Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups

This sucks, but with so many clubs using the lake for RC events it was inevitable. You would think they would be happy to add revenue from parking fees, and with RC being such a low impact hobby it just doesnt make since. I wonder what a permit costs and what is required to get one, if it comes down to that? If I remember correctly I think one of the G-6s got shut down last year, and the last 2.2 Crawler Comp. I attended was at Beeks and the parking lot was full of our cars and no one complained. Anyway with all of the State and Fed. Parks about to be closed you would think they would welcome any revenue generated. Sorry for the rant but this kind of $hit just pisses me off.
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
This sucks, but with so many clubs using the lake for RC events it was inevitable. You would think they would be happy to add revenue from parking fees, and with RC being such a low impact hobby it just doesnt make since. I wonder what a permit costs and what is required to get one, if it comes down to that? If I remember correctly I think one of the G-6s got shut down last year, and the last 2.2 Crawler Comp. I attended was at Beeks and the parking lot was full of our cars and no one complained. Anyway with all of the State and Fed. Parks about to be closed you would think they would welcome any revenue generated. Sorry for the rant but this kind of $hit just pisses me off.

I think the permits are $50. at the lake. I need to double check.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post

Thats not that bad, $50.00. It would be well worth it if you could get about 30-40 guys together for a comp.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Please let us know what you find out. I had herd it was around $350.00 for the permit, but it would be really nice to find out exactly what it is. Also need to find out if we need to have liability insurance on the event or does the fee cover that.
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Default Team L.E.R.K Club vs Club Comp #1 Video

Team L.E.R.K Club vs Club Comp #1

Last edited by DORK VADER; 02-11-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

awesome Matt, only saw 1/2 for now. i knew i missed some fun.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #87
RCC Addict

I cant watch the video from a Android device
Old 02-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
I cant watch the video from a Android device

That's not the first time I've heard that. I think its Vimeo, because its rendered as an MP4 file which is what all those phones should support.

Did you try to turn off the HD button on the Vimeo player ?? Your Android may not support the resolution..

I'll try to get you a DVD copy. You going to be at the RCOTC on the 19th??
Old 02-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Well 30 min in and this video is BAD ASS so far, Great Job Matt you rock with the editing work
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #90
Rock Crawler

Ditto on what John and J-Rock said, I was only able to watch 1/2 so far awesome job Matt. Great sound-track, the best for me so far is zonkereds rig pulling the truck,
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

cool vid matt great job!!!!!!
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Well 30 min in and this video is BAD ASS so far, Great Job Matt you rock with the editing work
Haha...Holy long ass video.. Should make a good shop video.. Glad you are liking it.. considering it was supposed to represent your guy's super duper fun event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Ditto on what John and J-Rock said, I was only able to watch 1/2 so far awesome job Matt. Great sound-track, the best for me so far is zonkereds rig pulling the truck,
Yeah, that was some good shots of his rig getting it.

Very cool rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
cool vid matt great job!!!!!!
Did you sit through it all ??
Old 02-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's not the first time I've heard that. I think its Vimeo, because its rendered as an MP4 file which is what all those phones should support.

Did you try to turn off the HD button on the Vimeo player ?? Your Android may not support the resolution..

I'll try to get you a DVD copy. You going to be at the RCOTC on the 19th??
First off WOW!!!! great job Matt i just watched the whole video with my boys. I know how much of a chore editing is and i really appreciate the time you took to produce this video for us. We needed a good video to show guys what our comps are like.

With us not being able to run the minies at the event we have a mini comp tomorrow and im trying to make that one but i dont think i can pull 3 weekends in a row of with a brand new baby in the house. Sundays are usally my wifes off day. But as far as the DVD goes i am willing to pay for it and maybe you can ship it to me. I think you could prob sell a few of these
Old 02-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
First off WOW!!!! great job Matt i just watched the whole video with my boys. I know how much of a chore editing is and i really appreciate the time you took to produce this video for us. We needed a good video to show guys what our comps are like.

With us not being able to run the minies at the event we have a mini comp tomorrow and im trying to make that one but i dont think i can pull 3 weekends in a row of with a brand new baby in the house. Sundays are usally my wifes off day. But as far as the DVD goes i am willing to pay for it and maybe you can ship it to me. I think you could prob sell a few of these

No problem I will burn a DVD of it so you have a hard copy. If you want a full production DVD with designed cover and title screen, PM me. If you guys want to have copies for comp swag and other things.

Sorry about your part in the video...the camera battery died both times right as your run got started and then your boys rig broke at that 2nd gate...but I used what I could. This goes to anybody else we missed, sorry.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
No problem I will burn a DVD of it so you have a hard copy. If you want a full production DVD with designed cover and title screen, PM me. If you guys want to have copies for comp swag and other things.

Sorry about your part in the video...the camera battery died both times right as your run got started and then your boys rig broke at that 2nd gate...but I used what I could. This goes to anybody else we missed, sorry.
No prob man i got to start the video off. It seemed like you got most of the guys wich is hard to do. There were so many cool rigs there, i got a couple good ideas that i want to try on my rig.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Dude, if u keep putting these videos out your not going to be able to run at the events you go to another nice low budget production video! Maybe u can work something out with Rob @ ace hobbies. I know the BD bash vid was awesome playing in the hobby shop.

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Maybe u can work something out with Rob @ ace hobbies. I know the BD bash vid was awesome playing in the hobby shop.

Sent from my new phone using tapatalk.
Thats What i plan on doing with it. The guys at the hobby shop have been asking for a good scaler video for ever, and now i can give them one
Old 02-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

My pos computer wont let me watch the vid,heard its sweet.Have to go check it tomorrow @ Mr V's.
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

awsome video,nice matt, if you can hook me up with one,
jerrys800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #100
Rock Crawler

Thats a great video, i would like to get a copy too. Please let me know how much and I can paypal you.
ANoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info finishline Competitions 94 02-03-2012 11:08 PM
Club and comp info eyecatcherone Michigan 1 11-09-2010 08:01 PM
rc club info? Losi man Competitions 2 09-06-2009 06:02 PM
MiRCa club info shrek Michigan 57 01-12-2009 08:19 PM
NMRCRC Club Info ColquittCustom405 New Mexico 4 01-19-2008 09:04 AM