they take more than 1 day to compete, which for you ohh soo busy ORCRC guys is too much to do.

Quote:
ORCRC runs it's comps like that but you have a 10 minute limit per course. This helps keep things even and equal for all you enter the comp. I guess this is just to hard for some of you to figure out
Is it too much for me to figure out, or too hard for you to man up and say there could be more than one RIGHT way? I undstand what you are going for, and how you run your comps, but I think you are sooo far above us on that WhiteHorse that you refuse to open up your mind and see what else there is out there.

A wise man once said it is best to be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. Which, I may not post up as much as you do, nor can I crawl as much as you can, but I do know when someone is being a stuck up holier than thou dick, and does nothing but put down people, and interupts the creative process by adding nothing to the conversation but critisim.

Enough of this ramblings and bullshit. I am gettin a smoke and going back to my HW, then possibly mouting up new shocks......
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 07:07 AM   #46

In order to have a competition, you must have competitors. The more people who agree with a set of rules, the more peoplw will likely show up to an event.

1. Produce rules sections. Each section will deal with an aspect of the event. What qualifies as clearing a gate, what penalties are, What constitutes a break down (and the penalty for it), ect.

2. Produce 2 (or more) of the sections, and have the competitors/members whoever else vote on the version of the section that they feel should be in the intended wide use rules.

3. There has to be some sort of "run what you brung" class at every event available. It is the only way to bring new people into the "sport". THis may or may not be already implied, but if someone shows up to a competition with their rig, they should be able to drive the course, even if they are in a class by themselves. I don't know how you would deal with a 12 year old with his Radio-Shack truck, but that would be left up to the group holding the competition, and I would hope that they remember that helping them is in the best interest of the sport/hobby. Since crawling doesn't occure in the middle of a mall, this would be a very unlikely problem to deal with.

I don't know who does the judging during the crawls (other drivers, someone uninvolved in the days competition), but the less judgments that need to take place, the better. Its clear that there are 7 footers who are bullit-proof who want to compete that clearly have no problem with trying to "persuade" someone with that fact. If there are no judgments, then there is no advantage to being an ass.

A couple of ideas for rules:

Instead of reversing distance rules, use a forward progress rule. If you cannot make it past your previous maximum distance AFTER backing up, you recieve a point. You basically get two attempts this way. Maybe add a bonus like the spotter ride along. If you state ahead of time you are going for the bonus, and finish the course with out reversing at all, constant forward progress.

Possibly a new gate marker is in order with extremly diffacult placements, due to nature and the desire for another line that won't work. Call it a "tree" and it is allowable to touch it, so long as you stay between the two gate markers, and don't knock it over. If you do call it a "Tread Lightly" penalty.

THese rules probably won't work, but the point is that there are alot of ways to define the contest. I would stay away from trying to make them as 1:1 as possible because of the differences between the scale and real rigs.

I volunteer at an after school activity center and make rules all the time for made up games for the kids. THe best rules are not always those that are the simplest, but those that everyone agrees are fair (however, I KNOW that judgment rules are to be as limited as possible. ). I also know that the national pastime is not base ball, adults wrecking the fun of the nations children is. I have broke up enough fights, and put up with enough insane parents over "little league" sports that I don't really want to volunteer for them anymore. THe primary motovation is fun and excercise, but the adults really know how to F that up quick. If I want an ulser, I can go back to coaching.

If its not fun, there are going to be very few new competitors.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote