Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #161
Oppan Gangnam Style

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

A big thank you to Matt and Mandy as well as everyone else who helped out making this a great day! Good to see some forgotten faces and meet some new ones, see you all soon!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #162
RCC Addict

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

What a day!!! Matt, Mandi and J that course was great, perfect balance. I herd there was a bottle next right of the bat and still not sure why thanks for another great day
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #163
Pebble Pounder

I had a blast today! Thanks to Matt & Mandi for putting on such an "epic overland adventure"!!! Also thanks to everybody who helped out, it was a great course & good time. Had to do a double check on my radio but I'm good, it's not me but awesome job Hillbilly Nation for picking it up. See all you guys at the next one.
BUTTERS_209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #164
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzx12 View Post
so how many driveshafts did james break this time sorry i had to miss this one butt im still in the byb series. chasing them points. thought i would let jrock win one see you at the next one

No drivelines this time lol

Hey now NO excuses Let me win one HA, HA HA HAAAAAAA BRING IT
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #165
Pebble Pounder

donie you missed out on a great day of crawling we had gates from hell & back literally!
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #166
Rock Stacker

Thank you Matt, Mandy and everyone else that helped put on a great event. The driving was real and very fun; I especially liked the rail slide @ 113. Thank you Axial for supporting us, and thanks to my team mate DRIVNMF for a good time out on the trails. It was nice to see everyone clean up the trash and their stuff at the end and to be part of a group that continues to care!
Thom K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #167
Rock Crawler

Bummed i missed this too,but i had a great day @ the BYB's.So did JRock take it today?
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #168
Rock Crawler

Cool Re: RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA

Thanks for all the work M&M and JRock for setting the course and taking aim at them Rattlers! The Red Hills Serpentine Loop was sick! I thought a few times I was ripping through the Hammers till I noticed all the giant people walking around. Another A+ event in my books
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #169
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-FAB NOR-CAL View Post
Bummed i missed this too,but i had a great day @ the BYB's.So did JRock take it today?
Yup JRock & Finishline took 1st . Hopefully we'll see you at the next one, by the way Team L.E.R.K. is having a comp next Sunday at the same spot, scalers and minis if you can make it.
BUTTERS_209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #170
Rock Crawler

Found the owner of the radio.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Great comp I had a blast thx to everyone who did a fantastic job. After a year of letting my truck sit on the shelf I'm glad I can still come out and have a blast with u guys. It's the people who make this hobby so great. No let's see those awsome pics and videos guys!
punkuup5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #172
Rock Stacker

Great event guys! The terrain out there is a lot of fun. We definitely enjoyed the canyons.
maberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #173
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren W. View Post
Yup JRock & Finishline took 1st . Hopefully we'll see you at the next one, by the way Team L.E.R.K. is having a comp next Sunday at the same spot, scalers and minis if you can make it.
Dang i think we're going to the NCVRCC comp.

Way to do work LERK!

Last edited by J-FAB NOR-CAL; 04-30-2012 at 02:17 PM.
J-FAB NOR-CAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Way to do work LERK!
That's what we call LERKING it out!
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Awesome location guys! Can't wait to see the pics that everyone comes up with!

Here's the coolest rc fab I saw yesterday:
Attached Images

Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #176
Quarry Creeper

must be deans mog that thing is a beast! i haven't seen a rig yet come from his hands that didn't have some serious hand crafted bling on it somewhere.
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:03 AM   #177
Rock Stacker

Here's a link to some pics - it's a bit heavy on our team (Team Rockdogs - 777). It has some scenery, Propane, Blue Bastard and the 73 Bronco (sorry, brain-fart on the name...)

RCOTC-ChineseCamp pictures by Brad_Maberto - Photobucket
maberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #178
RCC Addict

Yup chino's mog with the custom 1 off steering box and check the box protection off the bumper

Now for some clear dirt

And the starting line up is.......

Last edited by halfcab; 05-01-2012 at 01:41 AM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #179
Rock Crawler

First off I would like to thank all of our season sponsors who's continued support keeps the scaler bug alive and progressing. I would also like to thank Jason, Rob, Mike, Mike, Jerry and Mandi for all your hard work and support as well as all of our competitors / friends.

MadDog RC, RC Rock Armor, Kling-On RC, Gold Country Hobbies, BPC, PLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER View Post
Today's event was AWESOME!!
Aside from popping the inner bead of my front tire, everything went well... And for the first I can say that I didn't break anything!!

Thanks to Matt and Mandy as well as JRock from Team LERK for setting up the course today... It was SICK!!

Lookin forward to round #4

Rene, thanks for being there and teaming up with Adam. It's always good to see you and I'm glad you had fun.

We could not have done it with out Jason's help....

You and Noodle going to run as a team again ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
Had a blast today thanks mat and mandy for putting it on and every one that helped to make it a great series.
ALSO SOME ONE LEFT A RADIO THERE describe it to me to claim via pm.
Jerry, thanks for taking care of that radio, I'm sure someone is happy not to lose that... Great to see you, as usual.. Goodtimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
Your right that was a fun time out on the rocks and with great friends Big thanks too Matt and Mandi for all your hard work and keeping this hobby we love so much going strong, YOU GUY'S ROCK. Also a big thanks to the sponsors and everyone else who helped out

Nice Jerry, Your a great guy for grabbing that and i'm sure someone well realize they don't have it soon
We are just having fun with all the people we enjoy hanging out with and we could not have pulled this last event off with out your help.. Thank you...again Jason... you rock. Congrats on the 1st place finish.

When you get your Kling On rack set up, post a photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usslandlocked View Post
thanks matt & to all that helped out had a kick a$$ time! congrats to all the winners & to all that ran red hills is always a blast
Quote:
Originally Posted by usslandlocked View Post
if you missed jerrys post someone left there radio at red hills pm jerry or me describe it & we will get it back to you
Thanks for making the trip out Mike, it was good seeing you. Congrats on the 3rd place finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoodle View Post
Had a great time today, thanks Matt and Mandy for putting on such a great event. I will coming to more of these events in the future for sure.
No problem, all season long.. I got some good footage of team 209... We hope you make it out again, if not we will see you at the L.E.R.K event on May 6th @ RED HILLS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino63 View Post
A big thank you to Matt and Mandy as well as everyone else who helped out making this a great day! Good to see some forgotten faces and meet some new ones, see you all soon!
Dean, thanks for making it out there and congrats on the 2nd place finish. Also would like to thank you and Erik of MadDog RC for all the great product donations in support of our competitors and the RCOTC. High precision quality, trail proven gear built by scalers for scalers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
What a day!!! Matt, Mandi and J that course was great, perfect balance. I herd there was a bottle next right of the bat and still not sure why thanks for another great day
James, you and JRock killed it. 118 TM / 1hr 6min adj time.. Hope your boy is feeling better and congrats on the 1st place finish..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren W. View Post
I had a blast today! Thanks to Matt & Mandi for putting on such an "epic overland adventure"!!! Also thanks to everybody who helped out, it was a great course & good time. Had to do a double check on my radio but I'm good, it's not me but awesome job Hillbilly Nation for picking it up. See all you guys at the next one.
Darren, good job on the 4th place finish. We had a good time also...Glad you had fun on the course, all positive feed back on the course is always a good thing. Hope to see you and Eric out at the next one or at the LERK comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom K View Post
Thank you Matt, Mandy and everyone else that helped put on a great event. The driving was real and very fun; I especially liked the rail slide @ 113. Thank you Axial for supporting us, and thanks to my team mate DRIVNMF for a good time out on the trails. It was nice to see everyone clean up the trash and their stuff at the end and to be part of a group that continues to care!
Thom, what can I say.. It would not be the same with out you and Parker showing up. Thanks for making the long trip out, heard you guys ran into a bunch of closed hwys and slow drivenmf's. Thanks for the support and participation.

The rail slide was courtesy of JRock and team LERK.

Quote:
You and Tim were missed.. Sorry about the crossed up dates with the BYB event. You guys going to be out at the LERK comp this weekend ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
Found the owner of the radio.
Thanks Jerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkuup5150 View Post
Great comp I had a blast thx to everyone who did a fantastic job. After a year of letting my truck sit on the shelf I'm glad I can still come out and have a blast with u guys. It's the people who make this hobby so great. No let's see those awsome pics and videos guys!
Thats cool this was your first scaler event this year. Thanks for making it out there and I have some good footage that is already edited and in production. I'll have it posted up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maberto View Post
Great event guys! The terrain out there is a lot of fun. We definitely enjoyed the canyons.
Red Hills is awesome..Endless terrain.. Thanks for the photos and it was good seeing you out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Thanks for all the work M&M and JRock for setting the course and taking aim at them Rattlers! The Red Hills Serpentine Loop was sick! I thought a few times I was ripping through the Hammers till I noticed all the giant people walking around. Another A+ event in my books
Kling On, another A+ product sponsor of the RCOTC. George, you are completely addicted to scale RC... All the way down from Redding, every time. Thanks for your continued participation and new support of our competitors and this event with another high quality RC product built by scalers for scalers.

For those who were not there, 1st place team took home 2 / 1.9 Kling-On RC Racks.

It's always good seeing you, glad you had fun.

Thanks George.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 05-01-2012 at 07:14 PM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #180
Rock Crawler

I will get the times and season standings up tonight and possibly the video.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Overland Team Challenge Comp #3 March 18, 2012 Lake Amador fvrr Competitions 86 04-05-2012 07:00 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge Comp #2 February 19, 2012 Lake Amador fvrr Competitions 202 03-13-2012 03:13 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge 1/15/2012 Folsom CA dx-dow Scale Videos! 7 01-22-2012 10:15 AM
Nor-Cal Fall Comp Series - Event #3 - Hollister Hills camp & comp. Oct 28/29 badger Competitions 15 11-02-2006 12:12 PM