Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2011 Turkey Crawl 4 Kids - LRC Sand Rock, AL Nov. 19-20

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default 2011 Turkey Crawl 4 Kids - LRC Sand Rock, AL Nov. 19-20

I am pleased to announce the 3rd annual Turkey Crawl! This year we are combining what is already an INCREDIBLE (BIG thanks to Jeff Gill ) event with the Crawling 4 Kids event in a combined effort to raise even more funds for donation to a local childrens charity. Come out and have a great time hanging out with other RCC members and help support a great cause at the same time! Ticket prices will be $25 for first class entered and $10 for each additional class with $5 PER DRIVER donated directly to the children!!!!

If you would like to donate in addition to what is included in your ticket purchase please shoot me a PM and I will get you taken care of!

If you are a VENDOR and would like to support this event or make a donation please send me a PM. Contributing vendors will at least receive 1 pre-entry at no charge.

Course Building: 5:00am

Driver's Meeting: 7:00am

Courses Open: 7:30am

4 courses, 7 gates, 4 minutes plus the finals for each class. 2.2 pro will run on Saturday and 1.9 and Supers will run on Sunday. This may be changed depending on the total number of drivers of each class. This setup will work well for up to 75 drivers. I'd love to add more gates to each course to get more drive time...but we have to work with the daylight we have! Of course this will be a rain or shine event so plan accordingly!

The plan is to have each course set up by a club. For instance RCA, ALRC, SCRCC, NCRCC each build a course. This isn't set in stone so it'll probably come down to whoever shows up on time to build the courses!

When you show up the morning of the event go to the check in table and receive your score sheets and have your crawler teched. This will speed up getting drivers on course immediately following the driver's meeting.

Drivers will be required to complete 2 courses by 11am and be done with all 4 by 2:30pm. This should provide plenty of time to complete the finals course in the day light!

Eventbrite will be handling ticket sales for this event so please follow the link below to purchase your tickets!

Register for 2011 Turkey Crawl 4 Kids in Sand Rock, AL  on Eventbrite

2011 Turkey Crawl 4 Kids - Eventbrite

Ticket sales end Nov. 17th at midnight!!!

Little Rock City Park
County Rd 70/Rock City Ave.
Sand Rock, AL 35983

Location Map

We need at least 8 judges for this event. Please PM me ASAP if you would like to be a judge and/or timer!

Judges will receive 1 extra ticket for the raffle and a $20 refund AFTER the competition. $5 of your ticket price will go to the childrens charity donation!

Judges:
1. Chris_BC
2. Colby
3. Greencrawler
4. Cavie98
5. Grandmasboy
6. lushtrucker
7. CRSMacgyver
8. xrra_tj

If your name is on this list then you have purchased your ticket(s) and are ready to compete! If not, and you think you should be send me a PM and we'll sort it out.

Last edited by ittybitty; 11-16-2011 at 08:33 PM.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

**** SPONSORS ****

Results

Last edited by ittybitty; 11-21-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Looking forward to it....signed up.

Last edited by limited77; 10-25-2011 at 06:01 AM.
limited77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited77 View Post
Looking foward to it....signed up.
Thanks Michael!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Is this a two day event? What classes are run and when.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
Is this a two day event? What classes are run and when.
Yessir it is a 2 day event. We will run 2.2 class on Saturday and 1.9s and Supers on Sunday. Depending on interest I suppose we could include sportsman as well and let them run on Saturday on the same courses as the 2.2 pro class. Hope you can make it!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Sounds fun just like last year. Couple of questions...

1- Is there a limit to the number of drivers? EDIT: Just saw eventbright says 75

2- 3 minutes seems pretty short considering how far apart the courses can be at LRC... don't you think?

Looking forward to it

Last edited by Harvo; 08-31-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
2- 3 minutes seems pretty short considering how far apart the courses can be at LRC... don't you think?

Agreed

I don't see a reason for this. It only adds unnecessary stress to what is suppose to fun. I would rather see a schedule like X number of courses must be completed by X time.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Sounds fun just like last year. Couple of questions...

1- Is there a limit to the number of drivers? EDIT: Just saw eventbright says 75

Looking forward to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

Agreed

I don't see a reason for this. It only adds unnecessary stress to what is suppose to fun. I would rather see a schedule like X number of courses must be completed by X time.
Agreed and agreed! I was basing it off of last years event, but after ECC this year I completely agree that it should be set up to require a certain number of courses by a certain time.

Do ya'll think it'll even be necessary with only 4 courses? If so...how about 2 courses by 11am? What about a time to be done with all 4?

Thanks guys...keep the suggestions coming!!

Last edited by ittybitty; 08-31-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Typically I set a time limit that pushes the drivers to finish with plenty of time to run Finals.

If all goes well I might relax the time limit a bit.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

The Eventbrite site is up and running and it works! If you are entering multiple classes please shoot me a PM for the coupon code to save $15 on your extra classes
Old 09-01-2011, 05:30 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quick question.....
What format are you planning to run the judges on? With what looks to be 2 judges per course and 2 alternates(the 10 spaces you have listed), are you planning on running the judges at 2:30 pm or trying to make them run during the time and allowing them to jump in line?

Also, if there is interest for Sportsman, how are you planning to run them on the same courses since I assume people could sign up for 2.2 pro and 2.2 sportsman. That means there would be drivers pre-running the courses.....or are you planning on it being an either/or scenerio. I would sign up for both again if they were available.

Last edited by CRSMacgyver; 09-01-2011 at 05:35 AM.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #13
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I'm in for sure
Great cause and location!
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

I will be there
Chris_BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #15
WOOPOOW!!

I can't wait! Who all is camping? and wheres the scalers at?
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver View Post
Quick question.....
What format are you planning to run the judges on? With what looks to be 2 judges per course and 2 alternates(the 10 spaces you have listed), are you planning on running the judges at 2:30 pm or trying to make them run during the time and allowing them to jump in line?
The best scenario is having 10 judges which would allow them to rotate out to run courses throughout the day and take breaks. If we have 8 judges they will run together at the end of the day with 2 per course to keep them moving. Typically there will be some down time between groups of drivers and the judges can run their own course at their leisure. This will have to be amended depending on the number of judges we have.

Quote:
Also, if there is interest for Sportsman, how are you planning to run them on the same courses since I assume people could sign up for 2.2 pro and 2.2 sportsman. That means there would be drivers pre-running the courses.....or are you planning on it being an either/or scenerio. I would sign up for both again if they were available.
IF we have enough interest...lets shoot for 15 drivers at least. Sportsman will run the same courses as 2.2 but with bypasses for the obviously difficult gates, but lets use you as an example...

You walk up with your sportsman rig and prepare to run a course, but you are also signed up for 2.2 pro. You will be required to run your 2.2 pro rig before you run your sportsman rig and you will run your sportsman rig immediately after you run your 2.2 pro rig. This will keep you moving through the courses and keep anyone from "pre-running" the courses for the 2.2 class. If you run your sportsman rig before your 2.2 rig on any courses you will receive a DNF for that 2.2 course.

The bypasses for the sportsman class will be different colored gates where the 2.2 gates may require dig. This will be left up to the course designers.

Last edited by ittybitty; 09-01-2011 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdog7 View Post
I'm in for sure
Great cause and location!
It'll be great to watch you drive again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_BC View Post
I will be there
Gotcha added to the judges and driver's list Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
I can't wait! Who all is camping? and wheres the scalers at?
Thanks for volunteering to judge Colby!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Cool......and question #1 about the judges??????
Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Cool......and question #1 about the judges??????
I answered it above...it was in the quoted area...fixed
Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Cool, thanks. Just wondering.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/334556-2011-turkey-crawl-4-kids-lrc-sand-rock-al-nov-19-20-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
TURKEY CRAWL - VARCOR - Virginia Radio Control Off Roaders This thread Refback 10-05-2011 05:06 AM