Notices

Thread: Futaba 3pj Super ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 04:56 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Futaba 3pj Super ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
Congratulation to Jason Craig for winning the top spot. Although he was using for the first time, that cheater radio, the Futaba 3pj Super. We all could see the great advantage you can have with 4 wheel independent steering. Friendly complaints were numerous that using that radio was cheating. Of course when we all get one it won’t be cheating, it will be the best thing ever. It’s funny how that works.
Tower /Futaba site show this radio as discountined Any suggestions
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Say hello to my dactylion

Default Re: Futaba 3pj Super ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
Congratulation to Jason Craig for winning the top spot. Although he was using for the first time, that cheater radio, the Futaba 3pj Super. We all could see the great advantage you can have with 4 wheel independent steering. Friendly complaints were numerous that using that radio was cheating. Of course when we all get one it won’t be cheating, it will be the best thing ever. It’s funny how that works.
Tower /Futaba site show this radio as discountined Any suggestions
The Futaba 3pk can do the same thing (what the Ausies say) some of them are using them.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Futaba 3pj Super ?

The 3pk will do everything including cook your breakfast and wipe your a*s. If you want to go with digital servos and spend big $ then this is your control.

Other controls which you can use analogue servos with are the JR XR3 or the Hitec Agressor CRX (my choice). The JR is the cheapest and does not need crystals but is limited to Std 4ws or crab steer where as the others offer Front only, Rear only, Crab, Normal, Steer with the front while holding the rear to one side... the list goes on, it's depends how creative you want to be with the programing. Nearly all competitors run 3ch controllers over here, it really is the only way to stay competitive because with it you really can do some amazing things with your truck.

The futaba 3pm is another option but I have no experience in how they can be set up.

A couple of guys use aeroplane 4 ch stick controlers but to me seem a bit too fiddly.

Once you go independant you will wonder how you ever lived without it.
TXTFUN is offline   Reply With Quote