Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: * Official 2011 Scale Rules Questions Thread *

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #101
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Boatsides have to be skinned and replace a section of the body, if its open then it's just a slider.

Yes Masher if your replace your tube with rail from the skid forward it would be a truggy, you can't double dip on the points though so you would get full hard body or 1/2 cab and truggy which ever is more
Makes sense thanks! You can't hurt a man for trying to double dip though
Metal Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2011, 07:01 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Why are the HPI Rock Grabbers on the "Tire Ban List"?

Their the closest thing to Mickey Thompson Baja Claws in a 2.2 tire, aren't they?
bluechevytuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:06 AM   #103
Old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechevytuber View Post

Their the closest thing to Mickey Thompson Baja Claws in a 2.2 tire, aren't they?
Hollow lugs.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechevytuber View Post

Yep, hollow lugs. Don't worry though, RC4WD is already on it:

Will RC4WD release a 2.2 Baja Claw soon?
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:47 AM   #105
RCC Addict

So, if the Rock Grabbers were made by Mickey Thompson and called Baja Claws, then they would be legal?
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

vs

I, honestly, have no opinion on the subject.

All I know is that it's one of those subjects that regardless of legal or not, there will be an equal number of people cry about it.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
I, honestly, have no opinion on the subject.

All I know is that it's one of those subjects that regardless of legal or not, there will be an equal number of people cry about it.
No crying here, just asking a legitimate question
I've used both tires in the past and don't care for either.
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
No crying here, just asking a legitimate question
I've used both tires in the past and don't care for either.
The crying comment wasn't meant as an attack of you. You merely asked the question. I have seen in other threads where people have become quite emotional on either side of the banned tire argument.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:35 AM   #109
Say hello to my dactylion

So... I just realized that the dingo cage will not be awarded scale cage points.

Interior cage or exo-cage: (-3 metal -1 Plastic) per row of seats protected. (Must have down bars and cross bars in front & behind each row.)

There is no front crossbar (and no rear if you don't count the spare tire holder). So no scale cage points for the dingo... That sucks, no -1 cage points for the dingo guys.
Attached Images

PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
So... I just realized that the dingo cage will not be awarded scale cage points.

Interior cage or exo-cage: (-3 metal -1 Plastic) per row of seats protected. (Must have down bars and cross bars in front & behind each row.)

There is no front crossbar (and no rear if you don't count the spare tire holder). So no scale cage points for the dingo... That sucks, no -1 cage points for the dingo guys.

Well, there's no reason a styrene tube couldn't be added underneath the body up front, i.e. "in the dash". That would take care of the front cross bar very easily with some Shoe Goo. For the rear, some may consider the rear tire holder sufficient as a cross bar, but to play it safe I'd recommend adding a cross bar directly behind the front seats between the B-pillar down bars. Just a thought...

But it doesn't bother me too much that the Dingo cage doesn't automatically get points. It doesn't even go all the way to a floor!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Pinch, I see it as either a 1 or 2 row cage
1 only because in that pic I can see no rear seats. If you had rear seats that is a 2 row.
It's being discussed on the RC side but I don't see much disagreement with that line of thinking.

Quote:

Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #112
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

So by those rules, I don't get points for my interior cage either. There's no cross bar in front of the front seats(at dash area) and not behind rear seat, only a cross bar behind font seats. So how would this be scored? Would I get the cage points? or no? ..........

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #113
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
So by those rules, I don't get points for my interior cage either. There's no cross bar in front of the front seats(at dash area) and not behind rear seat, only a cross bar behind font seats. So how would this be scored? Would I get the cage points? or no? ..........

???? Who knows... ????
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 AM   #114
I wanna be Dave

You'd get cage points, but you'd have to give them up for carrying Natty Ice on the rig.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #115
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
You'd get cage points, but you'd have to give them up for carrying Natty Ice on the rig.
Ill be sure to make you a scale case of old pyle just for you. I wonder if you can get scale points for tampon's
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
I wonder if you can get scale points for tampon's
Of course.. single points for a female driver with them.. quadruple points for a male driver bringing them back from the store for his female counterpart..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #117
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
Of course.. single points for a female driver with them.. quadruple points for a male driver bringing them back from the store for his female counterpart..
lol, You know back in the day when we would go to the Open street drag races. If you challenged someone to a race and they bowed out from the challenge, we would stick a pantyliner on their window
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 AM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post

Really? but.. according to the rules that Pinch posted, if I read them correctly, my cage isn't "legal" to get points for. I don't have enough tubing.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #119
I wanna be Dave

Toyo, your rig has verticle and horizontal bars in front and behind the front row row.The rule doesnt say it has to be in a certain place like a seat belt bar/dash bar and what not. You would recieve 1 row points.

The rule was designed to show definition of the area(row) protected.Your rig does that for the front row, not the rear. That why it was written that way,to prevent somebody from trying to call that type of cage a 2 row.That is a single row with support tubes,your rear passanger is not protected by the cage at all. You have horizontals in front of and behind above the head and verticles in front of and behind the row(in the drivers area)...maybe I am missing something,can you guys explain why you feel they are not legal ? Maybe it needs clarification,maybe not....

If somebody wants to push the intent and what not,longer more wordy rules would be needed,That doesnt seem to be what the masses wanted.

Remember, SAFETY FIRSTWe dont want any scale blood on our hands

Last edited by hotwheels000; 02-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Toyo, your rig has verticle and horizontal bars in front and behind the front row row.The rule doesnt say it has to be in a certain place like a seat belt bar/dash bar and what not. You would recieve 1 row points.

The rule was designed to show definition of the area(row) protected.Your rig does that for the front row, not the rear. That why it was written that way,to prevent somebody from trying to call that type of cage a 2 row.That is a single row with support tubes,your rear passanger is not protected by the cage at all. You have horizontals in front of and behind above the head and verticles in front of and behind the row(in the drivers area)...maybe I am missing something,can you guys explain why you feel they are not legal ? Maybe it needs clarification,maybe not....

If somebody wants to push the intent and what not,longer more wordy rules would be needed,That doesnt seem to be what the masses wanted.

Remember, SAFETY FIRSTWe dont want any scale blood on our hands

Thank you sir. This is the information I was looking for.