Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Rock hard 1.9 scaler series info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
The first comp is so far away, how about a pre-season comp sometime in the next few weeks?
No can do, At least for me but next weekend and the weekend after i'm pretty booked up on stuff i've got to get done and with work gettin going again i'm just not finding the time to crawl as much as i'd like to lol.

I was going to post up next week for a morning gtg up at red hills next sunday but we'll see what happens.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Hey guy's remember to read up on the rules for your rig. Were going to try and do a gtg a few weeks before the event to practice tech the vehicles to try and get the last minute tweaks done on the rigs. I'll post a date as soon as we get into next month
Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
RCC Addict

ok so this is what were going by class 2 ?Class-2 “Trail” Details
• The inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors
• The body (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase
• A front bumper is required and must be mounted to vehicles rail chassis and wider the the chassis (chassis cross rails do not count as bumpers)
• Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase extensions are legal for bumpers as long as the chassis meets other specs)
• Truggies are allowed, but must have a rail chassis up too the rear of the skid minimum. The truggy structure must extend to the back of the rear axles pumpkin or beyond to be legal.
• Flatbeds that run the full length of the rail chassis are allowed. The bed must be as wide as the cab the entire length of the bed.
• 2 of the 3 following modifications are allowed
- Dovetailing the rear (a truggy/tube bed that is narrower than the cab counts as dovetail).
- Boat sides (no more then 1" measured vertically)
- Pinching the front (2/3 the width of the widest part of the cab)
• Sectioning or narrowing of the body is not allowed
• Body / Cage work must be at least 4.5" tall (including boat sides) and wider then the inside measurement of the vehicles track width (front or rear, whichever is wider).
• 120mm / 4.75" max tire size with a 2.2 max rim size including spare
• Gates will be a minimum of 12" wide (so mind your width)
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #24
RCC Addict

• The inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors . this is what im trying to get right so the mean ol tec guy will let me play with my truck.
donzx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Sweet, I don't think I'll have to make any changes to the FJ.
Looking forward to the season opener!
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:00 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzx12 View Post
• The inside of the front tires cannot extend outside of the width of the cab at the doors . this is what im trying to get right so the mean ol tec guy will let me play with my truck.
Thats right, but you better watch out that mean old tech guy might end up being you

I just had the same conversation with Jason a couple days ago. Your farthest out point on your door, not the bottom of the door is what you want to go of off.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I cant wait till the open season, I have been wanting to get out there soon.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I guess after were done making any changes we could post a pic up of the rig to make sure it's all good. So the powers to be can nick pic it to death
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #29
RCC Addict

I'm going to guess my jk that was @ montana in C1 and C2 will not have any problems I don't like reading cuz it makes my head hurt

The one on the left

fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Looks to be fine fvrr
Old 10-16-2011, 10:33 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Oh boy were getting close to scaler time Come on everyone, Red hills is a scaler paradise and hope to see all who have scalers come out to play with Team LERK
Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Oh boy were getting close to scaler time Come on everyone, Red hills is a scaler paradise and hope to see all who have scalers come out to play with Team LERK
Really looking foward to this series and with the addition of the 1.9 MRC class its going to be a blast!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:56 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Can recovery ramps be used?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

you've got to watch what you sell here can't pm penalty bs.
so i'll send a few parts for your give away. got work crew at my duck club and will send them down with Mike and Rob from the hobby shop. i think they're coming down to run their 1.9s. not sure their scalers fit the rules but i'm telling them to bring them any way. Rob's little blue samurai rocks and you have to see it.

have fun all
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumquak View Post
you've got to watch what you sell here can't pm penalty bs.
so i'll send a few parts for your give away. got work crew at my duck club and will send them down with Mike and Rob from the hobby shop. i think they're coming down to run their 1.9s. not sure their scalers fit the rules but i'm telling them to bring them any way. Rob's little blue samurai rocks and you have to see it.

have fun all
Thanks John and wish you could make it but I know we'll see you soon yea tell them to bring there scalers for sure, They can run them on the course just have to be in spec to run in the series. We love having as many people as we can because it makes for a funner time all around and as long as the rigs have 4 wheels and run, they can run with LERK anyday. Well you know how it go's John I don't have to tell you lol
Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
Can recovery ramps be used?
Well since theres no rule I can find i'm going to say yes because your doing this on your time Also noticed that a recovery is 10 points and a winch is only 1 point I think thats not a good rule so at the event i'll let everyone know we'll do it like last year, Use your winch it's +5 and a recovery well stay at +10 meaning if you need to get a judges pull then it's a ten. This only counts though if your struggling through a gate not wedged in a hole our totally stuck then it's a +10 and repositioned back to last gate progressed.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Trying to lighten my load up a bit.

Spare, recovery strap 2 scale items = -5 but are you saying 5 or more scale items is another -5 ? I need all the points I can get

Scale points:
Mandatory items as follows- Must have spare tire, Recovery strap and at least 2 scale items. You must have these on your rig or you well not get any scale points minused off your score at end of the day. If you have these you well get an extra -5 if you have 5 or more scale accessories not including mandatory items.
5 or more scale items= -5
Real winch= -3/ Servo winch= -2/ Fake winch= -1
Metal bumpers F/B= -3/ Plastic bumpers F/B= -1
Hard body= -3
Servo mounted on chassis= -1
Fender wells or interior= -1/ Both= -3 rear and full interior ?
Transfer case= -3
Full scale tuber with panels= -5/ Plastic= -2
Rear caged truggy metal= -3/ Plastic= -1
Leaf springs= -1/ F/B= -3
Lights F/B= -2/ Must be on while running courses.

If you don't have mandatory items you well not get any scale points taken off at the end of the event.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Well since theres no rule I can find i'm going to say yes because your doing this on your time Also noticed that a recovery is 10 points and a winch is only 1 point I think thats not a good rule so at the event i'll let everyone know we'll do it like last year, Use your winch it's +5 and a recovery well stay at +10 meaning if you need to get a judges pull then it's a ten. This only counts though if your struggling through a gate not wedged in a hole our totally stuck then it's a +10 and repositioned back to last gate progressed.

Found the ruling on the sand ramps, post #17 & 18 *2011 SORCCA Course points and penalties* War Pig says its the same as a winch penalty.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Trying to lighten my load up a bit.

Spare, recovery strap 2 scale items = -5 but are you saying 5 or more scale items is another -5 ?
No you have to have the mandatory to get any additional scale points. So you will have the spare, recovery strap and 2 scale items as manditory items. Then if you have 5 more scale items you will get -5. So in a sense you have to have 7 scale items to get the -5, 2 manditory scale items + 5 more scale items.

Hope that helps Martin do you have any idea who will be coming from the Sac area.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
No you have to have the mandatory to get any additional scale points. So you will have the spare, recovery strap and 2 scale items as manditory items. Then if you have 5 more scale items you will get -5. So in a sense you have to have 7 scale items to get the -5, 2 manditory scale items + 5 more scale items.

Hope that helps Martin do you have any idea who will be coming from the Sac area.
Me, maybe Mike from Ace Hobbies, Rob's mom passed away this week so won't be making the trip. Dan might come down, nissan mike won't be able to make it. So I didn't answer your question but Me and possible two more. I'll know more in a couple of hours.