Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2013 Southern California REGIONALS. June 29th.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2013 Southern California REGIONALS. June 29th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paystin View Post
Gonna have to skip this one then.
Your going to skip this years Regionals (which you won last year) just because it starts at 10am instead of 9am? Put your big boy pants back on and come out with the rest of us.

We got the san diego crew driving 2.5 hrs and some Tehachapi fools bout the same and thats not to mention if any BYB try to come. We are going to be IN THE HEAT regardless of the start time. Hope you change your mind but if not its cool with me maybe I get 1st instead of 2nd this year? In a perfect world we would be able to just let everyone have everything they want at anytime but no matter what SOMEONES gotta bitch about it. Im over it.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #22
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

HEY FUGGER!!!

Oh wait. You didnt call me a faggot. You called me a fag. You called BRYCE a faggot. Phew. I thought we were gonna have words dog. But we good

I have the longest drive outside of the BYBs but personally....I dont mind the early start. For those of us that commute...We either start early or get home late.

If it went to a vote...Id vote early start since we always start early & if it were being held in SD, would likely be starting early...so why change it? But (I cant believe Im about to agree with Jim ) like he said...somebody's gonna be bummed regardless. Just how the world works. That being said...I know that Chris had family plans for that afternoon based on the fact that we DO usually start early so I get his frustration too.

In other words...I got nothin. Im just glad Jim didnt call me a faggot.

J-Dizzle....OUT!
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Not to derail this "discussion", but are there usually 4 or 5 courses in a Regional? or is there a set rule?
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #24
no talent hack

Jim and I talked about the start time prior to posting the 10 am start. Since each club is responsible for setting up their own courses, that means we have to leave at 630 just to get there by 9. Which leaves an hour to decide on rock and build courses for the 10am start. I could care less how i personally do at the event, but there are four other drivers, that have ran a ten comp season to qualify for regionals. i dont think its fair to ask them to be up at 5 am or earlier just to get there on time.

I don't get how this is a big deal to everyone, every year regionals has a later start time, and it has never been an issue. Am i in the wrong for asking for a later start time in order to give the San Diego drivers a fighting chance at doing well and earning a nationals invite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
I have the longest drive outside of the BYBs but personally....I dont mind the early start. For those of us that commute...We either start early or get home late.

If it went to a vote...Id vote early start since we always start early & if it were being held in SD, would likely be starting early...so why change it?
Negative on the longest drive. Just checked and Zach has an almost 3 hour drive

You obviously have no idea on how start times in San Diego work. In fact, the further south the location, the later the start time is. We do it as a courtesy to the people who are making the effort to drive down and comp with us.

Last edited by Nabil; 06-17-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxialNut View Post
Not to derail this "discussion", but are there usually 4 or 5 courses in a Regional? or is there a set rule?
Regionals always has an even number of courses set up by each club. The number of course will end up being some multiple of 3 (3,6,9,...).
Old 06-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabil View Post
Jim and I talked about the start time prior to posting the 10 am start. Since each club is responsible for setting up their own courses, that means we have to leave at 630 just to get there by 9. Which leaves an hour to decide on rock and build courses for the 10am start. I could care less how i personally do at the event, but there are four other drivers, that have ran a ten comp season to qualify for regionals. i dont think its fair to ask them to be up at 5 am or earlier just to get there on time.

I don't get how this is a big deal to everyone, every year regionals has a later start time, and it has never been an issue. Am i in the wrong for asking for a later start time in order to give the San Diego drivers a fighting chance at doing well and earning a nationals invite?

You obviously have no idea on how start times in San Diego work. In fact, the further south the location, the later the start time is. We do it as a courtesy to the people who are making the effort to drive down and comp with us.
Hmmm...Ive never had that courtesy handed to me so excuse my surprise. I think claiming the early wake up as a reason you may or may not drive well is kinda silly myself but thats just me.

Like I said...I dont care either way but IF I had a vote...Id vote for the earlier start time simply so I could get home earlier. Ya see that? IF is the operative word there bruh. But whatevers clever. Like I already posted...theres no way to make everyone happy. You Dago boys like to start late...we like to start early. Is what it is. I'll be there regardless. Ya hurrrrd.

Now stop being so defensive Jabil. I know I make you nervous but no need to start getting all wound up.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #27
no talent hack

Not defensive at all, just wanted to provide some insight as to why the later start was agreed upon.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #28
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Not defensive at all, just wanted to provide some insight as to why the later start was agreed upon.
How bout nervous? Ya nervous? Yeah.....yer nervous. Ya big nervous guy you.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I think it's GREAT that all three clubs worked together to come up with a start time..and put together this years regionals... thanks for the effort SDRCRC, WCRCC, and Socal. they even worked together to work it so that any driver can drive (not qualify for nat's but at least drive)...a first that I know of for our region....GOOD TIMES are coming...heat or not....

Home Depot has water misters... 99c store has spray bottles and Vallartas has sun hats... for those worried the heat!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

The drive for me is going to suck...but I'm up for it... bitches.... With this year's start time/location I'm gonna have to DRAG my ass out of bed by 9... damn...that's early.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #30
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
but no matter what SOMEONES gotta bitch about it. Im over it.
Sucks when its on the otherside.

Quote:
HEY FUGGER!!!

Oh wait. You didnt call me a faggot. You called me a fag. You called BRYCE a faggot. Phew. I thought we were gonna have words dog. Held in SD, would likely be starting early...so why change it? But (I cant believe Im about to agree with Jim ) like he said...somebody's gonna be bummed regardless. Just how the world works. That being said...I know that Chris had family plans for that afternoon based on the fact that we DO usually start early so I get his frustration too.

In other words...I got nothin. Im just glad Jim didnt call me a faggot.

J-Dizzle....OUT!
Been called worse by better people.

Quote:

Lets just settle it. Everyone but a selected few have a short drive.
Doubt anyone cares, but I'm out. If this is how its going to be on a thread, looks like a good time when the comp starts.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Your going to skip this years Regionals (which you won last year) just because it starts at 10am instead of 9am? Put your big boy pants back on and come out with the rest of us.

We got the san diego crew driving 2.5 hrs and some Tehachapi fools bout the same and thats not to mention if any BYB try to come. We are going to be IN THE HEAT regardless of the start time. Hope you change your mind but if not its cool with me maybe I get 1st instead of 2nd this year? In a perfect world we would be able to just let everyone have everything they want at anytime but no matter what SOMEONES gotta bitch about it. Im over it.

Yes Jim, I am going to skip this years regionals because it doesn't start @ 9:00 a.m. You nailed it as usual. Seeing you had to open your mouth and spout off, I'll go ahead and explain why I won't be "putting my big boy pants back on and joining the rest of you".

First off, being a single dad of two young kids allows me very limited "personal time" to do the things I like to do. I have to cram in four weekends of personal stuff into two and that includes everything from dating to driving toy trucks. While I understand that this is no one else's problem besides my own, you trying to call me out like a bitch on here without truly understanding what's going on (not the first time either) seriously pisses me off. This has nothing to do with it being to hot to drive because clearly I can, have and will again drive in extreme heat because I like doing this. I simply asked a question as to why we wouldn't try to beat some (not all) of the heat and your response was shitty as usual.

Quote:

This leads me to my second point. It's not the usual late start time for the Regionals that is an issue for me (and me only) it's that there will be the majority of the So Cal crawling universe driving at this comp which is going to make for one long ass day on the rocks. If it was the usual 15 guys driving then maybe I could bust out the courses and get out of there but that won't be the case this time so I simply can't make it. No complaining anywhere on my part.

I wish all of the drivers luck and I hope it's a good day out on the rocks. See ya at Nationals in September.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:25 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:
Is there a reason we can't get this going much earlier instead of starting to drive @ 11:00 a.m? I think the AZ shootout showed us that driving in that kind of heat in the middle of the day sucks balls.
Some of US have a long drive and we didnt want to have to leave at 5am to get there in time is why they started it at 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dude View Post
Cause the locals don't get out of bed till 9:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-wray View Post
Some have early morning tanning appointments
Gay

Quote:
How long does it take to paint yerself orange?
Fag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenwheely View Post
Roller or spay on?
Faggit

This is for all ya'll

and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word. See you in the middle of the day for a good ol fashion show down. Shouldnt be over 100º and no breeze so quit yer bitchin.
And this is for you

TEAM DEBEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
While I understand that this is no one else's problem besides my own, you trying to call me out like a bitch on here without truly understanding what's going on (not the first time either) seriously pisses me off.
You considered THAT calling you out? Lol, I was in no way "calling you out" but if you read it that way so be it.

Quote:
This leads me to my second point. It's not the usual late start time for the Regionals that is an issue for me (and me only) it's that there will be the majority of the So Cal crawling universe driving at this comp which is going to make for one long ass day on the rocks. If it was the usual 15 guys driving then maybe I could bust out the courses and get out of there but that won't be the case this time so I simply can't make it. No complaining anywhere on my part.

I wish all of the drivers luck and I hope it's a good day out on the rocks. See ya at Nationals in September.
This is DEFINITELY my fault and I am an ass for trying to think we could make regionals a bit more exciting this year. I will take full responsibility for the idea of inviting other drivers to join us at this years Regional event. I did not for see it making the day longer for the 15 that earned their spot and therefore some of them not being able to attend. Its funny how an act I felt would be a cool thing backfires and guys who ARENT EVEN IN THE REGIONALS come on and put their 2 cents in as well. I guess I have learned yet another lesson and that is to leave well enough (no matter how shitty) alone and just go with the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM DEBEAD View Post
And this is for you

Not THAT is a genuinely funny. Those other guys comments about my "Oh you work out side everyday" tan were not so funny but I appreciate the effort on this one. I cant help it if I'm beautiful guys.

For those guys listed below that DID get an invite to the regional event, I apologize if my invitation to local members messed up your schedules as it was not my intent. Nabil and I spoke and felt 10am would be best for all clubs. If you are not on the below list and would like to come to the event it will be starting at 10am like it or not.

Top 5 drivers from WCRCC:

1. dwray - Dave Wray
2. RockinRich - Rich Boltz
3. Illeagle - Jim Hopper
4. Slowmo - Chad Miller
5. Paystin - Chris Dahl

Top 5 drivers from Socalrcrc:

1. Chris
2. Jerry
3. Dave
4. Aaron
5. Rich

Top 5 drivers from SDRCRC:

1. Nabil Jamili
2. Tom Brown
3. Don Hughes
4. Ryan Hughes
5. Zach Brown
Old 06-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

I didn't make any of those lists but really do enjoy playing with toy trucks and hangin with ike minded individuals.
I am glad you decided to allow us mediocre drivers one more comp before Nats.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Forecast shows 106° for Saturday but I heard more like 111°. Gunna be some fun for sure.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #36
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

I heard the traction on Satan's balls is great at those temps.
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Forecast shows 106° for Saturday but I heard more like 111°. Gunna be some fun for sure.
Can LiPo's Melt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaldidDog View Post
I heard the traction on Satan's balls is great at those temps.
lol No chit! The tires are gonna weld to the rocks....
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
SoCalRCRC:
Fixed it for ya!....

I'm not going to make this one. Between the spatting online and the crazy high temps in the forecast, I'm kinda glad I'm busy.

Everybody have a good time out there, stay cool.
axelsnapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelsnapr View Post
Fixed it for ya!....

I'm not going to make this one. Between the spatting online and the crazy high temps in the forecast, I'm kinda glad I'm busy.

Everybody have a good time out there, stay cool.
Ummm whadya fix Jerry? Looks like the same spelling to me?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #40
RCP CRAWLERS

just a quick suggestion .... have the 15 drivers run all 6 courses first ...before any other drivers
that way the finalist don't have to drive in the afternoon sun or drive on chewed up courses.
looks like it will go quickly ...sorry guys....I don't think I can make it either.
ZoSo is offline   Reply With Quote

2013 Southern California REGIONALS. June 29th. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southern California 2013 Summer Shafty Series Illeagle Competitions 12 08-06-2013 01:38 AM
2012 Southern California Regionals Nabil Competitions 25 06-25-2012 04:52 PM
Southern California Regionals Results Frankenwheely Competition Results 5 06-25-2012 08:12 AM
2011 Southern California Regionals Scores Nabil Competition Results 0 06-13-2011 09:18 PM
Southern California Regionals Results Johnson420 Competition Results 0 06-21-2009 10:24 AM