Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock

Damn Matt, you already finished your video?? You're making me look bad bro! I still have a lot of work to do on mine. I had to recover on Monday after work and had band practice yesterday. I can't wait to check out your video tonight, I bet it's gonna be tight.
BUTTERS_209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock

Nice vid Matt, dam those are sick rigs and even a Chevy "WHAT"
GIXXERSTUNTIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Awesome movie, as usual!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Let me see if I understand this, you DON'T have to keep the SAME 2 drivers as a TEAM throughout the SERIES?

Just as long as one member of the original registered team is still in the race under their reg team number.

We rather everyone made it every time, but we all know sh@t happens. Lets say your team made it to all the events, but at the last event your team mate could not make it due to what ever. It's not fair to the other team mate who may have a pinch driver available to lose out on the whole seasons efforts.

Does that seem wrong to you ?? Should they just receive a DNF for the day ?? What do you guys think ??

Last edited by DORK VADER; 06-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.
DORK VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #65
Rock Stacker

Great video Matt and Mandi. Thanks again for putting on such a fun comp. See you guys at the next event.
underdog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

I know I'm not in the top standings but for me it's been hard to get a partner. I think as long as a team can make most events they should keep their points. We have seen how hard it is to get people to events. The more restrictions you put on an event the less participants will show up. We are a small notch hobby and events like RCOTC are one of the reasons people stay interested.
underdog75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog75 View Post
I know I'm not in the top standings but for me it's been hard to get a partner. I think as long as a team can make most events they should keep their points. We have seen how hard it is to get people to events. The more restrictions you put on an event the less participants will show up. We are a small notch hobby and events like RCOTC are one of the reasons people stay interested.
Well put Leen, I totally agree!
BUTTERS_209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

Awesome job on the video! I look forward to your excellent pieces of work.
Thom K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
yes very well put leen
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORK VADER View Post
Just as long as one member of the original registered team is still in the race under their reg team number.

We rather everyone made it every time, but we all know sh@t happens. Lets say your team made it to all the events, but at the last event your team mate could not make it due to what ever. It's not fair to the other team mate who may have a pinch driver available to lose out on the whole seasons efforts.

Does that seem wrong to you ?? Should they just receive a DNF for the day ?? What do you guys think ??
well as one of the top drivers in the standings i think you have the right idea matt its hard for everyone to make it to all the events & if one team member can make it & the other cant i think you should be able to have a backup driver. its a team event
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:

This isnt about right or wrong Matt, its just that I would have come to your series but i knew my "team mate" couldnt make all the events! If i knew i could "sub" drivers then it would have made a difference in my desicion.

What about the "teams" that DID make all of the events even if they had to take time off work?

If its a "team" series, you should have to finish with the same "team" to be eligible for the overall win. Thats just my opinion and it dont mean squat but thats why we dont do any "series" G6's.

It sucks hearing how cool these RCOTC events were and us not going cuz i misunderstood how they worked!!! Once again, MY BAD, not yours.
Im just pissed i didnt get to come hang out with you, Mandy and Otis! Couple more weeks and we will get to hang out and drive our toy trucks!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Great video M&M, really sucks that I had to miss this one
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #73
RCC Addict

Quote:
This isnt about right or wrong Matt, its just that I would have come to your series but i knew my "team mate" couldnt make all the events! If i knew i could "sub" drivers then it would have made a difference in my desicion.

What about the "teams" that DID make all of the events even if they had to take time off work?

If its a "team" series, you should have to finish with the same "team" to be eligible for the overall win. Thats just my opinion and it dont mean squat but thats why we dont do any "series" G6's.

It sucks hearing how cool these RCOTC events were and us not going cuz i misunderstood how they worked!!! Once again, MY BAD, not yours.
Im just pissed i didnt get to come hang out with you, Mandy and Otis! Couple more weeks and we will get to hang out and drive our toy trucks!
Yeah that sucks that you based your decision on not showing up to these events because of your uncertainty of your partners comitment to showing up. I have done the same thing the last couple years with the 2.2 series not sure if I can make the comps so why show up? But I am glad that we have guys like Matt, Parker, JRock that put on different types of events with different rules and formats that allow some freedom

Oh yeah and for the guys that took time off of work to make the events, look at it this way the could be working!

Last edited by finishline; 06-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER View Post
That video turned out great! Just watching it made me realize some of the things we could've done differently. Can't wait til the next round. Hopefully we will do better!!
Thanks.. It was cool to watch all the different line choices and how all of the teams that have been in this from the beginning were putting on shows of team work and really thinking things through.. Showing a lot of progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERS_209 View Post
Damn Matt, you already finished your video?? You're making me look bad bro! I still have a lot of work to do on mine. I had to recover on Monday after work and had band practice yesterday. I can't wait to check out your video tonight, I bet it's gonna be tight.
I'm just looking forward to the mini action.. Take your time, have fun doing it. I have to get these things done so I can move on to the next thing... Like the season standings and final times of this last event..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIXXERSTUNTIN View Post
Nice vid Matt, dam those are sick rigs and even a Chevy "WHAT"
Thanks... nice Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Awesome movie, as usual!
Quote:
Great video Matt and Mandi. Thanks again for putting on such a fun comp. See you guys at the next event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom K View Post
Awesome job on the video! I look forward to your excellent pieces of work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finishline View Post
Great video M&M, really sucks that I had to miss this one

Thanks guy's..
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:

B-rad, we miss you too and I was honest when asking for your opinion, cause for me it just seemed like the right choice.. The stand in rig was tech'd to the same standards and it was the drivers first time in a RCOTC.. If that helps ..

Now, I do like the idea of the stand in driver having to run the missing drivers rig, it just possibly can make things hard in a last minute situation..

We have one more event that we are thinking of having an LCQ with 3 spots available to any team that wants to take a shot at getting into the final with the top ten teams.. If that works out, come out for that one.

We will see you at Axialfest.

Last edited by DORK VADER; 06-06-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
B-rad, We have one more event that will have an LCQ with 3 spots available to any team that wants to take a shot at getting into the final with the top ten teams.. Come out for that one.

We will see you at Axialfest.
See there you can miss pretty much the whole season make the last regular event and still qualify for the final event, that's what I am talking about. I really like your thinking Matt. I think Leen was right when he said making to many restrictions will just turn guys off in even going to the events.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
See there you can miss pretty much the whole season make the last regular event and still qualify for the final event, that's what I am talking about. I really like your thinking Matt. I think Leen was right when he said making to many restrictions will just turn guys off in even going to the events.

An LCQ could make for a good show...

What do the seasoned teams think of an LCQ ???

Is it fair to those teams that have followed the series and battled their way through ???

Let me know..

Last edited by DORK VADER; 06-06-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
An LCQ could make for a good show...

What do the seasoned teams think of an LCQ ???

Is it fair to those teams that have followed the series and battled their way through ???

Let me know..
Well I think that's a lot less fair then having an alternate team driver but that's just my opinion. I guess what you can do is acknowledge the over all season winner and a season final event winner. I know you are trying to be as open minded as possible and I appreciate that, but this is your show and I am good with what ever you decide Matt.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Well I think that's a lot less fair then having an alternate team driver but that's just my opinion. I guess what you can do is acknowledge the over all season winner and a season final event winner. I know you are trying to be as open minded as possible and I appreciate that, but this is your show and I am good with what ever you decide Matt.

Thanks for the feed back James.. There is still much to be worked out with this formula...

The top 10 teams will be acknowledged and entered into the final event. The LCQ idea is really for those teams just out of the top 10... Maybe if the LCQ is invite only to the 11th -13th place teams...

Last edited by DORK VADER; 06-06-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Matt, I think that inviting the three teams that are just out of the top ten would be fair and would give those teams a chance to show that they deserve a spot in the final if they can perform well enough in the LCQ.

I'm not sure where Team 209 stands in the points as of now but I do know that we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make it to the finals with an LCQ if we were 11-13.

Just my 2 cents but I think you're on the right path bro and I'll stand behind your decision no matter what.
209SCXCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote

RC Overland Team Challenge Event 4 - JUNE 3rd 2012 Utica Reservoir / Slick Rock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Overland Team Challenge April 29th 2012 Event 3 Red Hills Rd, Chinese Camp, CA DORK VADER Competitions 228 05-16-2012 01:43 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge Event 3 DORK VADER Scale Videos! 10 05-07-2012 05:18 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge Comp #3 March 18, 2012 Lake Amador fvrr Competitions 86 04-05-2012 07:00 PM
RC Overland Team Challenge 1/15/2012 Folsom CA dx-dow Scale Videos! 7 01-22-2012 10:15 AM