Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: R.E.C.O.N. Mountain Mash G6, hosted by SoCal Gunit Chapter!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #321
Rock Crawler

Default Re: R.E.C.O.N. Mountain Mash G6, hosted by SoCal Gunit Chapter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
Now that I have finally recovered from a crazy time in SoCal I want to say WOW!!!

With the combination of Disneyland, G6n, and the long drive home that night man was I tired.

What can I say, had an awesome time at the So-Cal Mountain Mash G6. Mt. Baldy spot had a great combination of water, rock, dirt, and great weather. I really enjoyed meeting everyone from So-Cal old and new. WOW to all of the awesome rigs I got to set my eyes on, the attention to detail in the rig are amazing.

My Axial VP SCX-10 Honcho did an awesome job with not one hiccup even when half of it was in the water since I decided to skip the bridge

It was an honor to drive side by side with the one and only DRIVINMF @ a G6. I want to thank So-Cal Recon Crew for the hard work to make this happen for their area. Thank You to Mike "The Doc" for having a sence of humor that VW does look bad ass can't wait to see your next project.

I can't wait to come back to the Axial RECON Ultra4 G6 @ King of the Hammers.
good to hear you and your family made it back safely. See you at KOH.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #322
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doc View Post

The only thing that was a little tuff is if your back in the pack you will come up on real slow people and you can't pass, that a loan will keep you from finishing. There has to be away to get this fixed??? Ideas????
Mike, here read this section.

- Stage etiquette should be adhered to at all times. Make 3 attempts at a trail obstacle and then winch or receive assistance from a fellow G6’er. Drive smart. There is no penalty for winching or having a fellow G6’er assist you. Faster drivers have the right of way.

This was missed by people that day. Guys were making far more than 3 attempts before winching.

Also note the faster driver part.

Here is what i did.

When I saw a place to go around a big group before a gate I used it. Some where hail Mary's. Then when I got to the guys at the obstacle I waited for a few attempts I then said, "if you let me trough, I will pull you up". Nobody refused.

Once I got an opening, it was hammer down! Then when I got to another group I would hang back for a minute, offer suggestions if I had any, and eventually asked if they minded if I pass. Some guys just saw me coming up quick and immediately said "go around". I started in the last row and I finished the whole deal with about 4 minutes left. I could have done it quicker but I didn't start searching alternate lines leading to the next gate until later in the stage.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #323
Jerry's RC Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post

Mike, here read this section.

- Stage etiquette should be adhered to at all times. Make 3 attempts at a trail obstacle and then winch or receive assistance from a fellow G6’er. Drive smart. There is no penalty for winching or having a fellow G6’er assist you. Faster drivers have the right of way.

This was missed by people that day. Guys were making far more than 3 attempts before winching.

Also note the faster driver part.

Here is what i did.

When I saw a place to go around a big group before a gate I used it. Some where hail Mary's. Then when I got to the guys at the obstacle I waited for a few attempts I then said, "if you let me trough, I will pull you up". Nobody refused.

Once I got an opening, it was hammer down! Then when I got to another group I would hang back for a minute, offer suggestions if I had any, and eventually asked if they minded if I pass. Some guys just saw me coming up quick and immediately said "go around". I started in the last row and I finished the whole deal with about 4 minutes left. I could have done it quicker but I didn't start searching alternate lines leading to the next gate until later in the stage.
Wow that is great stuff on how to do things!! Thanks Brian
jerry2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #324
I joined the Band!

I would suggest that those wanting to BONZI the trail should NOT have started in the back.
For when one is pushing thru others they do come off as appearing RUDE.
Cpt Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #325
Jerry's RC Garage

The start will be changing for the next events so there won't be in bottlenecks. There will be flow to the trail markers.

Last edited by jerry2575; 01-08-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #326
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
The start will be changing for the next events so there won't be in bottlenecks. There will be flow to the trail markers.
Yea yea, I'm getting a shirt that says, "Jerry said to get the hell out of the way"
ickabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #327
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Nemo View Post
I would suggest that those wanting to BONZI the trail should NOT have started in the back.
For when one is pushing thru others they do come off as appearing RUDE.

Anyone who is rude about passing others needs to rethink their attitude towards others.
On the other hand, adventurist drivers need to also respect that ultra drivers are there for their kind of fun as well, a higher paced, fast track kind of race. Since adventurist will be penalized for finishing to fast anyway, I dont think its a big deal to allow another faster driver to pass, especially if they are on time, and arent rude lol. Remember, ultra does two laps, so thats twice as many or more gates.

I ran into this a bit at Apple Valley last year during the night stage. Ultra was required to pull 4 laps, and we were passing the same drivers multiple times, some began to get an attitude lol.

In the end, we are all playing with toy trucks having a hell of a time diciphering Parkers mad courses
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #328
RCC Addict

I'll tell you this, my new rig will have a snow plow you figure it out.
The Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #329
I wanna be Dave

Did Ultra do 2 laps at Baldy?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #330
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I don't recall being passed. I was wondering the same thing.
Trump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #331
Jerry's RC Garage

Quote:
Do to time restraint and gates being moved towards the end of stage by unknown people they only did 1 lap. Jake wright did finish and went back to play
Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #332
Quarry Creeper

This was by far the best event that I have ever been to, thanks again guys for putting this on.
ickabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #333

Hi all RubicoDan here with a video from the Recon G6 Mountain Mash Mt. Baldy Party. Please enjoy.

fj45lc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #334
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
I always enjoy seeing the most talented female crawler in the World, Jess! And she was wearing hear signature attire...a cast! Get better girl, I love you guys.
Parker my friend, you are just plain awesome. anytime a girl needs an ego boost, you are right there! and that damn boot better be gone by KOH. I doubt very much Jake will let me actually participate/run around G-6 style even if it is, but you know I'll be there cheering everyone on nonetheless!

Great to see everyone, and meet some new friends! Steve, it was fantastic to finally meet you, and I loved your wife, it was wonderful getting to chat nursing for a while!
Del Montess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #335
Jerry's RC Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fj45lc View Post
Hi all RubicoDan here with a video from the Recon G6 Mountain Mash Mt. Baldy Party. Please enjoy.

AWESOME VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.E.C.O.N. Mountain Mash G6, hosted by SoCal Gunit Chapter!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Cow Socal Giiveaway!!! Live in Socal? Have a RCC star? Then you win! The Cow California 22 03-23-2011 01:43 AM
Freetrial`s SCX/ Hilux mash-up. Freetrial 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 05-22-2010 03:37 PM
Bangers and Mash blue10 Tamiya Clod Buster 8 01-10-2007 12:26 PM
Monster Mash 1BadJeepBruiser Chit Chat 20 03-15-2006 07:47 AM
Does anyone know what wind the Monster mash yellow motors are? clodesota Electronics 0 03-15-2006 01:06 AM