Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: Start Series at Cougars on Oct. 1st??
yes, im ready!! 6 75.00%
no, not ready!! 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: So-Cal Fall/Winter Comp series...AKA Half-o-Year Comp!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 08:05 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Alright cool!! Depending on who bring a scale rig, maybe we can set up a scale course between comps!?!
CreepyCrawler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #42

Default Comp rules

When measuring the max wheel base on a 2.2 , is that at rest or at full suspension travel. My crawler's wheel base changes approx. one inch from rest to full suspension travel.
katfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Ok guys, on the 10+ Hour drive back from Moab we had alot of discussion on the rules and the number of classes to run. We beleive that we should stick to the EXACT same rules and classes that were in effect at the Nationals for a number of reasons. The addition of a scale class is cool but only if there are enough people to fill it (at least 4). There is no way we will be able to run 4 different classes in one day. Do the math. If we run 3 couses for each class that would be a total of 12 courses to set-up and run. So for 1 person to compete in all clasess that would be 1 Hour of actual running time PER PERSON with a 5 minute time limit per course. If we have only 10 people show up that's 10 hours to complete the comp. And that does not include set-up time, time in between competitors, breaks, clean up or any other issues.
So lets say 12+ hours for only 10 people. It won't work.

2 classes only + Same rules as the Nats = way more fun, we can cross over to other sanctioning bodies with ease, and welcome more competitors.
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #44
RCC Addict

i couldn't agree more after seeing how a large comp went down last weekend. it is a ton of work to make things run smoothly. let's stick to two classes, 2.2 and super. i suggest having scale get togethers between comps at places like lake balboa park. after running two classes for a few comps, and we think we might be able to squeeze another class in, we can discuss it at that point.

i will print up score sheets, and buy timers and clipboards for the judges. for judging, we will need one person to call the penalties/progressions, and another to keep time and mark the score sheet.

also, the nor-cal guys want to come down for our season final at cougar buttes!!!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
Ok guys, on the 10+ Hour drive back from Moab we had alot of discussion on the rules and the number of classes to run. We beleive that we should stick to the EXACT same rules and classes that were in effect at the Nationals for a number of reasons. The addition of a scale class is cool but only if there are enough people to fill it (at least 4). There is no way we will be able to run 4 different classes in one day. Do the math. If we run 3 couses for each class that would be a total of 12 courses to set-up and run. So for 1 person to compete in all clasess that would be 1 Hour of actual running time PER PERSON with a 5 minute time limit per course. If we have only 10 people show up that's 10 hours to complete the comp. And that does not include set-up time, time in between competitors, breaks, clean up or any other issues.
So lets say 12+ hours for only 10 people. It won't work.

2 classes only + Same rules as the Nats = way more fun, we can cross over to other sanctioning bodies with ease, and welcome more competitors.
i agree and understand what your saying.

So my personal thought to what you said is, we only start with 2 classes. these two classes will be 2.2 and super. Reason being the rules used are standard offical Rc Rock crawling rule and classes. Besides non of us can expect everything to go perfectly jim dandy the first time or even first few times out. So by having only two classes to worry about we will have more time incase of mistakes and what nots. Right??

My second thought was i dont think anyone else really cares about other classes besides johnson420 and i. so my thought is we split them in half, if theres six comps going on then we can have two scale classes and two super 2.2 classes. We go out the first two times and just focus maily on the two big classes. Then after we get the ball rolling we see if we can throw another comp into the mix. I mean if we struggle as a group with only 2 classes then forget about it!!!!!!!!!!

And about having atleast four people in a scale class i know of four people who could easly be in....Me, Camel_rc, Hiro, and Pigonafarmboy. Here are four people with scale rigs. And im sure theres more out there. And its not like we would need to design another course. For the super 2.2 (witch are 2.2s with rear steer) they can compete on the biggest hardest course. And for scales they can compete on the smallest course. simple!!

And now my last thought about all this is IF and only If we allow scales and super2.2s they will have to go last. I think we have the standard classes... 2.2 and supers ... go first then if we all still have time and batterys we can hold a comp for the remaining few. How does this sound to everyone??
Old 09-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

The scalers will not be able to compete on the 2.2 courses. They will have to be altered at least some. I have no problem with adding a scale class AFTER we finish 2.2 and super. But in all honesty I doubt there will be enough time for it. I just don't understand the logic behind the super 2.2 class.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

DITTO!!! The only thing the super 2.2 has that 2.2 doesnt is rear steer, besides that there both 2.2 WBed rigs!! we would be holding pretty much two 2.2 class during each comp!! kinda ridiculous

well changing up a course so its aimed for scale rigs wouldnt take long!! But i agree only after the major rigs play!!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

I think that would work out. After the Class1 and Class2 rigs have had their fun, then a scale run (perhaps a "follow the leader" instead of a marked up course?) or maybe a mud run, depending on how people are feeling.
camel_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Yeah!!

i honestly think more people have scale rigs rather then 2.2 with rear steer. I think everyone took off the back servos so they can compete im the Class 2. its easyer to lock out or remove the back servo rather then starting up a new class for it!!
Old 09-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

True dat!
camel_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepyCrawler88
Yeah!!

i honestly think more people have scale rigs rather then 2.2 with rear steer. I think everyone took off the back servos so they can compete im the Class 2. its easyer to lock out or remove the back servo rather then starting up a new class for it!!
Why even do that? Just don't use it and your good.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #52
Quarry Creeper

True!!
Old 09-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #53
Official Scale Nazi

Is it only Aaron and Danny in the Super 2.2 class? I don't know of anyone else that has 4WS on their 2.2. The thing about the super 2.2 class is that it's just redundant. And honestly having to use reverse and getting point deductions makes for a much more competitive event with the 2.2s. At Moab I reversed just as much with my 4WS clod as I did with my 2.2.

I think scale competitions could be held separately for now. Just not going to be enough time for everything to fit in a single day.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel_rc
I think that would work out. After the Class1 and Class2 rigs have had their fun, then a scale run (perhaps a "follow the leader" instead of a marked up course?) or maybe a mud run, depending on how people are feeling.
bring the scale rigs to the comp and we can bash after the comp. or like i posted earlier, it would be cool just to have scale GTG's between comps.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

man this suchs I really want to go to the comps:-( maybe I can get my rig goin who knows can someone post up gps or addresses for all the locations so I can see how close they are
supercrawlerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonfarmboy
Is it only Aaron and Danny in the Super 2.2 class? I don't know of anyone else that has 4WS on their 2.2. The thing about the super 2.2 class is that it's just redundant. And honestly having to use reverse and getting point deductions makes for a much more competitive event with the 2.2s. At Moab I reversed just as much with my 4WS clod as I did with my 2.2.

I think scale competitions could be held separately for now. Just not going to be enough time for everything to fit in a single day.
I dont have rear steer. I wanted to be in it because i Had a clod but its up for sale now. So there for im out just like you guys. All i have it my tlt buggy!!!

im gunna bring that and all my scale rigs and if we have a scale comp we do if we dont we dont!!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Any way the first date could be moved back 1 week?

I will be at I-hobby that weekend.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #58
Official Scale Nazi

OT: The SCRCRC T-Shirts are being made now. I got a better deal by buying all black and I just ordered 10 of each size. I can always have more made if I run out of the first batch. Maybe I'll do red shirts for the 2nd run. Black is too hot for summer crawling. Price will be under $15 but still not certain on the exact price. They'll be done by this time next week probably. Sorry it took so long, my friend just moved his business and I've been busy as hell.

Mt. Wilson is directly above the top of the 2 freeway. I'll post the exact location later.
pigeonfarmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:17 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
Any way the first date could be moved back 1 week?

I will be at I-hobby that weekend.
that would be cool with me to move it to sunday the 29th. my dad will be in town, and would love to participate/judge/help at the comp.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

SWEET!! Now im now gunna have mow some grass and wash some cars to make some money to get a few new shirts!!

And exact directions would be awsome!! And by now im guessing everyone should know whats going on...?? 2.2 Class (Class-2) and Super crawlers class (class-1) and the two major main events happening thur out the 6 months. BUT who ever has a scale rig that fits the guide lines on the first page bring it because we may have trail..follow the leader...runs or maybe even a scale comp! all depending on time.

greg that would be sweet if you pop came, i might have a scale rig he could use!!