RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Competitions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/)
-   -   So-Cal Fall/Winter Comp series...AKA Half-o-Year Comp!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/42915-so-cal-fall-winter-comp-series-aka-half-o-year-comp.html)

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 10:06 AM

So-Cal Fall/Winter Comp series...AKA Half-o-Year Comp!!

Hey Fellow So-Cal Crawlers,

If any of you havent been to Socalrcrc.com lately you have been really missing out. A few of us So-Cal guys have had the idea to hold a compition series. The series will be spread out over the course of 6 months. Thats one comp a month, allowing a few weeks of personal or repair time in between. The classes we will be holding with be...

Class 1 - Super Crawler Class:
• No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height.
• No limits on tire type or size.
• Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
• No limits to steering configuration.
• You must run a body (full tube chassis is acceptable).
• The body must be 1/10th scale or larger.
• The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of its original form, but the width of the cab
must be the factory width.
• Body should resemble its original form (jeep bodies look like a jeeps)

Class 2 – Class 2.2: If a Class 2 vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in
Class 1.
• Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum 12.5 inches.
• Vehicle track width is a maximum 12.5 inches.
• Limited to 2.2 inch wheels or smaller.
• Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
• Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only.
• You must run a body (full tube chassis is acceptable).
• The body must be 1/10th scale or larger.
• The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of its original form, but the width of the cab
must be the factory width.
• Body should resemble its original form (jeep bodies look like a jeeps)

Class 3 – Unlimited Class:
No limits of any kind.
No limits on bodies.
No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height.
No limits to steering configuration.

Heres a link to the Official Rc Crawler rules which can also be found on www.socalrcrc.com
http://www.rccrawler.com/rules2006.pdf

I also know about the "super 2.2" class. What i dont know are the rules, so if anyone wants to have a Class 5 -super 2.2 class i will need a set of rule to post up.

One more thing you all might be interested in is what Camel_Rc and I put together, a class 4 - scale class. If anyone is interested we have a set of rules printed and i can put them together and post them if anyone wants.

we have dates and spots in mind, so post up if there good for you and then we can start setting in stone.
6 Possible Series Dates ALL SUNDAYS

Oct. 22, Sunday

Nov. 12, Sunday

Dec. 10, Sunday

Jan. 14, Sunday

Feb. 11, Sunday

Mar. 11, Sunday

Please everyone take 10 mins from your day to check these days and mark them a busy on you calendars or whatever.

I thought of some spots for us, They go in order with the dates ..ex Oct. 22, 06 Sunday we would go to The Spot. Get It!!

-The spot

-Playa Del Ray (before the weather gets to cold)

-Forest Falls

-Cougars Buttes

-Mt. Baldy

I only came up with five for two reasons, 1st i couldnt think of anymore and 2nd i think everyone should have the chance to throw a spot up and see if anyone likes it!! Please remember that we will be having rigs with 16"+ WBs to 12" and under WBs rigs crawling these spots. So if you want to suggest a spot and if no one but you has been there please post up pics and maybe a video.

So the only other thing i need from you guys, later not know once we get all the spots and dates in stone, is whos gunna be crawling in what classes on what dates. I dont want it to be show up and enter, i want to show up and go head to head crawling not getting head aches!!

So i believe this will give everyone a pretty good idea of whats going on and when. please post comments, questions, suggestions and what not!!

Thanks
Danny

camel_rc 09-06-2006 03:31 PM

Sounds good, I've got two class 4 rigs and putting together a class 2, hopefully it will be ready for October. Will the series be kicked off at Cougar on the first?

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 03:37 PM

Well i havent thought of that yet. :?

What does everyone think...

Should Oct. 1st be the kick off to the Half-o-Year comp?? Or should it be a "warm-up comp". you know scope out other peoples rigs and ideas:lol: !!

I personal think we should wait for the dates Arron came up with. And have the Cougars just be for fun and watchin 1:1 crawling!!

Let us know, post up your thoughts!!

gregrocks90046 09-06-2006 03:42 PM

another great spot would be mt. wilson. pigeonfarmboy, racetoys, rockpiledriver, and myself have all crawled there before. killer krawl spot!

oh yeah, count me in for the series!

Del Monte 09-06-2006 03:47 PM

I'm in for class 2.

I think we could start the series at Cougar buttes. Its still a month away, and that should be enough time for everybody to build/finish rigs.

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 03:50 PM

Sweet!!!

Well im guessing what we'll have to do is have a poll. Put up how ever many spots we can think of, maybe 10+ or something then just pick the 6 highest from the poll. how bout that???

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 03:52 PM

I put up a poll to see if we should start the comp @ Cougars!! SO GO NOW A VOTE

camel_rc 09-06-2006 03:59 PM

My vote goes for yes. How's this for an idea, post pics of possible areas for comps and scout them for trails. Then we'll vote on the winning locations. Cougar and the Spot are definates, so go out and do some scouting. I'd like to check out Playa Del Ray, Vasquez, and this one spot in Chatsworth that creepy knows of myself.

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 04:33 PM

This is why i would want to start later. So we can have time to find spots, take pics, make tiny videos, and write up pros and cons maybe a over all description of the area. I mean if we wanna hold it on the 1st of Oct then We better decide were the rest of the spots will be and when!! then when we have a bunch of spots they we think are good we vote on them picking the ulitmate 6!!

Rockpiledriver 09-06-2006 05:09 PM

Cougar buttes should be a gtg but run under the comp format. Too soon after Moab and the first one of the series should not be a 2 day event. I doubt I will be able to make both days that weekend.

camel_rc 09-06-2006 05:11 PM

I think that would work best.

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 07:22 PM

I agree with rockpiledriver, it is to soon after moab for some people. A two day event would be long and really hot starting at 4 in the afternoon. But it doesn't matter to me. LMK! what you guys want to do.8)

Johnson420 09-06-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregrocks90046
another great spot would be mt. wilson. pigeonfarmboy, racetoys, rockpiledriver, and myself have all crawled there before. killer krawl spot!.

I would say put Mt. Wilson on the list

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
Cougar buttes should be a gtg but run under the comp format. Too soon after Moab and the first one of the series should not be a 2 day event. I doubt I will be able to make both days that weekend.

I'll Agree, Cougar Buttes to be a GTG with COMP format.

Spots that could be on the list.

The Spot
The Spot 2 neighboring location minutes away
Mt Wilson
Forest Falls
Playa Del Ray (I have never been):?:
Cougar Buttes
??????
??????

Also I would like to see Cougar Buttes as possibly our Series Finals.
You will know why after the Cougar Buttes GTG/COMP

gregrocks90046 09-06-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnson420
Also I would like to see Cougar Buttes as possibly our Series Finals.
You will know why after the Cougar Buttes GTG/COMP

the finals should be at a killer spot. and from looking at the pics and vids, cougar buttes looks like the likely candidate.

danny, what about that place off of the 118 you scouted? parking an issue?

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 10:40 PM

So whats it gunna be, Are we gunna kick off on Oct. 1st a Cougars or wait til Oct. 22nd to start?? I truely dont mind either way, i just wanna know sooner then later so i can start printing score sheets, get tennis ball halfs, print out rules, and have every one listed for what classes on what dates. Also do you guys wanna have a scale class, i really would like to!!!

Here are the Guide lines That 1badjeepbruiser put up in the scale section. i think if you wanna be in the scale comp you rig has to meet these, And as far as rule it would pretty much be the same a 2.2 class. Only the course would be smaller and have a more scale design to it!!

1) A Scale vehicle must use a scale body. It can either be a hard body (Ie Bruiser,clod etc) or a Polycarbonate body. This means it should be something you can see everyday or on the trail/rocks.Bodies should be cut out how they were intended to be cut out. Removing some more wheel well room is acceptable to allow for tire clearance as well as bobbing beds or performing dove tails. Tubers that resemble real rock buggies or other rigs are acceptable as well.

2) Wheel bases should be to scale, meaning the wheels/tires should be under the wheel wells and should not be raked out forward. scale wheel bases are usually around 11.5 to 12.5 inches for the most part. In reference to wheel base is also vehicle width. Most of us like to use wheel wideners of some sort to help with stability. That is fine, BUT when you have the wheels sticking out 1.5 a half from the fender wells that is not very "scale".

3)Chassis/Frames. I think this is the biggest "gray" area in the "scale" crawler area. Typically ladder framed or tube framed. Some say only ladder frame/tube frames should be allowed. I agree with this to a certain extent BUT I have scene some people do really nice jobs building cages off of a regular chassis. SOOO If you do not have some sort of a ladder framed chassis, the truck body and other details have to make up for it. THIS DOESNT MEAN THAT COMP CHASISS ARENT ALLOWED, THEY ARE ALLOWED BUT The body should be heavily detailed and should sit lower on the chassis, have scale tires, and accessories in order to make up the less "scale" chassis.

4) Axles, should be "scale". Example being but not limited to TLT axles, Bruiser axles and when the new High Lift comes out those will be great as well. There are also some german made trial truck axles out there, those are "scale" too. Axles that are for the most part NOT VERY SCALE are clod axles, emaxx axles, twin force axles, NYLINTS as whole etc...Although Juggernaut/TXT axles resemble military rock well axles, they are GENERALLY really to wide for scale rig BUT if you build a chassis and body in proportion to the axles then that is fine.

5) Nylints are NOT SCALE, SORRY Nylint guys. While they use semi scale hard bodies the axles and chassis are NOT SCALE in any shape of form. Nylints should not be posted in the forum.

6)MINI/SSMTs . I have noticed alot of mini builds lately...just because its mini doesnt mean its scale! Just because you are building some kind of SSMT doesnt mean its scale either. It takes ALOT to build a "scale" Mini, THIS DOESNT MEAN THEY ARENT ALLOWED, THEY ARE BUT keep in mind the "scale" factor.
A) This goes for large scale rigs as well IE 1/6 scale

7)Accesories. Having parts such as, but not limited too : Lights, tube/cage work, tube bumpers, winches, shovels, axes, water cans, fire extinguishers, roof racks, attennas, mirrors, wiper blades etc is a great way to make your rig more "scale" HOWEVER if you have a "stick" clod buster with a high lift jack on it that doesnt mean you have a scale truck...it means you have a scale accessory.

8 ) Keep in mind that this forum is for TECH info and build ups, use the search button and ask your questions in the correct forums

greg that spot was awsome only parking it risky!!! Camel_rc and i might be going scouting Sunday for some more spots like that in the same area. feel free to join if your not busy and in the hood!!

Arron Playa Del Ray was fun!!! there alots to crawl and unlimited paths and trail to make into courses!!!

I have one quick question about courses. How are we gunna go about designing them, are we gunna do it the day of the comp or what??

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 11:09 PM

Johnson420

heres the link of playa Del Ray!! great pics and some videos!!
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/35377-socal-crawl-6-11-06-photos.html

supercrawlerfreak 09-06-2006 11:17 PM

you guys are evil. not only are you actually gonna hold a comp but you do it when school starts and when I have no rigs:-( oohh well guess ill just watch

gregrocks90046 09-06-2006 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepyCrawler88
greg that spot was awsome only parking it risky!!! Camel_rc and i might be going scouting Sunday for some more spots like that in the same area. feel free to join if your not busy and in the hood!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Arron Playa Del Ray was fun!!! there alots to crawl and unlimited paths and trail to make into courses!!!

I have one quick question about courses. How are we gunna go about designing them, are we gunna do it the day of the comp or what??

i'd like to go scouting with you guys, but i'll be in moab! as far as laying out the courses, we could do it 30 to 60 minutes before the comp starts. either volunteers or draw numbers for the date/spot for course designers.

CreepyCrawler88 09-06-2006 11:28 PM

Oh yeah!! best of luck to you and who ever is going from socal to moad!! ill be rootin!!

Yeah thats a great idea!! maybe have teams, take everyone whos coming and just split it in half. then team one designs the first course, at the next team 2 designs that course!! so on and so forth, you know something elementary!!

I still wanna know about when we start and if you guys want a scale course.

CreepyCrawler88 09-07-2006 08:27 AM

Ok so i had an idea!! Everyone post up the spots they wanna go to. Then by the end of the weekend (sunday) i will start a new thread with a poll including every spot they posted. then the 6 spots that get the highest vote will be the 6 we go to!! Also to settle when we go on what dates, i thought maybe we can do this....the spot with the highest amount of votes will be last, and the least will be first. This way everyone will have something to look forward to by the end of the comp