Cavie98... You going to make it?
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Cavie98... You going to make it?

Unfortunately not this one. I've been working on this house so much and with the Turkey Crawl and the Holidays I'm gonna have to miss this one. I'm also on call that weekend. I tried to get someone to cover it but have not been able to.

Sorry guys. I should be back at the January one.
cavie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Still hoping to make it to this comp!
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie98 View Post
Unfortunately not this one. I've been working on this house so much and with the Turkey Crawl and the Holidays I'm gonna have to miss this one. I'm also on call that weekend. I tried to get someone to cover it but have not been able to.

Sorry guys. I should be back at the January one.
That sucks man, but I completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Still hoping to make it to this comp!
cool, bring your super just in case.
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #45

im in for 2.2 with my own this time thumbsup
BRAIDEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAIDEN View Post
im in for 2.2 with my own this time thumbsup

Good deal! Got you on the list
Old 11-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Hey guys got a question. At the last comp when they speced my truck they said it was 1/4 inch short but no matter how I measure its 12.5. What am I doing wrong or whats the deal? Just want to make sure its right.
SINister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #48
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINister View Post
Hey guys got a question. At the last comp when they speced my truck they said it was 1/4 inch short but no matter how I measure its 12.5. What am I doing wrong or whats the deal? Just want to make sure its right.
Wow. A 1/4" is a big difference. As long as you don't exceed 12.5" through the suspension cycle, you should be good.
Here it is according to the book....

6.4 -
Wheelbase:
is measured from center of axle nut to center of axle nut. The vehicle should be set down on a flat
surface by the driver. The front wheel on the side that is being checked, must be pointing straight forward. At that time,
the driver will then cycle the suspension through it's complete extension and compression range while the judge
measures the vehicle's maximum wheelbase. At any point the vehicle's wheelbase cannot extend beyond the maximum
limit of it’s class. All the above procedures must be duplicated on the opposite side. Note: All vehicles will be teched in
the same ready to run condition, and set up as the vehicle will be run on the course. If the vehicles wheelbase is

affected by radio control it must be cycled or activated during tech inspection.
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Chris, It's OK to be short. The spec is that when you mash the truck down to where it bottoms out (on whatever... shocks links...or skid) it can't go past 12.5 from axle to axle with the wheels pointed straight ahead.

Some trucks shrink when you mash them down depending on link placement.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Chris, It's OK to be short. The spec is that when you mash the truck down to where it bottoms out (on whatever... shocks links...or skid) it can't go past 12.5 from axle to axle with the wheels pointed straight ahead.

Some trucks shrink when you mash them down depending on link placement.

I understand the rules and suspension etc.. What I'm asking is why is there such a difference from home to comp. Before a comp I double check the wb with the wheels off and on but at spec it's a 1/4 inch short. I guess what I'm getting at is I don't want to add 1/4 inch and then be out of spec. Maybe I've got a bum tape measure or something.

Anyway were going to try to hit North Shore again on Sunday if anyone is interested.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I understand the rules and suspension etc.. What I'm asking is why is there such a difference from home to comp. Before a comp I double check the wb with the wheels off and on but at spec it's a 1/4 inch short. I guess what I'm getting at is I don't want to add 1/4 inch and then be out of spec. Maybe I've got a bum tape measure or something.

Anyway were going to try to hit North Shore again on Sunday if anyone is interested.
When on Sunday? Would love to meet some of you and learn a few things before the comp on Sat.

Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving, guys!
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Oh... sorry. I understand now.

I don't know. We use a special tool made by TCS for checking wheelbase. I made one of my own before that by gluing two lexan triangles to a ruler. The points reach into the wheel face to contact the axle shaft end.. I try to keep my truck a little short because I have never seen two groups tech the vehicles exactly the same. The one time I had it dead nuts on 12.5", I went to a comp in Alabama and they said it was long on one side. Now I just keep it a little short to be safe.

While you are at Northshore, beat down some of that brush and leaves for us
Old 11-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #53
Hoof Hearted?

Quote:

Has this happened multiple times at comps, or just once?
Grandmasboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #54
RCC Addict

It's happened a couple times. I guess it doesn't really matter as long as its legal. I'm gonna try to make something similar to what we use at the comp hopefully over the holiday break.

As far as Sunday goes we are gonna try for the afternoon when it warms up. I'll post up a time Saturday night once I know for sure. dentonmac we are gonna set up some courses and judge/time so it would be a good time to get a feel for things.

We're gonna get there early on camp day so we can watch Harvo rake leaves and help setup
Old 11-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

You probably know this but make sure you are using something other than the metal tip on the tape measure. Id use the 1" mark and check it at the 13.5" mark. As far as the rule goes...its not just when you dquat the rig down all the way...its "tgroughout the suspension cycle" so be sure to check it from full droop to full squat and make sure it doesnt exceed 12.5" at any point.

Looking forward to comping with yall again
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

We're gonna get there early on camp day so we can watch Harvo rake leaves and help setup
Thanks... I think

Post up about Sunday details when you know them. I might try to drive up and get a jump start on the raking.

Last edited by Harvo; 11-24-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

I might try and sneak out while the woman is at work
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #58
RCC Addict

I have been measuring from the metal tip so Ill try your suggestion thanks.

Were gonna shoot for 1pm on Sunday and everyone is welcome to come out.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
dentonmac we are gonna set up some courses and judge/time so it would be a good time to get a feel for things.
Thanks, very cool - I'll be there. Barring the rain in the forecast!

I can bring blowers, rakes, and small children to beat down, rake, or what ever!
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmac View Post
Thanks, very cool - I'll be there. Barring the rain in the forecast!

I can bring blowers, rakes, and small children to beat down, rake, or what ever!

If your bringing small children to beat down I am In.. Just jokin I may ride up and run with yall sunday
obebaldone1 is offline   Reply With Quote