Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC 2011 Ultra4 R/C, Event #2 "Rock Rail Express"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC 2011 Ultra4 R/C, Event #2 "Rock Rail Express"

801RCC 2011 Ultra4 R/C, Event #2 "Rock Rail Express"

Ultra4 racing is back!! That's right!! 801RCC is throwing down another Ultra4 R/C event. This time we'll be taking the racing action to one of the most brutal terrains in all of R/C, Black Rock!!! Black Rock as earned a reputation for carnage in the R/C world. Although it is the smallest of the venues it's density of extreme terrain is unmatched. So if your looking for some side by side racing action like you've never seen come on out and join 801RCC at another premium R/C event

-When-
Dec 18th 2011

9-9:30 Course setup
10:00 Sign ups
11:00 Pics and drivers meeting
11:15/11:30 Race starts

-Where-
"Black Rock"

NAME: Black Rock
TERRAIN: Small to large jagged boulders, sand
TRACTION: very low to extremely high

Black Rock is just west of the marina @ the great salt lake. Take the Saltair exit head west on the frontage road north of the freeway. Follow it a few miles take the dirt road on the left and you cant miss.

Event:
-Pairing Drivers- After signing up, drivers will be randomly drawn for running order and paired together for the event. Driver #1 of the pair will run first while driver #2 is the Spotter. After driver #1 finishes the course they will switch rolls and driver #2 will run while driver #1 spots.
-Starting- All vehicles must be ready and staged immediately after the driver signs up. Drivers will start 30 seconds apart.
-Time- Time starts when the vehicle crosses the starting line. Time stops when the vehicle crosses the finish line. Once time starts time can not be stopped for any reason.
-Passing- Slower rigs should (but are not required to) yield to the passing vehicle.
-Scale Accessories- All scale accessories must be scale in nature. Any item carried by the vehicle may be used during the race without penalty, such as a winch, strap, sand ladders, ramps, etc.
-Assist-Any driver on course can assist another driver at any time without penalty. Such as rollover recovery, pulling/winching, etc
-Repairs- Any vehicle in need of repair must remain on course. All vehicles must be repaired on course. If a driver removes his vehicle from the course at any time his run ends. The drivers finishing position will be based on last progressed gate.
-Penalties- All penalties will be added after the driver finishes the course.
-Teams- Team times will be the average time of all drivers in the team.

Course Design:
The race course will be made up of 100+/- numbered gates that must be ran in order and may have boundaries. Courses may have some wet conditions such as mud, water, snow, etc.

Penalties:
-Cone- If a driver at any time hits a cone a 1min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Boundary- If a driver at any time touches a boundary a 1min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time.
-Assist- If a driver at any time has to be assisted by his course "Spotter" a 2min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time

Classes:
-1.9- Any vehicle running a 1.9" rim
-2.2- Any vehicle running a 2.2" rim
-Teams- Teams must have multiple drivers. Teams must have at least one 1.9 vehicle.
At this time drivers will only be allowed to run either 2.2 or 1.9 class, not both.

Vehicle specs:
This is a scale event NO COMP CRAWLERS.
All vehicles must be shaft driven
All vehicles must have a full frame. Tube style, ladder style, etc.
All vehicles must run a production "scale" tire.
All vehicles must have at least 1 recovery device, strap, winch, etc.
All vehicles must carry a minimum of 3 additional scale items, excluding the mandatory recover device.
Any and all modifications to vehicle must remain scale in nature.
No eliminating of original scale hardware. Example: Wraith drivers can change the interior/seats but they must have the interior/seats. A honcho can change it's bumper/spare tire but it must have a bumper/spare tire, etc.

Terms:
-Cone- Cones are used to define the race course. Cones are setup in pairs with matching numbers making a "Gate"
-Gate- The area of the course between cones of the same number
-Spotter- The person assigned to time and asses penalties for the driver. The Spotter will also help the driver during an "Assist"
-Assist- If a drivers vehicle can not be righted during a rollover the "Spotter" may roll the vehicle back onto it's wheels using the spotter strap. A Spotter may also winch the vehicle up/through sections of the course that may be too difficult for the vehicle. The Spotter can only move the vehicle by using a "strap". Any and every time the Spotter has to "assist" the vehicle a 2 min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Team- Multiple drivers running under one name.

Have Fun!!
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I can not wait for this event!!!

I missed the first one , but fully plan on putting the hurt down on everyone in my way!(especially COCO)
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I'm ready!!
Here is my rig

Additional scale acc. available for the Ultra4 Race:
  • 1: Driver
    2: Fire Extinguisher
    3: Shovel
    4: High Lift Jack
    5: Jerry Can
    6: Propane Tank
    7: Tow Rope
    8: Fuel Cell
    9: License Plate
    10: Shock Screens

Old 12-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Default Re: 801RCC 2011 Ultra4 R/C, Event #2 "Rock Rail Express"

Awesome!!! Once again I had a blast. Will and I had an awesome battle for almost half of the race. I think we passed each other over a dozen times. I really liked the man made obstacles we had this time too. I got ruffed up a bit on the concrete jump and almost hit the cone at the end of the whoop section. I think the rocks on the north beach was the hardest section, you really had to slow down to a crawl and pick your line carefully. I think this was the spot that served up the most carnage. There was some really fun climbs on the south side of the rock too. I really enjoyed the course over all. Black Rock lived up to its reputation. We had 30 rigs, 18 finished, 12 DNF's. Carnage included smoked motors, blown spur gears, busted axles, and a driveline or two. I hope everyone had a great time. I can't wait for he next one.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The few pics I snapped

I didn't get much but here they are

Old 12-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Gotta love the cold days at black rock! Missed out AGAIN! For some reason i thought it was saturday and i had to work. But then again, i probably couldn't have made it either way. My wraith is ready to take the test.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote