Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Bradenville PA trials comp august 6th, points and what you placed listed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #41

clod racing is about as addicting as it gets. going to these events got me started in it and i have had more fun racing clods than any other type of rc i have owned. after you see them run... hell after you see one just sitting there in person you will want one. make sure to come down to the comp with some $$ on hand since everyone usually has parts forsale to get started on building one.

here are some pics of trucks from past events, i know i have more somewhere..

some of brians trucks.

DimeBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default braidenville comp

i will try to be there with some other people hopefully all i have is a modded nylint was supposed to be getting a bronco tuber from tubeworks but the guy ran off with my money and no tuber so i hope there is a class that a 1/6 nylint can run thanks jason ne ohio can someone get back with me on if i can run this machine
mudslinger74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:18 AM   #43
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger74
i will try to be there with some other people hopefully all i have is a modded nylint was supposed to be getting a bronco tuber from tubeworks but the guy ran off with my money and no tuber so i hope there is a class that a 1/6 nylint can run thanks jason ne ohio can someone get back with me on if i can run this machine
you will probably run it in the clod class.

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #44
RCC Addict

i assume the rules you posted are for racing...

i am curious if a clod with clod tires is a trial class, versus a clod with other tires is in the unlimited class...
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

The clod class seems to be for more stock and race truck style crawlers;
extreme is for more modded clod crawlers
rubicon20032003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 PM   #46
RCC Addict

well how do they make that determination???? i mean really all mine has is an nn chassis, and wideners. i thought anything with clod axels was a clod depending on the tire choices possibly.... basically i am trying to figure out how many classes i can squeeze in to this.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #47
Rock Stacker

I running a nn to.I'll probably be pushed in extreme.Extreme the course is longer thats all.Its alittle harder
Old 07-24-2006, 09:31 PM   #48
RCC Addict

oh ok....
so i guess i am stuck only running one class, per truck.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

It won't hurt to ask them down their.But Clod class is more for the races to try the class.But mike maybe able to tell you?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:57 PM   #50
RCC Addict

its cool, i realize that mine really is probably an unlimited truck. i was just hoping to get another shot at the course.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:00 AM   #51
Sinking with the ship

Basically the clod class is for someone who has a race clod and wants to do trials, so for the most part these clods dont have locked diffs, 4 wheel steering etc. You can however have one locked diff, or 4 wheel steering. Once you have everything locked up and 4 wheel steering you be in the Extreme class which is the class for trucks built for crawling.

MIke
Old 07-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #52
RCC Addict

oh ok thats kinda what i figured....
Old 07-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #53
RCC Addict

hey there

I just want to make sure that I get this right.

If I get my wife (Total Novice) to attend the comp, she could run the following class.

----Novice
Class for the kids and true beginners. Run what you have. 4-minute races.

I would like to build her a Pede using stock tires or M2Ks and a Noval SS4300 (the really slow stock one). Run on a 6 cell stick pack. Is this acceptable?

Also will there be one race per class?
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #54

never heard of that motor before but that sounds about right!

the racing is setup with 2 qualifying heats then a main. the heats setup the mains and the winner of the A main is the winner overall. for the bigger classes there are multiple mains setup, the A main being the top one then the B main bellow it. the winner of the A gets a trophy and 2nd through 4th get ribbons. the winners 1st through 4th in the B main and so on get ribbons as well.
DimeBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:52 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, as the designer of the Trials course, I thought I would pop in and try to clear up some of the questions about the Trials. As it stands right now, there are 4 classes: 2wd, 2.2 Crawlers, 4wd and Extremes. 2wd is for any 2wd truck, no tire limits. 2.2 Crawler is just like it sounds, 2.2 tired modified crawlers. 4wd is mainly for any 4wd truck, but if it has any 2 or more serious crawling mods, it must move up to the Extreme class. Serious crawling mods include gear reductions, lockers, 4 wheel steering, etc. Extremes are for big-tired serious crawlers. Nylint 1/6 scale trucks fall into the Extreme class since they have locked diffs and low gearing. Nylint 1/18 scale rigs can run in the 2.2 Crawler class, but pretty much need 2.2 tires added(the stock 1/18 tires are pretty small for the course and probably wouldn't do very well).

You can enter as many trucks as you want. Some of the course will be built prior to the weekend's start, but practicing is discouraged so everyone pretty much faces it fresh. We will test-run portions of the course as needed to check if certain obstacles need tweeked or adjusted.

As for the scoring, it is a little different. Each run is timed, but the time is only used as a point tie-breaker in the event of a tie. You start the course with 100 points. You get points deducted for errors. For example touching your truck, falling off an obstacle or missing an obstacle(say if you can't make it and need to bypass it to go on) is a 5 point deduction per instance. If you fall off something and have to set your truck back on it, that would only count as a single 5 point deduction, understand? Certain obstacles have their own unique deduction, like clearing a see-saw without knocking a golf ball off it's holder(if the ball falls, it's a 3 point deduction). Pegs/cones/gates are 1 point deductions if you hit them, per cone. There are a few special instances that will be explained prior to the Trials start at a driver's meeting. There is no penalty for using 4 wheel steering(mainly because stock clods come with it), but there is a 2 point penalty for reversing. There is no provision for a truck length worth of reversing. ANY powered reverse is a 2 point penalty per instance, no limit on distance. In most cases, it is better to back up to get a better line, than to force a bad line and take 5 points for touching/falling off.

After everyone has run, the scores will be tallied and the entry with the most points left wins. In the event of a points tie, whoever did it faster wins. The course is a lot of fun and I have a blast building it, but I have even more fun watching everyone trying their best to drive through it as cleanly as possible. The course for this year's event has undergone some pretty major changes from last event, and there has been a few things added as well. You guys will love it! If anyone has any questions, ask away. I'll keep checking and try to answer them all. I'm really hoping for a huge turnout. It will be pretty cool if the trials becomes the largest portion of the weekend's events! LOL!
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:45 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

sounds cool, can't wait till next weekend.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:26 PM   #57
RCC Addict

yeah i am ready to do this already.....i cant wait.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 AM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

yeah this is my first comp and i cant wait either guys i'll see ya's on sat
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #59
Sinking with the ship

Hey I want to thank everyone for coming to the event. I hope you guys had a good time and will come back for the next one in January (in door course). It was nice to meet everyone, hope everyone had a safe trip home.

KIT
Mike
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

is anyone going to post the results of the comp?
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote