Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #2 "Last Stand"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #2 "Last Stand"

801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #2 "Last Stand"

Ultra 4 Racing is on the rise and the competition is heating up like an LS1 on race fuel. Many drivers are edging up the performance in their rigs. More and more drivers and teams are making a full push for the top spots. The Ultra 4 courses will test you and your rig to their limits. Many feel that just finishing is a victory. If you think you have what it take to be the best come out and PROVE IT!!

-When-
Feb 19th 2012 (2-19-12)

9-9:30 Course setup
10:00 Sign ups
10:45 Pics and drivers meeting
11:00/11:15 Race starts

-Where-
"Black Rock"

NAME: Black Rock
TERRAIN: Small to large jagged boulders, sand
TRACTION: very low to extremely high

Black Rock is just west of the marina @ the great salt lake. Take the Saltair exit head west on the frontage road north of the freeway. Follow it a few miles take the dirt road on the left and you cant miss.

(flyer coming soon)

In true 801RCC fashion this will be a FREE event and is open to anyone running a Ultra 4 legal rig
(check the rules to make sure your rigs are in spec)

801RCC 2012 Ultra 4 Rules

Course Design:
The race course will be made up of 100+/- numbered gates that must be ran in order and may have boundaries. Courses may have some wet conditions such as mud, water, snow, etc. along with some man made obstacles. Be ready for just about anything!!!

Event:
-Run down- This is a timed event. Event will consist of two classes 1.9 and 2.2. Fastest overall time in each class wins. The event will consist of two "Heats", with a short break between heats for drivers to re-stage for heat #2.
-Pairing Drivers- After signing up, drivers will be randomly drawn for running order and paired together for the event. Driver #1 of the pair will run in heat #1, while driver #2 is the Spotter. Drivers will switch rolls for heat #2, driver #2 will run while driver #1 spots
-Starting- All vehicles must be ready and staged by the start of the race. Drivers will start 30 seconds apart or after the previous driver has reached a predetermined gate.
-Time- Time starts when the vehicle crosses the starting line. Time stops when the vehicle crosses the finish line. Once time starts time can not be stopped for any reason.
-Passing- Slower rigs should (but are not required to) yield to the passing vehicle.
-Scale Accessories- All scale accessories must be scale in nature. Any item carried by the vehicle may be used during the race without penalty, such as a winch, strap, sand ladders, ramps, etc.
-Assist-Any driver on course can assist another driver at any time without penalty. Such as rollover recovery, pulling/winching, etc
-Repairs- Any vehicle in need of repair must remain on course. All vehicles must be repaired on course. If a driver removes his vehicle from the course at any time his run ends. The drivers finishing position will be based on last progressed gate.
-Penalties- All penalties will be added after the driver finishes the course.
-Teams- A Teams time will be a combination of the average time and the average gate progress of all drivers in the team.

Penalties:
-Cone- If a driver at any time hits a cone a 1min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Boundary- If a driver at any time touches a boundary a 1min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time.
-Assist- If a driver at any time has to be assisted by his course "Spotter" a 2min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time

Bonus:
If a driver helps another rig on course with their recovery device the driver will be awarded a bonus of -1 min off their time at the end of their run

Classes:
-1.9- Any vehicle running a 1.9" rim
-2.2- Any vehicle running a 2.2" rim
-Teams- Teams must have multiple drivers and must list their team when registering. Teams must have their team logo on their rig.
At this time drivers will only be allowed to run either 2.2 or 1.9 class, not both.

Vehicle specs:
This is a scale event NO COMP CRAWLERS.
All vehicles must be shaft driven
All vehicles must have a full frame. Tube style, ladder style, etc. Frame must be at least the length of the wheelbase.
All Vehicles must have a front bumper/stinger etc.
All vehicles with an open top must have an interior.
All vehicles must run a production "scale" tire that is marketed as such.
All vehicles must have at least 1 recovery device, strap, winch, etc.
All vehicles must carry a minimum of 3 additional scale items, excluding the mandatory recovery device.
Any and all modifications to vehicle must remain scale in nature.
No eliminating of original scale hardware. Example: Wraith drivers can change the interior/seats but they must have the interior/seats. A honcho can change it's bumper/spare tire but it must have a bumper/spare tire, etc.

Terms:
-Cone- Cones are used to define the race course. Cones are setup in pairs with matching numbers making a "Gate"
-Gate- The area of the course between cones of the same number
-Spotter- The person assigned to time and assess penalties for the driver. The Spotter will also assist the driver during an "Assist"
-Assist- If a drivers vehicle can not be righted during a rollover the "Spotter" may roll the vehicle back onto it's wheels using the spotter strap. A Spotter may also winch the vehicle up/through sections of the course that may be too difficult for the vehicle. The Spotter can only move the vehicle by using a "strap". Any and every time the Spotter has to "assist" the vehicle a 2 min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Team- Multiple drivers running under one name.

Come join 801RCC at an all new style of R/C event.

Last edited by NaZ-T; 02-07-2012 at 01:03 AM.
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #2 "Last Stand"

Sounds like fun Mike, hope we can make it out to one in the near future!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I CANT WAIT!!! Wraith is getting some changes, and tweaks, and will be ready to go!!
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:26 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Really interested in giving this a try would a near box stock wraith be capable of atleast completing tbe course? ? Don't want to get embarrassed to badly lol
chevysucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysucks View Post
Really interested in giving this a try would a near box stock wraith be capable of atleast completing tbe course? ? Don't want to get embarrassed to badly lol
Yes, Skooter ran a bone stock Wraith on a 2s Lipo at the first two Ultra 4 races. Finished the 1st race no problem. But his luck ran out at the 2nd race smoked a motor about have way through the course. So yes
Old 02-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

sweet maybe a few of us from the Price area will try to make it!!!!
chevysucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
RCP CRAWLERS

why don't you have 2 driver teams.... so that both drivers run at the same time and help one another thru tough gates and obsticales
........fastest team wins..........
I've run the hours long courses..... and you have to walk the course twice (once to spot/once to drive)...... is not fare to the first driver
becuz the second driver has already seen the course and where the gates are.
just my 2 cents
have fun and keep crawling
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
why don't you have 2 driver teams.... so that both drivers run at the same time and help one another thru tough gates and obsticales
........fastest team wins..........
I've run the hours long courses..... and you have to walk the course twice (once to spot/once to drive)...... is not fare to the first driver
becuz the second driver has already seen the course and where the gates are.
just my 2 cents
have fun and keep crawling
  1. Not everyone wants to help other drivers (especially if it's going to slow them down)
  2. Not everyone runs as a team
  3. Course is set up an hour + before the race starts so if you want to know the course show up early
  4. Second driver might know the course a bit better but also has to deal with course erosion
I could probably find more reasons but...

We've got more than a few people that have brain stormed and given their thoughts on how these events run, and if you come out you'll see that this format works incredibly well
Old 02-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #9
RCP CRAWLERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZ-T View Post
  1. Not everyone wants to help other drivers (especially if it's going to slow them down)
  2. Not everyone runs as a team
  3. Course is set up an hour + before the race starts so if you want to know the course show up early
  4. Second driver might know the course a bit better but also has to deal with course erosion
I could probably find more reasons but...

We've got more than a few people that have brain stormed and given their thoughts on how these events run, and if you come out you'll see that this format works incredibly well
....I'm just lazy and don't want to walk the course twice
it does work, Especially if Parker's there....that guy's an entertainer
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I cant wait either! My new Emeryworks buggy is going to crush the competition! I know i know a tire is mounted backwards...

tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #11
RCC Addict

wraith should be good. Motor was getting a little warm in California, so I shut it down and let it cool. gonna do a little testing, and see what happens
Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I really digg these Races I'll be there with the Honcho ...Building a truggy right now to be my Ultra 4 Racing rig
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevysucks View Post
My first Ultra4 Race I ran my 1.9 SCX10 with leafs in the rear, out at little Moab, and finished mid pack

My second Race I ran my 1.9 Honcho (at Black Rock) and finished ..not sure where in the pack I ended, I do know I got passed by a Wraith that I then passed a couple gates later and that was sweet
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Awesome time!!! Love Ultra4 Racing!!!

The rock gods love 801RCC we've been crazy lucky with the weather. I don't think you could ask for much better weather in Febuary. Course was sweet, and in typical Black Rock fashion, very hard and lots of carnage. It was good to see everyone again (that's the best part of these events) Some times I think the winter events are the best everyone huddles around the fire or heater and shoots the breeze, good times.
My rig ran awesome!! I was amazed that it held up to all the carnage (well kinda) I finished the course with all 4 axles bent pretty good and I stripped a front ring and pinion after landing a back flip off gate 98 but was still able to finish with a real good time.

Thanks everyone for coming out and for all the help with setup and clean up. See ya at the finish line.

Dog tags from last month "The Gauntlet"

Didn't take many pics but here are the ones I got

Old 02-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Random stats from the race
  • 32 entries
    6 Teams
    72% of the rigs completed the course
    28% of the rigs DNF
    2,723 gates driven
    Avg gate progress: 85.9

For the drivers that finished
  • Avg time without penalties: 33:25min
    Avg time with penalties: 58:10min
    Avg min in penalties: 25:30min
    Total number of bonus: 18
Old 02-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Scores

Team Scores

Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #17
RCC Addict

ya!! Ill take 2nd!!! You lucked out Mike!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Get some 3D glasses!!!

Great video.

Last stand rc race 2012 3D - YouTube
Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I had a freaking blast! The weather was cold and wet but it didnt stop people from showing up. The new buggy performed better than I thought it would. The tires hooked up great. I had some problems at about gate 50 but it think it was the bec wire amping out or maybe tipping over into the saltwaters had something to do with it. I had to take it easy after that bit I finished. Cant wait for st george!
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote

801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #2 "Last Stand" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chaotic Ultra4 buggy "Bad Action III" Chaotic Crawlers 2.2 Scale Rigs 113 05-23-2012 09:41 AM
801RCC 2012 Point Series Comp, Event #2 "Cupids Crawl" NaZ-T Competitions 2 02-07-2012 12:40 AM
801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Event #1 "The Gauntlet" NaZ-T Competitions 10 02-01-2012 12:18 PM
801RCC 2012 Point Series Comp, Event #1 "Frigid Funk" NaZ-T Competitions 5 01-16-2012 07:18 PM
801RCC 2011 Ultra4 R/C, Event #2 "Rock Rail Express" NaZ-T Competitions 5 12-21-2011 02:42 PM