Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: WARCRC August comps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default WARCRC August comps

well as most of you know who compete I will be holding 2 comps in August to make up for skipping July.

the dates will be the 12th and the 26th

Des Miones State beach Park
take Des Moines/Kent exit and head toward Des Moinse/Puget Sound

here is a map location http://www.desmoinesmail.com/WebPDF/...ps/MPParks.pdf

time will be sign ups at 9:00am and rigs out at 10:00am

Last edited by DUDE; 07-16-2006 at 06:57 AM.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE
to make up for skipping July.
Or get get some practice in for the *** whooping in September
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
Or get get some practice in for the *** whooping in September

should be fun!!!!!!!!

I do need to practice more.

Last edited by DUDE; 07-16-2006 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Des Moines is awesome, I drove by it like acouple weeks ago!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Just a reminder on WARCRC August comps, 2 will be held this month.

There sounds like a bunch of new guys showing up, the RC crawling comps seem to be really taking off now around here in western WA.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:03 PM   #6

I'm going for sure, bringing my Clod Stick with cut and shut Kong Tires
Codeman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i was just wondering what are the class rules?

i know when the meets started it was goign to be run what you brung. but was wonder if there are trues classes going on now? i had searched the other site, and found no mention of class specs.

i run a tlt, with masher 2ks, 12 3/4inch WB, 4ws.
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:28 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbeck
i was just wondering what are the class rules?

i know when the meets started it was goign to be run what you brung. but was wonder if there are trues classes going on now? i had searched the other site, and found no mention of class specs.

i run a tlt, with masher 2ks, 12 3/4inch WB, 4ws.
same as Oregon's rules for now, no 4 wheel steer on 2.2, has to be mechanically locked. I will be handing out rule sheets at the comp.

Don't sweat it, it's pretty laid back.

Vehicle Requirements for 2006

Super Unlimited Class

• No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height.
• No limits on tire type or size.
• Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
• No axle limitations
• You must run a body (full tube chassis with body panels is acceptable).
• No limits to steering configuration, Four wheel steering recommend.

2.2 Unlimited Class

• No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height.
• Limited to 2.2 inch wheels and tires. (ANY 2.2" tire is ok)
• Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
• No axle limitations
• You must run a body (full tube chassis is acceptable).
• Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only. (rear must be mechanically locked)

Super Unlimited Class & 2.2 Unlimited Class Rules

Course Design

• Gates Markers should be made from tennis ball halves.
• Gates Markers should be placed a minimum of 20 inches apart.
• (3-10) Gates per Course.
• (1-3) Courses per Event.
• A pre determined Time limit will be for each course, typically 1 minute for each gate keeps thing moving quickly and fun.
• Optional Bonus Gates (up to +100 points) award progress points against the total score if the driver is successful in clearing these gates. Bonus Gates may have special rules and will be determined by the judge at the time of the event.

Penalties Points

Stopping / Reverse: no penalty points. You may stop and/or reverse as much as you want.

Repair: no penalty points. You may only touch the vehicle for basic repairs that don’t require the vehicle to be pickup. Tools are okay to use. If the vehicle is pickup then its considered a Recovery.

Gate Marker: (-10) penalty points. Touching, knocking over, moving a gate marker with ANY part of the RC is -10 penalty points. Once a gate marker has been touched, no more penalty points will be given for that gate marker. If the gate marker is moved, it must be repositioned immediately if the vehicle hasn’t cleared that gate.

Recovery: (-10) penalty points are given when a vehicle rolls over and cannot be corrected without touching. The driver repositions the vehicle back on the course without making forward progress or lateral movement from the vehicle previous path. Check with the judge if you are unsure. Vehicles that land back on their wheels (or are driven back on their wheels) are not penalized

Reposition: (-40) penalty points. A Reposition is when the vehicle is placed back on the course forward or lateral of where the vehicle has been. This may be only a few inches or tens of feet. You may reposition up to the next gate. If the any part of the RC breaks the plane of the next gate, then its considered a Gate Bypass.

Gate Bypass: (-40) penalty points. A Gate Bypass is when the vehicle is repositioned for forward progression into or beyond the next gate. The rear tires can not be repositioned more than one wheelbase beyond that gate. No progress points can be award since the vehicle did not drive through the gate.

Progress Points

Gate Points. (+10) progress points for each tire of the vehicle that clears that gate without touching a gate marker.

Examples of cleared gates:

(4) tires through the gate (+40) and nothing touches the gate markers = +40 points
(4) tires through the gate (+40) and the body touches (1) gate marker (-10) = +30 points
(3) tires through the gate (+30) and (1) tire touches (1) gate marker (-10) = +20 points
(2) tires through the gate (+20) and right side tire touches (1) gate marker (-10) = +10 points
(1) tire through the gate (+10) and nothing touches the gate markers = +10 points
(1) tire through the gate (+10) and the axle touches (1) gate marker (-10) = 0 points
(1) tire touches left gate marker (-10), (2) tires go through the gate, (1) tire touches right gate marker (-10) = 0 points

You can not drive around the gate and back up through the gate and drive back forward to clear that gate. You must drive through the gate in the intended course flow to get the points.

You may not clear the gate with the right side tires, reverse through the gate completely (or drive around) and clear the left side tires by driving the vehicle back through the gate in the intended direction.

You MUST clear at least one tire through the gate without that tire touching either gate marker before you can proceed to the next gate. If the driver/vehicle can not do this consider it a Gate bypass. Note your tires don't have to be on the ground, so you can float a tire over a gate marker and its still be considered a completed gate.

The starting gate is worth no progress points, its merely the starting point. However the last gate is worth progress points. Although all the gate markers are live.

General Event Rules

Highest total score wins. The quickest time is used for tie breakers. In the event the time is the same, the driver to drive the course first will be the winner.

Scoring and time starts as the Vehicle brakes the plane of the first gate of the course. Scoring and time stops when all of the Vehicle breaks the plane of the last gate of that course. The starting gate is worth no points, its merely the starting point. However the last gate is worth points. If the driver fails to complete a section within the specified time frame, the driver will be assessed a DNF for the time.

No pre-running the courses. Drivers that pre-run any part of a course will receive a DNF for that course.

Starting order will be a random draw for the first course. The running order of subsequent courses will be reverse order of the previous course.

Winching or ramping or stacking of any kind is not allowed.

The vehicle must finish a course with the same wheelbase, track width, ride height, and tires it started that course with.

Vehicles cannot be exchanged for another vehicle during the competition.

Drivers may make changes to wheelbase, track width, ride height, and tires between course runs.

Last edited by DUDE; 08-01-2006 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Dude I hope to come to the August 12th comp with my new XRC.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:20 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMGontheRocks
Dude I hope to come to the August 12th comp with my new XRC.
I hope you do to, I want to check that thing out.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 PM   #11
RCC Addict

It is pretty awesome. So light and the Derlin Links are top notch.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

i will try to make the comp on the 12th, but like i said before in NWWHEELERS forum i would like to try a new area.......
toomanyrcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

well it looks like if i show on the 12th it will be to watch. i have ran my truck the same way(with slight adjustments), and have found a few issues. trying to get my parts ordered and in early next weeek so i can get it finished up.
ronbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #14
RCC Addict

We have 1 more comp in August for WA state, come one come all!!

Date, August 26th, see above posts in this thread for details.

I B RACIN will be posting up comps for Sept and possibly a new location.