Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #4 "Fools Day Fallout"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #4 "Fools Day Fallout"

801RCC 2011 Point Series Comp, Event #4 "Fools Day Fallout"

801RCC's season is well under way and drivers are throwing it down hard this year and the competition is real thick. This next comp we're heading back to Utah's most popular R/C crawling spot, Little Moab!! So come on out to the "Fools Day Fallout" and show off your driving and your latest tweaks to your rig.

-when-
April 16th '11 (4/16/11)

9-9:30 Course setup
9:45 Pics and drivers meeting
10:00 Competition starts

-where-
"Little Moab" Elberta, Ut.

NAME: Little Moab
TERRAIN: White slickrock/sand
TRACTION: Varies med to high

Come test your skills against some of the best crawlers around at one of Utah's best local comp spots. Lil Moab is a slick rock spot about 60 miles south and a bit west of Salt Lake City on the west side of Utah Lake in the West Desert. Many local people from around the area come to lil Moab to test there 1:1 vehicles. It is also a favorite for many local R/C crawlers.

(flyer coming soon)

Come spend a day with 801rcc at the number 1 local crawling spot.

801RCC uses USRCCA rules
http://www.usrcca.com/rules/2010.pdf

this is a FREE comp and open to anyone running a USRCCA legal 2.2 or 1.9 rig

-Judges-
OutKast
Mac 10
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
RCC Addict

The weather was perfect!! After we finished setting up the courses and were chalking them in, I new this comp was going to be a tough one! These courses were going to push every drive to his/her limit. It was going to be an interesting day!!

About an hour and a half after we started Tuner showed up on my course to run his final course. I knew he'd been doing good, I had heard him making a bunch of noise on the course next to mine. He stated that his runs were good but not fantastic, witch left it open for some others to try to squeeze into the top spots. Tuner filled in for me while I got to work on knocking out the courses. I have to say that the courses were super technical and you really had to watch your time. Burning to much time on any given gate found many drivers timing out only one or two gates from the finish. I finished my courses up and had good runs too and was able to nudge myself just ahead of Tuner for the day, but their were still plenty of drivers still to finish up. Late in the afternoon Murfdog came through, he had had a rough start but wasn't going to go down easy he made up some points on his later courses and was able to claim a top five finish. As the day started to wind down Lil Digger and Mac10 were cleaning up courses left and right. But Lil Digger had one rough run witch allowed Mac10 to pull away witch locked il Digger in second. Mac10 continued to make the best of each course and his calm, cool, driving along with his extensive tuning earned him the win.

Thank to everyone that stepped up to judge and helped get things setup and cleaned up.
A huge thanks to everyone that came out to support 801RCC
Old 04-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
RCC Addict

2.2's

1.9's