Thread: Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
Man it would be nice to get Big Bill out for this one

I would do it in a heartbeat, its the 7 hour drive that is the killer. And like Chris said you guys put on a 1st class event.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Looking forward to this event, it will nice meeting all the other clubs in the area.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I'm down for a lil competition but it does suck to use a rig for G6 against comp style scalers ....
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
I'm down for a lil competition but it does suck to use a rig for G6 against comp style scalers ....
Why do you say that? My rig probably has everything yours does in it and is built from the same chassis and set up as your hancho. There is not one thing on my rig that would hold you back from running a G6 so why would you think our rigs are that much better for this format? I actually like the rigs is see at the G6 events. I wish I had the time to put into my rig like some of the G6 guys do. You guys are hardcore. I have seen you drive and I don't think you will have any issues at all. Can wait to see you out there.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Excuse my noobness to the whole comp thing, a winch is required, but then why are you penalized when using it?

Lookin forward to this event, hopefully AREA 916 Rc Scalers will represent
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Excuse my noobness to the whole comp thing, a winch is required, but then why are you penalized when using it?

Lookin forward to this event, hopefully AREA 916 Rc Scalers will represent
Your noobiness is excused A winch is not required but highly recommended. A case were you do noy get penalized for winching is in a bonus winch course were you will have to use it to get through a series of gates in a set time to receive the bonus points or you can use it on course in an area were you are having a hard time getting through a gate or over an obstacle were you will be penalized for use. Progression through gates is key! Our course designer and Team Captain JRock makes the courses just hard enough to push your rigs capabilities. 9 times out of 10 i personally do not need to use my winch on course i usually work it out some how. But in the case i cant work it out i allways have my winch to fall back on and progress through the course.

I think there is a lot of misconception with the format we are running especially to the newer guys in the "Scaler" side of the hobby. Our events were scaled after real 1:1 competitions. Review some of these rules and see that they are pretty similar to the format that we are running.

http://www.calrocs.com/images/rulebook.pdf

http://www.werocklive.com/forms/2009..._rule_book.pdf

If our events were 1:1 comps this is what they would be like.

Relentless Motorsports 2011 CalROCS Season Champions - YouTube

Team ASHMAN, WE Rock Tucson Sportsman class 2nd place, April 2011 - YouTube

I am sure AREA 916 will represent
Old 12-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Great thanks for clarifying this and providing those links!

I'm in trouble, I think I winched my self more then actually driving at the birthday bash G6 lol DOH! Seems my driving style ends more on my lid then on all fours hahaha still havin fun no matter if I roll over more then driving lol.
crowninshield3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowninshield3 View Post
Great thanks for clarifying this and providing those links!

I'm in trouble, I think I winched my self more then actually driving at the birthday bash G6 lol DOH! Seems my driving style ends more on my lid then on all fours hahaha still havin fun no matter if I roll over more then driving lol.
No prob man, key words are highlited
Old 12-22-2011, 01:40 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

So when and where will this event take place? I may be down to round up a few people and travel a bit. Let me know
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
So when and where will this event take place? I may be down to round up a few people and travel a bit. Let me know
First post in this thread has all the info. But to answer your question it will be on Feb 5th at Dottons Point Folsom Lake.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Hey Finishline, is there a camping area near by the comp?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Not sure, maybe some of the Folsom homeboys can answer that
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Camping is allowed at Beals Point less than 5 min from the comp site. Same lake just different entrance
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Camping is allowed at Beals Point less than 5 min from the comp site. Same lake just different entrance
Thanks Martin
Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Holy crap I finally got my computer working I hate this electronic piece of s*#$ lol. Well I like to see all these people interested in this format because it's been a long time comin and about time we got this together, Great work James

Can't wait to see old friends and meet new people and this is why we love this hobby so much. Well see everyone soon,

Jason
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Just so everyone new knows we have always run our comps with reverse penalties and have been doing this since I started Team LERK. These events were going before any G6 was ever thought of and we'll always do this the way 1.1 comping really is.

I know a lot of guy's have only run G6 events and I can see how being charged for a reverse is like what the hell, But like finishline said it's a different format to push rigs to there limit and there is no difference in the way our rigs compare to most rigs that run the G6's.

This is going to open a whole new chapter of crawlin and I hope to see everyone come out for this and other Team LERK event's,

Jason
Old 12-24-2011, 12:42 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Just so everyone new knows we have always run our comps with reverse penalties and have been doing this since I started Team LERK. These events were going before any G6 was ever thought of and we'll always do this the way 1.1 comping really is.

I know a lot of guy's have only run G6 events and I can see how being charged for a reverse is like what the hell, But like finishline said it's a different format to push rigs to there limit and there is no difference in the way our rigs compare to most rigs that run the G6's.

This is going to open a whole new chapter of crawlin and I hope to see everyone come out for this and other Team LERK event's,

Jason
Hey Jason, I think a lot of the Sac guys are NON comp guys and with scalers just don't understand the penalties associated with "scalers". I have a problem with the winch penalty myself but you know what. When we come to your house we play by your rules when you come to our house you play by ours
Old 12-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Hey Jason, I think a lot of the Sac guys are NON comp guys and with scalers just don't understand the penalties associated with "scalers". I have a problem with the winch penalty myself but you know what. When we come to your house we play by your rules when you come to our house you play by ours
Hey Martin whats upper, I want all this feedback because it helps us work things out so we can try to work with people or explain the format a little better for people in this hobby.

I want more then anything to have as many guy's come out to this event and season events also but don't want guy's not coming because of reverses These events are a blast and anyone who has ever come to one of our events had a great time with no complaints so with that said I hope to see you guy's come out and represent your club

The winch penalties are only if you can't make it up something or lets say your stuck and instead of taking a reposition +10 points you can winch yourself out for only +5 points. It's not going to be mandatory being we won't make a course were we know no one well be able to crawl it so they have to winch no matter what. It's more for if you get in a situation it's your choice to use the winch or try to work it out. Also we have a course that is going to be a winch course and you don't get charged for winching on this course because your only trying to get through the course on the time allowed.

Yes when I come to your neck of the woods I am more then happy to follow your rules with no problems and it should be the same with our events. If these guy's came to one of our events I know they would have a great time just like you have had great times at our events.

Last edited by JRock; 12-24-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

JRock thank you for explaining, see you at this event for sure
Old 12-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #40
RCC Addict

I like to change things up once and a while Just can't do back to back with G6 on Sat and Lerk on Sun I'm sure we'll have about 10 guys from the 916 to the team comp

Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Club and comp info eyecatcherone Michigan 1 11-09-2010 08:01 PM
rc club info? Losi man Competitions 2 09-06-2009 06:02 PM
MiRCa club info shrek Michigan 57 01-12-2009 08:19 PM
Gsrc: Club Info Important!!! Mav-1981 Missouri 27 07-10-2008 06:46 PM
NMRCRC Club Info ColquittCustom405 New Mexico 4 01-19-2008 09:04 AM