Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Competition Series - Event #6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #21

Hey guy's I'm from Portland, Or and am going to be in your area this weekend and was wondering if you'll allow a ORCRC guy to run in your event.

Cary
chbanshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #22
Im Brandon

Hell ya that would be awesome! Hope to see ya there
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbanshee
Hey guy's I'm from Portland, Or and am going to be in your area this weekend and was wondering if you'll allow a ORCRC guy to run in your event.

Cary
We would be deeply offended if you didn't. I will PM you my contact information if you have any questions or need a ride over there.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #24
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:

Cary
We welcome people from all over. In fact we are very outsider friendly because we have a -10 point handicap system in place so the outsiders have a chance at not coming in last place.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #25

That's sweet but I don't need a handicap I'll run my junk with you guy's I'm not really there for points just like to kick it with other crawlers and see if you can keep up with the guys up north. Have to have alittle smack talk. You guy's might learn a thing or 2 about driving
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
We welcome people from all over. In fact we are very outsider friendly because we have a -10 point handicap system in place so the outsiders have a chance at not coming in last place.

Yeah, we give Badger a -10 point handicap all the time, but for him it really seems to make no difference. He just loves that last place position. ..... or was that a different "position"?

Speaking of that, watch out for Badger. Never let him get behind you or pick up a bar of soap if he asks you too. Just some helpful outsider advice

-Sam
Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's sweet but I don't need a handicap I'll run my junk with you guy's I'm not really there for points just like to kick it with other crawlers and see if you can keep up with the guys up north. Have to have alittle smack talk. You guy's might learn a thing or 2 about driving
Keep up with the guys up north? Don't you guys all run Nylints or something? If I need to learn how to change out 10 AA Duracell batteries from a crawler, I know exactly who to talk to buddy.

-Sam
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

wll after selling brandon a tlt kit i went to dmv and i failed my permmit test :(!!!

im working really hard on the hilux chassis tlt to get the whelbase shorter and and my ds porblem im having but i would be glad to do again

thanks all hope to see you guys their and as badger so puts it IM brandons bitch!!
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #29

Well your all in luck because i happen to be the fastest AA battery changer in the NW. My getto fabbed NYLINT is going to crawl all over your TOYS R US 1:24th trucks.

I just hope you guys have some good gravel roads with rocks bigger than pebbles or this will be no fun for me
Old 07-28-2006, 08:50 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Good news for all those that have been dieing in the heat. Here's the forecast for Pescadero. Oddly, it's very similar to that of the Bay Area as well, but a little cooler. 63 degrees!! I think I am going to break out my winter gear again

Forecast for Pescadero, California: Dated: 400 AM PDT FRI JUL 28 2006

Sunday 30 Jul 06
Fog Patchy
Lo: 53°F Hi: 63°F

-Sam

Last edited by SlinkySam; 07-28-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #31
Im Brandon

Man I cant wait! Now all I need to do is get the truck ready, just going to pull a sam and stay up all night sat
Old 07-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #32

I'm bringing out the BBQ guys. I will also be bringing a tri-tip roast and some home made potato salad to celebrate my first place victory.

Last edited by badger; 07-29-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #33
Im Brandon

Any supers going to be out there this time? My LHS owner is pretty sure he is going to come with me and he is bringing his clod
Old 07-28-2006, 06:03 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm bringing out the BBQ guys. I will also be bringing a tri-tip roast and some hot dogs to celebrate my first place victory.
Finally!! Geeeeeze it took you long enough to try and get a win. I have been sandbagging my scores just to get you close so that I don't blow you away all the time. I was getting bored waiting up for you.

Oh and whoever ordered the winner trophy, my last name is spelled "Silveira" not "rigged" Ok, maybe crawler is "Rigged" most of the time, but that is still not my last name.

-Sam
Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
Any supers going to be out there this time? My LHS owner is pretty sure he is going to come with me and he is bringing his clod
I'll be competing in the Super class. Just not with my regular super.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

OK I am gona add to the dog fest, so I am not hungry. Hard on the gut and I was in pain for three days after the bean last time.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #37

OK guys, I just picked up 2 pre marinated Tri-tip roasts (5lbs. total, $40) at Key Market and I am also bringing some home made potato salad enough for everyone.

So DON'T pack a lunch! Unless you are gay and don't like BBQ'ed Tri-tip.

If someone wants tri-tip sandwhiches then bring some bread.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Nor-Cal Comp #6 7/30/06

Yes, finished dialling in my rigs before midnight Might even get a good night sleep before the comp this time

Here is a pic of my rigs ready to dominate

51504rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:45 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Well I just got back from the wedding and just before midnight. Time to rebuild Slinky. Here are my list of repairs I know of at this point:
- Steering Servo has a hard rotating spot in it. Needs to be replaced.
- Differentials need to be rebuilt/replaced
- Axle-Cs need to be cut off and the new Fat-Rock Cs installed
- Tranny needs to be lubed
- Batteries need charging
- Shocks need to be rebuilt (oiled up). Opened them up and there was nothing in them. OH what a shock!
- Body needs some new tape. The hood is now torn from grill to windshield.

I think that is it actually. Shouldn't take me more than 3 or 4 hours to do it all. See you in the morning.

-Sam

P.S. can someone wake me in case I don't hear the alarm clock
Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
So DON'T pack a lunch! Unless you are gay and don't like BBQ'ed Tri-tip.
I am Gay, but I like Tri-tip and won't pack a lunch so stop stereotyping Badger. It's not nice. YOu fag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504rock
Yes, finished dialling in my rigs before midnight Might even get a good night sleep before the comp this time
Damn, if you are done already, you need to come by and help me rebuild mine. And if you can make it look as nice as yours, that would be great too.

Oh hey, we just did a wedding at that rocky waterfall over in Danville. I was wishing I had my crawler with me, but it would have been weird to have a bride and groom yell at me for playing with my crawler during their photoshoot. Well, weird for them anyway. I would have been having a good time.

-Sam

Last edited by SlinkySam; 07-30-2006 at 12:50 AM.