Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Colorado Winter series finals 6/12-13/1o

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #121
Pebble Pounder

whoo hoo thanks Griz thats alot of numbers u have to get together. so thanks for all yous guys do.
JOYSTICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 08:14 AM   #122
RCC Addict

Lotsa thanks Grizz, Patrick, Ty.

You guys worked your butts off with the series and it shows. Nice work.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 AM   #123
MODERHATER™

I have a huge apology to make.

At the finals I told drivers that I would send the 2.2 2nd and 3rd place to nationals due to the fact 1st place had already received an invite. I was wrong, I can not do that. I apologize for the statement giving you false hopes and giving your sponsors and anyone else the wrong info. I made the mistake, it is not your fault. I can only send 1st and 2nd place. For whomever lost their spot due to my err, I will be glad to refund your series money, comp $$$, and pay your nationals entry. That is all I can do, I am sorry.

There were also errors in the scores which I corrected before I sent them to Griz, that also caused problems for some. I just did what I thought was the right thing. I apologize for that as well. I thought it would be best to post the correct scores. There leaves something to be desired about scorekeeping. Nobody wants to do it, but alot want to point out anything wrong that is done. Heck noone even wants to judge half the time, trying to get judges can be difficult lately.

Maybe I should step down from running the Colorado Series as I can not seem to please anyone. I have done my best to accommodate everyone, I may be a little slow, not have all the tools, but I have always tried to what is best. I have a blast doing it, I do it to get people together to have fun, meet new friends, and learn. I guess it is not fun for you? I am at a loss for words....

Patrick

Last edited by 666; 06-28-2010 at 06:06 AM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 AM   #124
Keep Crawling in Crawling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I have a huge apology to make.

At the finals I told drivers that I would send the 2.2 2nd and 3rd place to nationals due to the fact 1st place had already received an invite. I was wrong, I can not do that. I apologize for the statement giving you false hopes and giving your sponsors and anyone else the wrong info. I made the mistake, it is not your fault. I can only send 1st and 2nd place. For whomever lost their spot due to my err, I will be glad to refund your series money, comp $$$, and pay your nationals entry. That is all I can do, I am sorry.

There were also errors in the scores which I corrected before I sent them to Griz, that also caused problems for some. I just did what I thought was the right thing. I apologize for that as well. I thought it would be best to post the correct scores. There leaves something to be desired about scorekeeping. Nobody wants to do it, but alot want to point out anything wrong that is done. Heck noone even wants to judge half the time, trying to get judges can be difficult lately.

Maybe I should step down from running the Colorado Series as I can not seem to please anyone. I have done my best to accommodate everyone, I may be a little slow, not have all the tools, but I have always tried to what is best. I have a blast doing it, I do it to get people together to have fun, meet new friends, and learn. I guess it is not fun for you? I am at a loss for words....

Patrick
Patrick,

You do a great job at running the series and I think most, if not all want you to continue to run the series. Mistakes will happen, and that is the nature of the beast. Posting the correct scores is also the right thing to do. No one should get an advantage do to a mistake in adding up the scores. It was a good catch on the score sheet error. So keep your head up Patrick, and continue to run the show. I will volunteer to do whatever you need for the next series to help you out.
Cruzin Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #125
RCC Addict

Patrick I think you know how we all feel about your ugly mug. Your one of the nicest guys I personally know. Things happen sometimes that is beyond our old minds, and thats life.
I think for the next series, If poeple want to pay in then it should be manditory that all those names go into a rotating pool to judge. That way there is never any question who will be judging for that event and is the fairest way for all.
Keep your head up Pat its only toy trucks
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #126
Rock Crawler

Ill judge next series.
I think that the rotating pool should be for a 2nd judge on each course.
Maybe waive the entry fee for judges.
Keep it up Pat.
I think we all need to step up and help.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #127
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppa View Post
Ill judge next series.
I think that the rotating pool should be for a 2nd judge on each course.
Maybe waive the entry fee for judges.
Keep it up Pat.
I think we all need to step up and help.
Then we still have to count on people to step up for the first judge spot. I think its the fairest way to earn your keep and so that the same people don't have to judge every comp.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #128
Rock Crawler

I just did.... Ill judge 2.2 for the whole series. Unless we end up rotating.
Someone once told me there would be no comps without judges.
We are considered one of the premier crawling states in the nation. Im kinda proud of that and will do what I can to keep that going.
I see your point though Sparky.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #129
Rock Crawler

Pat you do a great job and don't think anyone could do it any better!!! Shit happens and we all live with it everyday. Don't doubt yourself Pat, you and Ty do a great job.

I agree with Sparky, We usually have 20-40 people at every comp. That would mean everyone would only have to judge once or maybe twice the whole series. I still think we should have a judging class/comp again, just like the one that Jason did a few years ago. I know that helped me, and we could teach the newer guys the rules and how to judge without them being under fire from a real comp.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #130
RCC Addict

My ideas are mainly for trying to lighten the load off of Pat an Ty. We all love to crawl but hate to judge being what I think is the biggest burden of running an event. I see at every comp the heads turn when Pat ask who wants to judge. This would eliminate that issue and give everybody a fair chance to do their part.
I also think it would be fun for the judge of that course to be able to design it also giving the guys running it one less thing to worry about
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 AM   #131
RCC Addict

THANKS FOR THE SCORE'S GRIZ !!! And thanks guys for the props!

As for our series next year we should move all these great ideas to the Colorado section. Save our Series or the birth of comp crawling as we know it.

We lost a lot of people and should find out why and what we can do to get our numbers back up.

Calling you own penilties worked pretty good that past few out of state events I attended. As long as your truthful and not a cheat this helps everyone know all the things about judging.

Last edited by Rubbaneck; 06-28-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Rubbaneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
Congrats to Rubba for his usual domination in 2.2 and to Hoppa for his well earned 2nd place finish, and invite to Nationals.
Thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #133
Pebble Pounder

I'm reading the rules and would like to learn to judge and help judge whenever possible. Just don't think learning to judge at a comp is a good thing.
Joe Bonkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

i'm always willing to help judge as I have from the get go when I didn't really know what I was doing.

I completely agree that people need to step up and help out. We all do this for fun and without the Patricks, Turtles, and everyone else who goes through the effort to have these comps for us this hobby wouldn't be close to what it is. We all need to realize that, and as far as I know these people don't really get paid, they do it for the fun. If people would just offer to judge for part of the time to it would be effortless for us all and we could all have more fun. Judging teaches you alot also. I've learned some really good technique and tricks in a short time and I feel certain that judging had a big part in that. Not how to run the course your judging but how to handle your crawler all around.

I think it's a nice perk to get a free entry to comp if you judge but if many of us would volunteer our time then we could all take turns judging for an hour or two and not at every comp. Then we could still pay our $5 bucks and that increases the pot for the winners....only problem with comping for free is there is less payout in the end. I don't know about you guys but i'm trying to make this my full time job and winning $5-$20 bucks isn't paying my bills but $10-$35 and i'd be living large
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote