Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Official RCCrawler.com comp rules.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2005, 04:06 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Official RCCrawler.com comp rules.

So, is the box going to stay the way it is? I just fit in the box at 22.5” long and 16.75” wide with stock LST’s, XF axles, and 16”wb.
NeoSlayer888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2005, 03:52 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

BTT....
4RnrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to see the "box" be at least 18"x26". Most "full-width" or hybrid axles tend to push the 17" mark if the tires/wheels haven't been altered yet.

Just make the box big enough that anyone can come and play...although hardly anyone will build such a monster to compete but yay never know.

As far as any questions about winching... I don't think the bigger trucks(Clods, TXT's, Juggs, Twin, X's, Maxx hybrids, etc) should be allowed to winch. Just seems pointless to add all that crap onto a serious comp rig. The smaller rigs(2.2's/TLT's) would be fine with winching, especially if they were running some sort of Team Trials class.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #44

Maybe i missed something but in the rules it says that open differentials are not ok that shouldnt have to be a rule, if someone wants to punish themselves with less traction in 99% of the situations why should u stop them, you may get a better turning radius but it cant make that much difference as opposed to traction. seems that "ignorance is bliss" would fit well in right here
TLTKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

There's this thing called time-and while your waiting for some dude to figure out that he's not going to make the corse you could have other guys driving insteed.

If you ever go to a comp take note of how long it takes to get 4 or 5 trucks that are built right through a corse ;)
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:34 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

SO.. I think this thread needs to be dragged up from the depths as the Competition season is in full swing.

Questions.....

The Box - Currently it states deminsions of 24"x17". Is this still current/correct? I hope we can all agree to alter this to fit in with some of the wacky rigs that people can come up with. Currently my RCRG Maxx Hybrid measures out to 25"x16.25" I'd fill that box. I know my rig is too big but with all the steep rocks we(ORCRC) have to go up it seems to help.

Axles - Currently mentions, "No Open Diffs". Why? I run a open/LS like diff on my Maxx truck and actually like it. This should state that you must have at least one locked diff.

Steering - Mentions servo controlled system... Does this include cable operated steering via servo(s)?

Tires - Rules mention only 4 tires are allowed. What if a 6x6 was entered in a comp yet fit within "The Box" easily? I think if you can build a 6x6(or more) within "The Box" then you should be able to run it.

Just some things I wanted to question since I was re-reading the RCC rules. I guess I should also ask if any group is actually using the RCC rules at their comps? Or are you running the UTRCRC rules? How about a modified version of RCC, UTRCRC and your own? I know ORCRC has blended the UTRCRC rules into our ORCRC rules. We have a wide variety of vehicles and driver skills involved at our comps so we can't be too strict.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Well I am still trying to come up with a group of guys.LOL Anyway when I can get this going warcrc will have the same rules as orcrc.
There are some guys starting to come out of the wood work though wich is good.
I hope to see you guys on the 19th.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #48
R.I.P. Chip

Just so you guys all know we have secretly been working behind the scenes in getting a set of rules written that everyone can agree on. This way we can have a set of standardized rules used across the country.

We formed a rules committee pulling members from every major club and we have all been working behind the scenes on a set of rules that all of our clubs agree on. Each club has given and taken a little and the rules we now have seem to be pretty good.

We are getting ready to release these rules very shortly. I will let all of you know now, the box rule doesn't exist in any form in the new rules ;)
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:53 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Default Man.....

Who thought this crap up? :-)

The rules look great! There harder in some areas and easier in others. We recieved a pretty good response to a pre-set of rules at our last comp.

Thanks to everyone that was a part of the "Secret Group" that put all there time and effort in. It kind of makes me wonder what other secret groups we have on this board. You know that Dirk is into some weird shit.

Kind of makes you wonder.......

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote