Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Recon G6 style event help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Landy mad

Default Recon G6 style event help.

Looking to try and organise an event of this type as a progress from our usual scale competition courses so that people get more driving time in.

I may be thinking about this too much and getting myself all confused so am looking for some pointers as to how to set up and run one.

Does anyone have a picture of one of their score cards they could post up?

Do people use what is posted on reconcrawlers as a basic guideline and then make your own rules as you see fit?

Do you all put mandatory skill sections in and if so are these contained within the main course?

Probably not going to have masses of people enter so I think I could get away with setting everyone off at the same time rather than stagger so the timekeeping is simplified.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
wallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Recon G6 style event help.

to start .... I would leave out the skill section and start with the basics, the rules on the recon site are a great place to start and not even change the more rules = the more complicated and open to interpretation and trouble

the current G6's are a lemans style start and yes the skill sections are set within the course

Last edited by halfcab; 06-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

here's the latest scorecard,

THANK YOU FAST EDDIE BEARINGS, the "official" bearing of the RECON G6.

stamps, stickers, hole punches box. Parker places these items on the trail at various locations to ensure you drive all the trail markers. missing one of these is a 15 to 30 minute penalty added to your time.

notes box, is for anything out of the ordinary you might see or find, e.g. trail marker missing, tree chewed on by beaver, homeless encampment, skipped trail markers 31-33 due to bee hive, anything.

Parker has a treasure hunt at every one and places trinkets on the trail usually related to the event theme for you too find. they have a time bonus for finding and carrying on your rig at the finish. the grand prize is usually worth 30 minutes. at one event you had to collect letters and figure out the saying for the time bonus.

there are only the 4 rules Recon uses, it is up to the drivers honor as to keeping it real. if you roll on your lid and have to move your rig to get your winch line, put it back how it was, then winch out, and continue on. i will move my rig out of the way if needed for a battery change then put it back when done.

halfcab's advice is good to follow for the first one. get some input from drivers for changes at the next one. i've watched the G6 from the first one, evolve to what it is today, because Parker listens and will try something new to see if it helps the experience.

hope this helps and always remember rule #4 "have fun"
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
Landy mad

Thanks for the help.

I like the idea of keeping it simple for our first attempt
wallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:27 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Reviving a long dead thread I know. Just curious if anyone knew of ready made, generic score cards similar to this that could be ordered. Or even a file that could be taken to a print shop, to save some time of having to design our own.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Recon G6 style event help. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 RECON G6 & RECON Terra-X Event Schedule DRIVNMF Recon G6 100 11-20-2013 10:46 AM
Doc's koh buggy at axials recon king of the hammer event The Doc Scale Videos! 3 03-02-2013 08:00 PM
WV Trail Run Recon Style CaptainSafety West Virginia 33 04-16-2012 07:05 PM
G6 style or TTC event? 4ONDFLR Virginia 11 10-02-2011 06:40 AM
RECON Folsom G6 Blues event in Folsom, Ca SoCo Crawlgirl Videos! 7 03-25-2011 09:17 PM