Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: West Coast RCCrawlers 2012 King of the Mountain (Now Easter Egg Hunt)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default West Coast RCCrawlers 2012 King of the Mountain (Now Easter Egg Hunt)

KOTM 2012 Presented by WCRCC and ProlineRacing.com

We would like to officially announce the next big Scale event for all you hardcore scale guys. Originally this was going to be a King of the Mountain "Race" to the top for the title. After careful consideration and input from the majority of the members we have now decided to run it as a mellow Scale run instead. We are going to just make it a long trail to the top across and back down the mountain. No running, no racing, and no one being left out. All 1.9 and 2.2 scalers are welcome and will have an equal chance of winning. (Rock Race event WILL happen soon)
We will still have a "King" of the mountain but he will be crowned in a different way. We are going to have a good ol fashion Easter Egg Hunt. We plan to hide nearly 400 eggs along the trail. All of them will be filled with fun surprises. Some will hold instant winner prizes, some will have raffle tickets and some......well some may have chewed up bubble gum in them. In any case there will be many prizes to win and much fun to be had searching for your eggs as you enjoy a killer scale run out with your buddies. We only have one rule for the eggs in this event and that is they MUST be carried on your rig! (Please keep your rig scale as we do not want any shopping carts welded to your cage to carry more eggs). Trailers are allowed however.
As you may or may not have figured out, one egg will hold a very special prize and that will become the winner of King of the Mountain. Instead of him winning a race to be crowned King, he will simply have to find the right egg! Along with the title of King he will also receive and awesome scale package we have put together. We will be giving out more prizes at this event than any other one to date! Of course we will still have our killer raffle prize that everyone will have a chance to win also. So come on out and see if YOU are lucky enough to be this years King! (Additonal rules to follow)

Map can be found HERE

and more details on our site HERE
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: West Coast RCCrawlers 2012 King of the Mountain (Now Easter Egg Hunt)

Looking forward to this event WCRCC rocks, an if you wanna have a fun day of scaling you should come to this one forsure!!
pritch diggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Jerry's RC Garage

Default Re: West Coast RCCrawlers 2012 King of the Mountain (Now Easter Egg Hunt)

I will be there
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

AWESOME!!!!! WCRCRC puts on the best scaler events out there!!! Definately not missing this one.
001Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
RCC Addict

you guys are in for a real treat an easter egg treat at that, lol. i can tell you that there is over 50 prizes and scale goodies that will be scattered about along with a few pounds of candy. it should be alot of fun to see how and what you guys come up with to haul your eggs back to the registration table
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

hope i can make it to this one
mark reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ok so you want to see what your $1 raffle ticket will get you at the 2012 KOTM? Well here you go:

How about a Proline Jeep 2dr body? Not bad for a buck huh?

but add an L-trail scale chassis set and that would be better.

You will need some scale tires too. How about some 1.9 flat irons?

oh and to build your 2dr jeep/L-trail with flat irons your going to need a Losi Pro crawler kit.

So one of you lucky WCRCC participants is going to go home with a complete rolling chassis to build as well as whatever prizes you pull from your eggs!
We have to give a huge thanks to Uparockbob for building and supplying the prize for the 2012 "KING" of the Mountain. He built this killer cage and bumper for us and we have paired it with an Axial SCX10 chassis and Honcho cab for an epic start to your next scale build.

as we here at WCRCC like to kick it up a notch and always push the envelope of fun we are currently at 500 eggs and who knows what else we may pull out of our never ending insanity to bring you guys the most fun possible. more pics will be up soon stay tuned

Last edited by rcjunky3; 04-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
Jerry's RC Garage

The raffle prizes are just getting better. You dont want to miss out on this.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #9
Jerry's RC Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
hope i can make it to this one
If you are not there you will miss alot great fun.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
If you are not there you will miss alot great fun.

I told my wife that Jerry2575 said i would miss alot of fun, and she said
im good to go she wouldn't want me to miss any fun!!!!!!!!!!!

crap i just realized she was being sarcastic

to bad im holding her to her word, she said i could go!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

i'm so in .........i can't see the entrance anymore.
big dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #12

my trailer is bigger than yours lol
fj45lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj45lc View Post
my trailer is bigger than yours lol
but is your trailer big enough for

thats 526
Old 04-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
RCC Addict

check out what showed up in the mailbox today from MadDogRc he literally hooked up several people with his generous donation to the event drivers be on the lookout for, The Drivers Challenge brought to you By MadDogRc, thanks alot Erik :thumbs:

check out what one of our local club members, KA12NAGE, just donated to the event for the raffle table

and i also have some additional fun for a drivers challenge involving these little beauties

Last edited by rcjunky3; 04-20-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added content
Old 04-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

awesome, DIBS on the Oreo's
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

whos ready for tomorrow?? i know i am!!!
DJ1522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

It was hot, it was fun and it was great hanging out with some awesome people today.those that didn't make it out today you missed out on alot of fun.
here is the cool stuff that i won today:

Thanks alot everybody that helped put this event together!

snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #18
RCC Addict

CONGRATULATIONS to BIG DUDE for winning the 2012 KOTM and becoming the first King of The Mountain!!

I had a great time and if I could complain about one thing I would say it was too short!! I wanted it to go on for a lot longer. It sure did bring back some memories of egg hunts and made me feel like a big ol kid again. It was great to see everyone and I already cant wait to see you all at the G6 Malvado event. See everyones winnings in the thread below on the WCRCC site.

KOTM BOOTY

here is what I got away with:

Working scale Lantern
Grape soda
Thermos
Jumper cables
50lb sack of sugar
6 cans of drinks
2 cents
14 pieces of candy
4 sweet scale rocks
and my killer bag of ice!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Thanks to all the sponsors and of course to our members. Here is a quick clip of a 35 guy "TRUE" Shotgun start!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

And here is a clip of the start from a driver perspective using an in-car-cam.

And I want to know where I can get a hold of one of those working lanterns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9ezMD8LwTc
Land Crab is offline   Reply With Quote

West Coast RCCrawlers 2012 King of the Mountain (Now Easter Egg Hunt) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West coast 2012? SDS Customz Past RCCA qualifiers 70 04-24-2012 05:24 PM
West Coast RC Crawlers presents TTC #2 March 31st, 2012 Illeagle Competitions 48 04-03-2012 10:43 PM
W.Pa.C. Easter "egg" Hunt GTG April 7th Rckcrwlr Pennsylvania 10 04-03-2007 06:59 PM