Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock

Team Axial has made it home from rnd 4 & talk about saving the best for last. I can't do this location justice with my limited vocabulary, but I will say if you was not there, you missed a slice of driving heaven. 169 trail markers of pure granite bliss with just a shot of clear dirt.

Thank you Matt & Mandy & everyone else who helped set up or participated in the RCOTC. I have had a blast driving in each one & getting to share drive time with some of Nor-Cals best drivers.

Thank you to my Team Axial Teammate, ThomK. I look forward to our next event & when it comes to team work, we have set some standards.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock

Just got home after a slight detour to a family BBQ... All I can say is WOW!!!
the terrain here was second to none without a doubt! Thanks to Matt & Mandy for setting up such a killer course. I'd also like to thank Jason (JRock) for setting up the Team LERK mini comp afterwards... You guys definitely got me hooked!!

My teammate and I haven't driven together for over two months so We didn't do as well as we hoped to...... BUT WE FINISHED!

I'm looking forward to the next round and hope to see everyone there.

BTW... thanks to Captain Axial (Parker) and his teammate ThomK for making the trek down beautiful Hwy 4 to show support for the RCOTC group, it's always a pleasure to see you guys!
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Sorry I missed this one guys, no vehicle or ride = stuck at home! Hoped everyone had a good time. How many more events are there?
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
Sorry I missed this one guys, no vehicle or ride = stuck at home! Hoped everyone had a good time. How many more events are there?
James I'm really sorry that you weren't able to make it for this event. It was definitely tons of fun (considering all the damn granite).
If I'm not mistaken, there will be two more events... But I could be wrong so hopefully someone else can confirm that.

Hope to see you at the next event!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

all i can say is wow what a day my hats off to all that made this happen & to those that drove so far from home to one of the most incredible places to craw period definitely worth the drive
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

Thanks to Matt, Mandy, and crew... What an awesome location and challenging trails that were realistic to drive and enjoy. Hope to do more in the future.
Thom K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:42 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:

2 more events everyone Man i've been crawlin at Utica for a loooong time and still 169 gates of pure fun that well never get old.

Want to give a huge thank you to Matt and Mandi for putting all the hard work into one of the funnest events to date for sure, You guy's rock

Also it was nice to get to hang out with great friends do some camping and doin work at the RCOTC Oh also it was great to see and hang out with our crawler family Brian P and Thom K that came out from over the hill, Nevada that is

Last edited by JRock; 06-04-2012 at 11:38 PM.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

thank you matt & mand for putting on a great rcotc, it was off the hook,and it was great to be with and camp with great friends,also it was great to comp and hang with you brian p. and nice to meet you thom k,
jerrys800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #49
Pebble Pounder

I had a blast this weekend, thanks to everybody that made this event happen, Matt, Mandi, JRock, Mike, Jerry... basically everyone! That area is SICK, the course was SICK and Gixxer and I had hella fun playing leapfrog with Team Axial on course! Hope to see you all at the next event!
BUTTERS_209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Thank you M&M for takeing the time to put this on every month,I had a great time crawling with old & new freinds,Parker,Thom K always a ray of sunshine when you come to the comp.LYNN LYNN LYNN Up till midnite cooking tritip and chili MMMMMMMMMM.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

That spot is sick
GIXXERSTUNTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Team Axial has made it home from rnd 4 & talk about saving the best for last. I can't do this location justice with my limited vocabulary, but I will say if you was not there, you missed a slice of driving heaven. 169 trail markers of pure granite bliss with just a shot of clear dirt.

Thank you Matt & Mandy & everyone else who helped set up or participated in the RCOTC. I have had a blast driving in each one & getting to share drive time with some of Nor-Cals best drivers.

Thank you to my Team Axial Teammate, ThomK. I look forward to our next event & when it comes to team work, we have set some standards.
Parker, you are a DRIVNMF'er.. Thank you for showing support and choosing to spend what little time you have hanging out with all of us and getting your drive time in with the RCOTC. Congrats on the finish Team 775.

We all are looking forward to Axialfest, Cantina for the Con, and what ever else happens in between. Thanks for keeping us and the whole scale scene on our toes with endless G6 fun and innovation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
That looks like an awesome spot, good luck drivers.
Bill...it's been a while...Hope to see you down this way some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER View Post
Just got home after a slight detour to a family BBQ... All I can say is WOW!!!
the terrain here was second to none without a doubt! Thanks to Matt & Mandy for setting up such a killer course. I'd also like to thank Jason (JRock) for setting up the Team LERK mini comp afterwards... You guys definitely got me hooked!!

My teammate and I haven't driven together for over two months so We didn't do as well as we hoped to...... BUT WE FINISHED!

I'm looking forward to the next round and hope to see everyone there.

BTW... thanks to Captain Axial (Parker) and his teammate ThomK for making the trek down beautiful Hwy 4 to show support for the RCOTC group, it's always a pleasure to see you guys!
Team 209 thanks for putting in the time, gas money, and solid support for this event and crew. We really do appreciate it and had fun hanging out.. Glad you guys got some solid drive time in..

I think you might have the mini fever after this one...

See you at the next one.

Quote:
1 more event and then the season final for the top 10 teams and 3 LCQ spots. Hope things get easier and you get your car back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usslandlocked View Post
all i can say is wow what a day my hats off to all that made this happen & to those that drove so far from home to one of the most incredible places to craw period definitely worth the drive
Mike...Thank you very much for all your help with putting up all the signs and holding down the fort.. We had a great time hanging out and camping, and that spot has endless terrain that was perfect for this event.. Look forward to more good times..

Team 668 had some breakage early on, twice, but they still finished and got all their progression points.. Good finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom K View Post
Thanks to Matt, Mandy, and crew... What an awesome location and challenging trails that were realistic to drive and enjoy. Hope to do more in the future.
Thom, you and Parker were putting on a show of how team work is done in this event.. Quick recoveries, smart lines, tow straps, sand ramps. You guys used your recovery arsenal and finished strong.. Thanks for all the solid support and feed back for this event and we look forward to hanging out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock View Post
2 more events everyone Man i've been crawlin at Utica for a loooong time and still 169 gates of pure fun that well never get old.

Want to give a huge thank you to Matt and Mandi for putting all the hard work into one of the funnest events to date for sure, You guy's rock

Also it was nice to get to hang out with great friends do some camping and doin work at the RCOTC Oh also it was great to see and hang out with our crawler family Brian P and Thom K that came out from over the hill, Nevada that is
Pat yourself on the back J, cause you helped make the last two events run smooth with all your help, as well as shared a second location with all of us. Thank you for bringing out the Tonka and putting on the super fun mini comp, that was almost way to much fun for one day. We had a great time hanging out and look forward to the next camping trip.

Congrats on another first place finish, you and Jerry put on another "how it's done" session of team work, smart line choices, and thinking ahead... Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys800 View Post
thank you matt & mand for putting on a great rcotc, it was off the hook,and it was great to be with and camp with great friends,also it was great to comp and hang with you brian p. and nice to meet you thom k,
Jerry, glad you made it to your first RCOTC.. We had a great time hanging out and look forward to more good times.

Congrats on the first place finish with JRock.. Great team work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERS_209 View Post
I had a blast this weekend, thanks to everybody that made this event happen, Matt, Mandi, JRock, Mike, Jerry... basically everyone! That area is SICK, the course was SICK and Gixxer and I had hella fun playing leapfrog with Team Axial on course! Hope to see you all at the next event!
Butters.... We had fun hanging out around camp all weekend with you guys. You and Eric are a solid part of this group and we thank you for all the support. Looking forward to that mini comp video, it will show me what needs tuning.. Thank your sister from all of us for the excellent chilli..

Congrats on the second place finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
Thank you M&M for takeing the time to put this on every month,I had a great time crawling with old & new freinds,Parker,Thom K always a ray of sunshine when you come to the comp.LYNN LYNN LYNN Up till midnite cooking tritip and chili MMMMMMMMMM.

Jerry, thank you for helping out with the signs and holding down the fort with Mike. We always enjoy your company and appreciate all your support.. Glad you made it out, we had fun hanging out around the fire.

LYNN we need to convince her to be our camp chef, what a cool, out going person.. She and Eric were taking care of the whole camp with super good food all week end long.. Any one not there, missed out... Tri tip, chicken, hot dogs.. That was sooo good.. I hope she had just as much fun camping and hanging out ..

Last edited by DORK VADER; 06-05-2012 at 10:41 AM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Matt, you're absolutely right about the "Mini fever"... I'm working on a deal right now to pick up two (2) Mini Pros... Wish me luck!

That was my first time ever driving a Mini in a comp and honestly I may have actually had more fun doing that than running the RCOTC course... It was awesome!

Can't wait for the next one!
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER View Post
Matt, you're absolutely right about the "Mini fever"... I'm working on a deal right now to pick up two (2) Mini Pros... Wish me luck!

That was my first time ever driving a Mini in a comp and honestly I may have actually had more fun doing that than running the RCOTC course... It was awesome!

Can't wait for the next one!
If you liked the mini style of comp, than you would probably really like the LERK comps... If you have not already been to one.

Good luck with the mini hunt..
Old 06-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

RCOTC EVENT 4

Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #56
Pebble Pounder

sweet vid matt
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #57
RCC Addict

What a grrrreat video Matt and Mandi, Your hard work pays off again I really liked seeing my bronco smoking before I even hit the mud pit lol

SMOKE EM IF YOU GOT EM Well one motor, one spring to my shock and a winch controller done for and that can only mean one thing, I HAD FUN DOING IT
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Right on, glad you guys had fun and enjoyed the video, I know we did.

Mandi did a great job filming this one..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Let me see if I understand this, you DON'T have to keep the SAME 2 drivers as a TEAM throughout the SERIES?
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #60
Quarry Creeper

That video turned out great! Just watching it made me realize some of the things we could've done differently. Can't wait til the next round. Hopefully we will do better!!

RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA DORK VADER Competitions 228 05-16-2012 01:43 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge Event 3 DORK VADER Scale Videos! 10 05-07-2012 05:18 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge Comp #3 March 18, 2012 Lake Amador fvrr Competitions 86 04-05-2012 07:00 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge 1/15/2012 Folsom CA dx-dow Scale Videos! 7 01-22-2012 10:15 AM