Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Official 2011 Scale Rules Questions Thread *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Interior:
• 3D interior: 2 seat -3, 4 seat -4, SUV cargo area -1.
• 2D/half interior: 2 seat -1, 4 seat -2.
3d interior = old school Tamiya Bruiser/Mounty/Hilux, is that right?

2d interior = Axial TR Dingo and Proline bronco/blazer/ambush with the GCR cage?
DeaDShorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #42
RCC Addict

I have a question about chassis:

This is what i would consider my class 2 truck

Here is the chassis:

Is this legal for class 2 or would it be considered a "tuber"?

Also would this be considered a tube bed even though it has sides?

I'm considering making the trip out but need to know if my truck is legal.
Metal Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaDShorT View Post
3d interior = old school Tamiya Bruiser/Mounty/Hilux, is that right?

2d interior = Axial TR Dingo and Proline bronco/blazer/ambush with the GCR cage?
Yep. 3D interior would be full seats (such as the Recaro, Team3six or Reign seats), steering wheel, 3D console, dash, etc. Interiors like those in the Newbright jeeps would also be 3D interiors.

2D or half interior would be the seat backs, likely the top half of the steering wheel and with possibly the top half of a center console, but otherwise a sheet of flat plastic/styrene/metal. Like the CGR interior or the Tamiya car interiors.

2D/Half interiors:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  14.0 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  12.5 KB

Last edited by ecoli; 02-04-2011 at 09:33 AM.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:45 PM   #44
Say hello to my dactylion

This is what I'm building for Trail class... What would this point out at?

PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:00 PM   #45
www.team3sixrc.com

Well since red rocks are approved as a scale legal tire. I would have to say as a replica truck. Its at least a 50 point truck.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
This is what I'm building for Trail class... What would this point out at?

100 gay points.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
100 gay points.

My wife asked if I was now doing RC tornado chasing.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #48
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:

My wife asked if I was now doing RC tornado chasing.
which one are you Shaun or Reed?

To me you look more like a Bum Jesus.
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:03 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
which one are you Shaun or Reed?

To me you look more like a Bum Jesus.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #50
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Masher View Post
I have a question about chassis:

This is what i would consider my class 2 truck

Here is the chassis:

Is this legal for class 2 or would it be considered a "tuber"?

Also would this be considered a tube bed even though it has sides?

I'm considering making the trip out but need to know if my truck is legal.
As much as it pains me, your truck would be considered a tuber. The no tuber in class 2 rules was put in place to prevent a small tire Class 3 type truck that would make full bodied and truggy's non competitive. Unfortunately for us and you your truck is one of the unusual ones that don't fit nicely into 1 class or another. in the 1:1 world you wouldn't see a full tube chassis truck that runs a stock unmodded body, generally when you go through all that work it's to gain performance.

Again I'm, sorry but it's one of those if we allow your's we have to allow all the others. or make the rules so complex that it's a nightmare to understand. I hope you understand
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
As much as it pains me, your truck would be considered a tuber. The no tuber in class 2 rules was put in place to prevent a small tire Class 3 type truck that would make full bodied and truggy's non competitive. Unfortunately for us and you your truck is one of the unusual ones that don't fit nicely into 1 class or another. in the 1:1 world you wouldn't see a full tube chassis truck that runs a stock unmodded body, generally when you go through all that work it's to gain performance.

Again I'm, sorry but it's one of those if we allow your's we have to allow all the others. or make the rules so complex that it's a nightmare to understand. I hope you understand
As opposed to just simply stating that a class 2 vehicle must run a full body, like the one in question here? Seams simple as that rig screams class 2 to me.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #52
Web Wheeling

Next time just braze all your tube work on top of a set of Axial frame rails, then you have the same suspension as 90% of the trucks and you are legal.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Next time just braze all your tube work on top of a set of Axial frame rails, then you have the same suspension as 90% of the trucks and you are legal.
How would that point out? (Metal tuber -8 with plastic panels -1, but still legal in trail because it is brazed onto a rail chassis?) What if it were a Truggy rear? (truggy rear -4, cage -3)?

While I'm asking what is an f-toy? Tuber points but legal in trail because of the rail chassis?
Old 02-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:

No apologize needed. I pretty much knew that was the case but wanted someone else to confirm it. My stuff is always unusual and out of the norm

I know the reason for the rule and fully agree with it. Honestly i never built the truck for a particular class. I wanted a scale truck quick so i took my old comp truck and converted it.

If in the slim chance that i can attend this years Nats (needing to travel more than half way across the country doesn't help) I would rebuild the truck anyways and just cut the frame off and replace it with C channel.
i'll make any changes necessary to make it legal. I have no problem with that.

Blake
Old 02-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
How would that point out? (Metal tuber -8 with plastic panels -1, but still legal in trail because it is brazed onto a rail chassis?) What if it were a Truggy rear? (truggy rear -4, cage -3)?

While I'm asking what is an f-toy? Tuber points but legal in trail because of the rail chassis?
If i were to judge it in one of our local comps, assuming it had C channel frame rails, I would say it had a custom metal body with full internal cage. I wouldn't necessarily call it a tuber with panels.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Masher View Post
No apologize needed. I pretty much knew that was the case but wanted someone else to confirm it. My stuff is always unusual and out of the norm

I know the reason for the rule and fully agree with it. Honestly i never built the truck for a particular class. I wanted a scale truck quick so i took my old comp truck and converted it.

If in the slim chance that i can attend this years Nats (needing to travel more than half way across the country doesn't help) I would rebuild the truck anyways and just cut the frame off and replace it with C channel.
i'll make any changes necessary to make it legal. I have no problem with that.

Blake
Metal Masher, I have to applaud your reply there. We in the committee actually brought up your build and question it while we worked on the first set of rules. While to most it would be a class 2 rig, because of the frame it is not. If by allowing it or making rules to allow it, it would become a huge novel again causing the same issues we faced the first go around.

I have to say that your willingness and understanding to make changes if needed to go to an event is outstanding. While we knew that not every ones rig would not fit into a specific class we hoped people would understand. I would hope that most would take your approach to fixing issues and have the understating of what we were/are trying to accomplish.

Again to you and your willingness to work with the rules.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:47 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Just a quick couple of questions Aaron.

How would an F-Toy (cage wise) point out if it was brazed to an Axial frame?

Would it be legal as a Trail (Class 2) rig?

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Metal Masher, I have to applaud your reply there. We in the committee actually brought up your build and question it while we worked on the first set of rules. While to most it would be a class 2 rig, because of the frame it is not. If by allowing it or making rules to allow it, it would become a huge novel again causing the same issues we faced the first go around.

I have to say that your willingness and understanding to make changes if needed to go to an event is outstanding. While we knew that not every ones rig would not fit into a specific class we hoped people would understand. I would hope that most would take your approach to fixing issues and have the understating of what we were/are trying to accomplish.

Again to you and your willingness to work with the rules.
Hay that's no problem at all. I have been in some form of racing or competition since the early 90's and have dealt with rules all along they way. I may not like them or agree with them but i do respect them and will always follow them.

I applaud you guys for the time and effort you have put into making the rules, re-making them and even making temporary ones. I know what it is like as i was part of making the rules for my local club.

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
The Rocker and the Rock beasts share the same tread pattern and just about the same spacing which is only slightly different due to the type of rims we run in RC. Ohh and the Rock beasts have open lugs because its a cross breed tire built for Scale and Comp.

That IMEX tire is just an open lug tire. the lugs dont even really share the same patern, just the same configuration. and the spacing is way larger then the actual tire.

Honestly, is this really scale looking? Imeanits like a 1/2inch of spacing
http://www.imexrc.com/servlet/the-28...ED-ROCK/Detail

Think so?

Check out the tires on the rear of this buggy. I think the spacing looks scale on these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6CelAZiyds
country_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #60
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
Just a quick couple of questions Aaron.

How would an F-Toy (cage wise) point out if it was brazed to an Axial frame?

Would it be legal as a Trail (Class 2) rig?

Points would depend on exactly what you show up with.

Legal? ... Is the body, sectioned, narrowed or is it a body like metal masher has?
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote