Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race #7 "Altitude Sickness"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default 801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race #7 "Altitude Sickness"

801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race #7 "Altitude Sickness"

As the racing heats up, 801rcc heads for the Uintas to cool down. Join us for another epic battle against the terrain, and the clock in the cool Uinta Mountains. This area has proved to be an awesome place for competitions, but is untested ground when it comes to the Ultra4 races. Who knows how the rigs and drivers will handle this awesome location.

-When-
Saturday July 21st, 2012

9-9:30AM: Course Setup
10AM: Sign Ups/Tech
10:45AM: Pics and Drivers Meeting
11-11:15AM: Race Starts

-Where-
Bald Mountain, UT

GPS Coordinates:
40.687440, -110.904279

TERRAIN: Smooth rock, lots of steps and ledges with some dirt
TRACTION: Low/med

Bald Mtn is a recreational fee area. $6.00 per car

Directions:
From Kamas Utah Head East on Mirror Lake hwy (UT-150) about 29 miles. You'll see a sign that says "Bald Mtn Pass" with a small dirt road on the left that leads to the parking lot.
Bald Mtn is car accessible and has a small parking lot, with camping spots just around the corner. There is plenty of rock to throw down courses and still have tons of room for "Fun Crawling" or "Scale running". Bald Mtn is in the high Uinta's so the over night lows can dip down to near freezing and After noon thunder showers are common, so make sure to bring clothing and gear for cold conditions. With the heat of summer on full blast this comp should allow everyone to have a slight cool down.

BE PREPARED TO SWITCH BATTERY PACKS!!!! RUMOR HAS IT THIS RACE WILL BE 3 LAPS OF 100 GATES!!! BE PREPARED!!! (thank you AxialFest )

Come spend the day or weekend with 801rcc in the Uintas for some fun and excitement!

(flyer coming soon)

In true 801RCC fashion this will be a FREE event and is open to anyone running a Ultra 4 legal rig (check the rules to make sure your rigs are in spec)

801RCC 2012 Ultra 4 Rules

Course Design:
The race course will be made up of 100+/- numbered gates that must be ran in order and may have boundaries. Courses may have some wet conditions such as mud, water, snow, etc. along with some man made obstacles. Be ready for just about anything!!!

Event:
-Run down- This is a timed event. Event will consist of two classes 1.9 and 2.2. Fastest overall time in each class wins. The event will consist of two "Heats", with a short break between heats for drivers to re-stage for heat #2.
-Pairing Drivers- After signing up, drivers will be randomly drawn for running order and paired together for the event. Driver #1 of the pair will run in heat #1, while driver #2 is the Spotter. Drivers will switch rolls for heat #2, driver #2 will run while driver #1 spots.
-Starting- All vehicles must be ready and staged by the start of the race. Drivers will start 30 seconds apart or after the previous driver has reached a predetermined gate.
-Time- Time starts when the vehicle crosses the starting line. Time stops when the vehicle crosses the finish line. Once time starts time can not be stopped for any reason.
-Passing- Slower rigs should (but are not required to) yield to the passing vehicle.
-Scale Accessories- All vehicle accessories must be scale in nature. Any scale item carried by the vehicle may be used during the race without penalty, such as a winch, strap, sand ladders, ramps, etc.
-Bonus- Any driver on course can bonus by assisting another vehicle at any time without penalty. Such as rollover recovery, pulling/winching, etc If a driver bonuses 1 min will be deducted from his overall time.
-Assist- Anytime the spotter has to assist in vehicle recovery or progress. If a driver needs a spotter assist a 2 min penalty will be added to the drivers over all time.
-Repairs- Any vehicle in need of repair must remain on course. All vehicles must be repaired on course. If a driver removes his vehicle from the course at any time his run ends. The drivers finishing position will be based on last progressed gate.
-Penalties- All penalties will be added after the driver finishes the course.
-Teams- A Teams scores will be a combination of the average time and the average gate progress of all drivers in the team.

Penalties:
-Cone/Boundary- If a driver at any time hits a cone/boundary a 1min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Assist- If a driver at any time has to be assisted by his course "Spotter" a 2min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Touch- Touching the rig isn't allowed, Unless the driver is accessing his strap/winch or scale items for a bonus or self recovery Hand of god or other such actions result in a DNF

Classes:
-1.9- Any vehicle running a 1.9" rim
-2.2- Any vehicle running a 2.2" rim
-Teams- Teams must have multiple drivers and must list their team when registering. Teams must have their team logo on their rig.
At this time drivers will only be allowed to run either 2.2 or 1.9 class, not both.

Vehicle specs:
This is a scale event NO COMP CRAWLERS.
All vehicles must be shaft driven
All vehicles must have a full frame. Tube style, ladder style, etc. Frame must be at least the length of the wheelbase.
All Vehicles must have a front bumper/stinger etc.
All vehicles with an open top must have an interior.
All vehicles must run a production "scale" tire that is marketed as such.
All vehicles must have at least 1 recovery device, strap, winch, etc.
All vehicles must carry a minimum of 3 additional scale items, excluding the mandatory recovery device.
Any and all modifications to vehicle must remain scale in nature.
No eliminating of original scale hardware. Example: Wraith drivers can change the interior/seats but they must have the interior/seats. A honcho can change it's bumper/spare tire but it must have a bumper/spare tire, etc.

Terms/Procedures:
-Cone- Cones are used to define the race course. Cones are setup in pairs with matching numbers making a "Gate"
-Gate- The area of the course between cones of the same number
-Spotter- The person assigned to time and assess penalties for the driver. The Spotter will also assist the driver during an "Assist"
-Assist- If a drivers vehicle can not be righted during a rollover the "Spotter" may roll the vehicle back onto it's wheels using the spotter strap. A Spotter may also winch the vehicle up/through sections of the course that may be too difficult for the vehicle. You CAN NOT pass any vehicles during an "Assist" and you CAN NOT take an "Assist" on a line you have not tried to drive first. The Spotter can only move the vehicle by using a "strap". Any and every time the Spotter has to "assist" the vehicle a 2 min penalty will be added to the drivers overall time
-Bonus:- If a driver helps another rig on course with their recovery device the driver will be awarded a bonus of -1 min off their time at the end of their run
-Team- Multiple drivers running under one name.

Last edited by Going Up!; 06-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: 801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race #7 "Altitude Sickness"

Can't wait for this race, it's so nice up there in the summer and camping is a premium. This will be the first Ultra4 race we've had at Bald mt so it's sure to be interesting
NaZ-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I am excited!!! Still wish it was the night race tho oh well, it will come soon enough!

Last edited by Going Up!; 06-19-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Info edited/added!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Jerry's RC Garage

would love to be there but a little far for me to drive
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Who's Coming?!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I had a great time at this race. I got a good position starting 1st in the second heat so I knew I had to keep up the speed so no one would pass me. My rig ran great exept for my lack of servo power and low stance but I managed to finish in a good spot. My 1750 3s lasted tell gate 140! Thanks for judging me coco.

tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Old 07-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Jerry's RC Garage

How did running more gates work at?
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
How did running more gates work at?
I thought it was more fun because it lasted longer. I actually had enough batterys to do 6 laps if needed.

801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race #7 "Altitude Sickness" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race #6 "Desert Devastator" Going Up! Competitions 7 06-13-2012 11:37 AM
801rcc 2012 Ultra4 Race, Event #5 "No Mans Land" Going Up! Competitions 5 05-23-2012 09:59 AM
801rcc 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #4 "Stateline 100" Going Up! Competitions 7 04-24-2012 02:18 PM
801RCC 2012 Ultra4 R/C, Race #3 "ShamROCK Showdown" NaZ-T Competitions 96 04-01-2012 03:03 PM