Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2013 Axialfest - registration is now open!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2013 Axialfest - registration is now open!!

^ now were talkin, Awesome 6X
Got my spot A205, just need to go to RC shed to see which rig to bring
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Default AXIALFEST 2013 RECON G6 - CLASS / VEHICLE / STAGES / RULES / GUIDELINE - Intel

AXIALFEST 2013 RECON G6 - CLASS / VEHICLE / STAGES / RULES / GUIDELINE - Intel

ALL ABOARD! The G-Train is accepting all boarding passes to our craziest stop of the year, AXIALFEST. The AXIALFEST G6 Challenge is three stages of scale adventure challenge that will push driver & Axial based G-Ride to the edge of the High Sierra Nevada mistyque. Each of the day stages will present different obstacle & driver challenges. All leading up to the infamous AXIALFEST G6 night stage, a truly one of a kind experience that has a reputation for being fun.

PLEASE READ VERY THOROUGHLY! THIS IS JUST FOR THE RECON G6 Portion of the event. More info to come for RockRiot and Terra-X classes.

NO MORE STAGE BUDDY!
What is missing from the G6 Challenge is previous use of the “stage buddy,” thus no more walking pre-runs. Drivers will line up and head out to tackle the G6 Challenge. The bonus fun factor is drivers can pair up, drive in a group or tackle the stage like a lone wolf and hope the stage don’t bite first or you’ll be asking a fellow G6’er for some assistance. This concept is accomplished with a Driver Log Book and explained below.

TIME MANAGEMENT
A driver will still face several stages of RECON G6 adrenaline packed adventure, but a driver will face the stages while the clock ticks. For Ultra Driver, this means driving smooth, steady and fast! For the G6 Adventurist and Team Challenger time is on their side. They are going to need it, too, to complete the challenges that await them, but going too fast this this class can work against you and or your team as breakout times are in place but are not publicized until the end of the challenges.

YOUR GOAL: Finish all predetermined stages and complete all mandatory skill sections and driver challenges.

RECON G6 CLASS Specification:
There are three different classes with the RECON G6 portion of the weekend that a driver may choose to drive. A driver may only challenge themselves in one class per AXIALFEST RECON G6. [Please do not get this mixed up with RockRiot, UTAC, or Terra-X as these offer more driving time over the weekend].

Each class will offer a driver different levels of fun with different challenges and guidelines.

-G6 Ultra Driver – the class for the G6’er that pushes themselves to the extreme.
-G6 Adventurist – the premiere class that puts the F-U-N in adventure.
-G6 Wraith/2.2 – the fastest growing class, also known as the training wheel class.

The G6 Ultra Driver is the elite class of the G6 and will push a driver to the edge of endurance, driving prowess, and the off the chart challenges. This class is for drivers of 1.9 scale vehicles who take their scale challenge to the next level. An Ultra Driver will have to complete class specific stages and tasks and mandatory skill / driver challenges, twice. This class is a more like a rallycross style stage with a quicker pace and “oh my” mandatory challenges. Drivers of this class must use natural winch anchors only. There are no time restrictions for the Ultra Driver.

The G6 Adventurist is the staple class of the G6 Challenge and with the breakout time in play, a driver’s patience and driving talent will prevail in this class. Unsurpassed challenges and in the words of Axial Racing; “Go Overland, Do Adventure”, this defines the Axial SCX10, official truck of the RECON G6 Challenge™ and definitely defines the G6 Challenge Adventurist Class. This class is for drivers of 1.9 scale vehicles who enjoy a challenge. The Adventurist will demonstrate driving ability with more skill sections and more stage challenges and contend with the ever present breakout time. This is the class for the driver who realizes that finishing the adventure is the goal. Drivers may use natural winch anchor points or be assisted by other Adventurists by a tow strap, winch, or another drivers shoelace. The Adventurist may partner up with fellow Adventurist or several to experience the stage as a group and help each other reach the goal of finishing.

The AXIAL Wraith / 2.2 Class is for the Axial Wraith or “Wroncho” Driver. This class is for AX10 and OCP60 axles only.The driver will perform class specific mandatory skill sections and driver challenges. This class is also for the driver who likes to run 2.2 tires on their scale vehicle, aka “scaler training wheels”. All Axial Wraiths and 2.2 scale vehicles can use natural winch points or receive assistance from other G6’ers.

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS:
SCX10 / Wraith based vehicles must have Axial axles [Vanquish Products - Currie Axles acceptable], Axial transmission(s) housing [gears optional], and stock SCX10 chassis rails or Wraith chassis in order to be eligible to compete. Truggies that make use of the stock SCX10 frame rails are allowed.

- Tires may be 1.9, or 2.2, but must be a licensed manufactured tire or knock offs. Tires must resemble the real thing and can only be siped or grooved. No other alterations may be made.

- A minimum of 7 scale items must be attached and remain attached to the vehicle. This may include mandatory scale items that may be used on stage for recoveries.

- A tow strap is mandatory on all vehicles at every event. A tow strap may be used to assist or recover other drivers on stage.

- All scale recovery items/tools, must be attached to the vehicle and after their use, be placed back on the vehicle. This includes sand ramps, tow straps, and hi-lift jacks. The only exception is lug wrench or nut driver. Real tools may be on the driver.

- All classes are allowed to use dig and 4 wheel steering on their scalers if they choose.

Last edited by GCRad1; 06-05-2013 at 04:57 PM.
GCRad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Default Axialfest Stage Preview & Requirements - Rules and Guidelines

Axialfest Stage Preview & Requirements:
Stage 1,2,& 3 will feature unique challenges, terrain, & adventure. Each stage will be 300+/- trail markers & each class will have a class specific section. Ultra Drivers will face specific challenges each stage that will find a weakness in your driving ability.

Day-Time Stages
- A minimum of 7 scale items is mandatory for ALL stages.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A spare tire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A quarter is mandatory & must be carried on your Axial based G-Ride.
- A tow strap is mandatory for ALL stages.
- Sandramps are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Axialfest Drivers Meeting Challenge is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Axial axles, frame, & transmission are mandatory for ALL stages.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A spare tire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A scale boat is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

Night-Time Stages. Same as Day-Stages + More!
- Lights are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- One headlamp per driver is mandatory.
- A flashlight may be mounted on a driver’s radio.

RECON G6 Challenge™ Rules and Guidelines:
Rule #1 – NO HAND OF GOD aka: HOG or HOGing. A RECON G6 Challenge is all about driving. In keeping with the essence of the R/C scale scene a driver may not assist, stop, catch, or kick his/her vehicle. There are no penalties for winching or using your tow strap or for reverses, so DRIVE SMART! The penalty is a DQ for “HOGing” your scale vehicle. Performing on course repairs or having to touch your vehicle for recovery purposes is not “HOGing”. Picking your vehicle up out of water, mud, sand, or rolling it over onto its wheels with your hand is all examples of “HOGing” your vehicle, thus resulting in a disqualification.

Rule #2 – A driver can not drive through a trail marker and reverse back through it to avoid trail obstacles. This will result in a DQ. A stage is directional and a driver must maintain the intended direction of travel. Reversing through the trail marker in the intended direction is ok and may be required during mandatory reverse skill sections.

Rule #3 – Mandatory skill sections are just that, MANDATORY! They will be located throughout a stage and will have an entrance and exit. There may or may not be a trail marker at a mandatory skill section. This does not mean you can bypass the section. Each class will have a mandatory skill section and it will be marked with a class specific color boundary. A driver must drive their mandatory skill section, only.

Rule #4 – HAVE FUN! The RECON G6 Challenge is just that; a CHALLENGE. Each class has different parameters that must be met, but you are only cheating yourself out of one of the best experiences you will have with your r/c scaler by not driving with integrity and the willingness to perform each challenge in the spirit of scale r/c.

General RECON G6 Guidelines:

Stage Format:

- Each stage will take a driver through various terrain conditions and return them to G-Central where a driver may pit for repairs, eat lunch, or full fill a mandatory pit. Some drivers may choose to continue on with the next stage, but all vehicle break-downs that happen on stage, must be repaired at the spot of the breakage. Taking the time to pit, may save a driver from a lengthy on stage repair. Repairs that cannot be made on stage can be made in the pits, but the driver must return to the spot of the breakage after the repairs are made.

-Trail Markers – Trail Markers are numbered and different colors to mark the stage route and direction of travel. The red trail marker is always on a driver’s right and is the intended direction of travel through the trail marker. The left trail marker denotes the stage a driver is on. White, Blue, or Yellow are examples of possible stage colors. A driver may not straddle a trail marker. A driver must get all 4 tires through the trail marker. If a driver dislodges a trail marker or steps on a trail marker, that driver is responsible for putting that trail marker back into position.

- Stage Boundaries – There are several types of stage boundaries. A sponsored stage boundary is a boundary that displays G6 sponsors and is the only boundary section of a stage that multiple drivers can be in at the same time. All other boundaries are one driver at a time inside the boundary. A Pink boundary is always a time bonus; whether it is a driving section or a driver task, pink = time bonus. Orange ribbon marks 1.9 mandatory skill sections. Yellow ribbon marks Ultra Drivers mandatory skill sections. Blue ribbon marks the Wraith and 2.2 skill sections. All of the above mentioned boundary markers, if touched by a driver’s vehicle is a penalty. If a pink ribbon is touched, no time bonus will be awarded and the driver must finish the section and mark his/her boundary penalty.

- Mandatory Skill Sections are marked with the appropriate boundary ribbon and must be driven. A mandatory skill section may be driving through mud, water, snow, sand, or a taco stand. A driver may be asked to drive up or down a steep grade, handle a tarmac track or hook up to a pull sled and attempt a full pull. A mandatory skill is designed to test the driver’s ability and his/her vehicle’s capability.

-G-Tags [15 min] – G-Tags are additional placards on a trail marker. Think of a G-Tag as a check point. G-Tags will be placed along a stage and will be in a specific order. A driver that misses a trail marker with a G-Tag will receive a time penalty.

- Driver Challenges are tasks that the driver must complete. A driver never knows what he or she will have to do, but rest assured, it will provide spectators (and myself) entertainment. Some examples of past tasks have been hopscotch, airsoft target shooting, or reaching into a bucket of guts for a time bonus. I love driver challenges.

- Stage Challenges have drivers keeping their eyes wide open for objects of desire. A stage challenge that a driver completes may net them a time bonus or even swag.

- “Not Mandatory, but Highly Recommended”, is a phrase often used to describe an event specific task. As stated, these tasks are not mandatory, but highly recommended and would behoove a driver to participate in this task.

- Stage etiquette should be adhered to at all times. Make 3 attempts at a trail obstacle and then winch or receive assistance from a fellow G6’er. Drive smart. There is no penalty for winching or having a fellow G6’er assist you. Faster drivers have the right of way.

- All scale items must remain attached to the vehicle. If a tow strap or sand ramp has to be used, it has to be replaced back on the vehicle. Keeping a recovery item in your pocket is unacceptable. The number of scale items may change depending on the G6. In addition, a specific scale item may be required. A driver must meet these changing requirements.

- Time Bonuses [5 min] - There are two types of time bonuses that a driver can earn. First, a driving time bonus must be completed cleanly to earn. If a driver has to assist their vehicle in any way or a boundary marker is touched by the vehicle, no time bonus will be awarded and the section must be completed before a driver can move on, even if this means winching out of the section or being pulled out by a fellow G6’er. The second is a driver’s challenge. A driver must successfully complete the task to be earn the time bonus.

- Driver’s Meeting Challenge is an online challenge that a driver must successfully complete to receive a time bonus or swag at the driver’s meeting.

Driver Log Book
The Driver Log book has replaced the stage buddy. Participants will all be on stage driving. The driver log book must be maintained at all times and the necessary information must be logged or the driver will receive a time penalty for an incomplete log book. Trail Markers, Stage Boundaries, G-Tags, Mandatory Skill Sections, Driver Challenges and Time Bonuses are examples of what a driver will track in their logbook. Drivers Log Books will be issued at G6 Central prior to setting out onto Stage-1.

What has not changed is the pure adventure that each RECON G6 brings. Drivers better read the intel thoroughly, because each RECON G6 is different in one way or another and that will never change. If you love driving your R/C scaler as much as we do and you breathe adventure, then light the lipos and come get your scaler fix in the Axialfest G6!

------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Brian Parker of RECON G6 and his crew and the whole Axial Adventure Crew welcome you to a fun packed weekend and looking forward to seeing you there!

OK, while I am posting... In attendance this year from Axial HQ:
Jeff Johns - Vice President
Brad Dumont - Marketing
Brandon Coonce - R&D Design
Scott Kerkes - Dealer Support
ScottG - Marketing
Rodney Wills - Marketing
GCRad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axialfest Stage Preview & Requirements - Rules and Guidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRad1 View Post

OK, while I am posting... In attendance this year from Axial HQ:
Jeff Johns - Vice President
Brad Dumont - Marketing
Brandon Coonce - R&D Design
Scott Kerkes - Dealer Support
ScottG - Marketing
Rodney Wills - Marketing
Nice, we have a full slate of celebrities this year.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #45
RCC Addict

my 6x6 chassis is not axial, it is a custom chassis from Europe... it is built with 3 axial axles. axial trans, axial shocks. Does that mean I can't run it at axialfest? One of Axials team drivers used a 6x in the utac last year that had hardly any axial parts on it, custom 1 off axles on a custom chassis
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
my 6x6 chassis is not axial, it is a custom chassis from Europe... it is built with 3 axial axles. axial trans, axial shocks. Does that mean I can't run it at axialfest? One of Axials team drivers used a 6x in the utac last year that had hardly any axial parts on it, custom 1 off axles on a custom chassis
Also, what constitutes Axial axles & why the trans too?

My axles are axial based, but the only part from axial is the ring & pinion.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

I have to agree with DTP - the trans part takes my 2.2 rig out.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I have to agree with DTP - the trans part takes my 2.2 rig out.
Would eliminate both my 1.9 & 2.2.

They both look like Axial trans, one even looks exactly like a Wraith trans. but neither has a single "Axial" part.

The trans can be built entirely with aftermarket parts so I don't see the point of making everyone use stock parts.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Last year I ran bpc chassis rails all running gear was axial. Didn't have any issues I hope I'm still good this year with the same setup. I hope this gets cleared up before we all show up there. I'm thinking they just dont want venom or losi crawlers. Just my thoughts.
mtbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Im lost on the whole axial thing as only axial gears and wraith skid plate are used on my tube buggy with summit 2 speed trans.. And correct me if I am wrong but i looks like if I run 2.2 tires im in the wraith class?
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #51
Rock Stacker

Just pre ordered my ticket and got my camp site reserved soo excited for this
M.yaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I understand why they are saying axial based - it is AxialFest. A lot of auto makers use todo the same thing back in the day......
"Come to VW fest to spend the weekend with like minded people."

But even then no one got turned away for a Porsche motor in the back of a Bug.

I can only hope this will be the same. As Axial is one of our hobbies biggest supporters.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I have an RC4WD 2-speed transmission in my 1.9 D90. It's built as a replacement for the Wraith. I do have an SCX10 chassis and axles though....
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #54
Im Brandon

You guys are fine. The rules are simply there to keep the event pure and fun for Axial fans.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
You guys are fine. The rules are simply there to keep the event pure and fun for Axial fans.
Thanks for the Good News!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #56
RCC Addict

I think as long as you have Axial in the rig or aftermarket parts designed for anything Axial, no one is going to turn you away from the events. It's all about fun all weekend!
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I think as long as you have Axial in the rig or aftermarket parts designed for anything Axial, no one is going to turn you away from the events. It's all about fun all weekend!
Well said
mtbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I have only given out 3 likes, you got 2 of them NLUV. You better get your Dad Badger to come.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

So i heard a rumor that we have to float our scalers down river!!wow . And knowing parker and his ideas for the most craziest and insane challenges and highly recommed scale items this should well top last year!!!!!!!!

Last edited by zonkerd; 05-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Hmmm, commence inflatable skiff production pronto.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote

2013 Axialfest - registration is now open!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Idaho at Axialfest 2013 ZNO-RC Idaho 9 06-26-2013 12:04 AM
Axialfest 2013? BentMetaL General Scale Talk 2 05-19-2013 02:17 PM
Axialfest 2012 @ Cisco Grove eventbright registration is live halfcab Competitions 34 06-18-2012 02:55 PM
Rocas Rojo 2011 registration is open TURTLE Colorado 19 07-16-2011 07:42 PM
Registration is now open for AWCC MR.VERTICAL Past RCCA qualifiers 55 06-22-2011 08:33 PM