Originally Posted by kickback_crawler
I'll be there
With steel toe boots on?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:41 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam

Oh hey, we just did a wedding at that rocky waterfall over in Danville. I was wishing I had my crawler with me, but it would have been weird to have a bride and groom yell at me for playing with my crawler during their photoshoot.

-Sam
Is this the one off bollinger canyon road? If so that place is the **** I have done quite a bit of late night gorilla crawling there.
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:43 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Dang I had fun today can not wait to see the results.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:44 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
Dang I had fun today can not wait to see the results.
Damn, I am still recovering from the day even now as we speak.

I didn't get much sleep the night before the event and then standing out in that sun really destroyed me. I actually had to leave the Bean early because of it. I was totally wasted. I went out with Lucie to have dinner and did everything I could to not pass out in the booth. Once I got home I fell asleep on the couch until about 3 in the morning where I moved to the bed. I feel like **** today. If this is what getting old is like, count me out.

I will try and head home at lunch to put up the scores. It was a great showing and the courses were fun. I can't get over the bridges that Dean made. They really were a challenge and proved to be a point killer on that 2nd wobble bridge.

Thanks again to everyone that showed. I must now return to my sun burn wound licking.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:05 AM   #46
Im Brandon

Yes I cant agree more, it was a great time. The sun was a killer though did not want to get out of bed for work this morning.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
Yes I cant agree more, it was a great time. The sun was a killer though did not want to get out of bed for work this morning.
It was fun. Dean, Dustin, George, and myself were out there till the sun set. We got on the road home around 8:30. It sucked having to be at work at 4:00 this morning.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

I guess that we are not used to that much sun with out sweting to death. I had to leave early becuse Jose was too tired to sit on the rocks and play with his truck. Did not feel it untill about 8:30PM then I realy went down hill. Had a good night sleep though.:-)
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:15 PM   #49
RCC Addict

It was good times!! Yeah that 2nd Bridge KILLED my run, oh well, should pulled a Sam!!

Now, I just need to strip my axels down and find out what broke in the super.....and then finish my scale chassis for the TLT!!

Next seasons gonna be fun!!
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:06 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Ok, a quick glance and tally by hand got me these numbers. I will have the official scores up when I have access to the spreadsheet. Also, if anyone wants the season spreadsheet in Excel form, let me know and I can make that available.

I don't have the season finishing points tallied, but will have that later also.

Scale 2.2
1 Sam 30
2 Dean 49
3 John 85
4 Dustin 89
5 Richard 101
6 Brandon 105
7 CaryORC 115
8 Bernie 116
9 Jose 120
9 Todd 120
9 Marcus 120

Advanced 2.2
1 Daniel 52
2 Randy 56
3 Dean 64
4 Richard 85
5 Mike 97
6 Dustin 120
7 CaryORC 130

Super
1 Daniel 44
2 Dustin 64
3 Ant 99
4 Dean 109
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #51
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Congrats to Sam for pulling away with another win! Damn he just makes it look to easy! And congrats to Daniel for pulling a win in both the Advanced 2.2 and Super class.

I had a great time, the courses were extremely fun and challenging. Love the bridges Dean!

Thanks to Brandon and those who grabed my camera and took pics when I was busy with the Q or competing.

I uploaded the pics to Nor-Calrcrc.com.

Click here to go to the gallery of 175 pics.

Click here for a slide show of the 175 pics.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:17 PM   #52
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger

Thanks to Brandon and those who grabed my camera and took pics when I was busy with the Q or competing.
No problem man, I freakin love your camera
Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
No problem man, I freakin love your camera
That camera was worth every penny! A fast camera makes it so much more enjoyable to take pics.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:31 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

for my truck the first time on rocks it did surprisingly well except before i took the rear tire and bumper off it killed me on the first corse and the 45 lathe didnt help either

broken out drive stripped a pinion and some scrapes and sunburn later it was well woth it

all though on the way home i fell asleep most the time and brandon was laghing at me

but my truck did great on the trail ride i was following dean and same and badger most of the time threw evrything

and the orcrc boy had a nice truck with the lifting of the rear it was a change in pace that for sure

and thanks to dean and i think it was half cab for the pointers on getting my truck to perform way better see you all next time
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:05 PM   #55
RCC Addict

glad to help, chino is the hilux/bruisesr guru tho, he will help you get it working as good as it possibly can, I will just throw out insane ideas from the penut gallery that will probably make it work worse............by the way, Brandon, body looks killer all stickered up and mounted on the minge/bruiser, the wiff lost the camera, gonna have to wait for pics

Last edited by halfcab; 07-31-2006 at 08:11 PM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab
glad to help, chino is the hilux/bruisesr guru tho, he will help you get it working as good as it possibly can.

That is definately true, Dean is the bruiser man, he can make any bruiser preform miracles, he re-made and re-worked mine for me and it is awesome. Great pics guys, looks like the Bean was good to all of you. Dean, great job on the wood bridges, and tough course layout, looks like they were some very tough obstacle's! Sam , congrats, but really? was anyone surprised? You are bound to be at the top of the list at nat's.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:52 PM   #57
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc
for my truck the first time on rocks it did surprisingly well except before i took the rear tire and bumper off it killed me on the first corse and the 45 lathe didnt help either

broken out drive stripped a pinion and some scrapes and sunburn later it was well woth it

all though on the way home i fell asleep most the time and brandon was laghing at me

but my truck did great on the trail ride i was following dean and same and badger most of the time threw evrything

and the orcrc boy had a nice truck with the lifting of the rear it was a change in pace that for sure

and thanks to dean and i think it was half cab for the pointers on getting my truck to perform way better see you all next time
Yeah because you kept scaring yourself as you woke up, it was freakin hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab
glad to help, chino is the hilux/bruisesr guru tho, he will help you get it working as good as it possibly can, I will just throw out insane ideas from the penut gallery that will probably make it work worse............by the way, Brandon, body looks killer all stickered up and mounted on the minge/bruiser, the wiff lost the camera, gonna have to wait for pics
Sweet cant wait to see it man
Old 08-01-2006, 12:32 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
That camera was worth every penny! A fast camera makes it so much more enjoyable to take pics.
Speaking of pics, while I was using your camera also, George(?) and I managed to get another 190 pics with my DSC t-9 that came out great....but nowhere to post them.....ideas badger?
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:27 AM   #59
RCC Addict

k5, sign up on the nor-calrcrc and put them up over there, badger can set you up , by the way, a kid at work has a line on a set of 60's for about $900, but they are out of a dodge but then again 60's are 60's and that is a f/r set 9 bills for the pair
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoK5
Speaking of pics, while I was using your camera also, George(?) and I managed to get another 190 pics with my DSC t-9 that came out great....but nowhere to post them.....ideas badger?
I just created your "PaloAltoK5" account on the Nor-Cal gallery site. You should receive an email with instuctions on how to change your passwd.

Before you upload your pics, please go through them and delete any poor shots and then web optimize the pics to save on disk space and bandwidth.

I create a album for the event in the "Nor-CalRCRC Crawling Pictures" area. You will be able to upload your pics to the event that you took the pics at.

Thanks.

Last edited by badger; 08-01-2006 at 09:39 AM.