Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Recon G6

Notices

Thread: RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada

RECON G6 "The Fix" 18 hour Endurance Challenge

The Fix G6 is an 18 hour endurance challenge. The format is simple, one stage with multiple loops. Each loop has unique challenges and opportunities for time bonuses or time penalties. Drivers can experience the Fix G6 as a 3 driver team or for the ultimate Fix G6 experience, as an individual.

A Fix G6 Team consists of 3 drivers, one truck, and teamwork. Drivers will share driving duties as they seem choose. For example, drivers can divide driving duties up by time or by the different loops on the stage. What Teams may not do is change a driver during a loop on the stage. A driver that starts a specific loop, must finish that loop before a driver change can be made.

As an individual G6’er taking the 18 hour endurance G6 Fix solo is the ultimate radio control scale adventure challenge in the World. It will be you against a stage of multiple loops that will push you to new driving heights. There is no greater individual bragging rights than finishing the Fix G6 as a solo driver.

The RECON G6 Fix 18 hour Endurance Challenge Intel

When: Friday August 2nd, 2013
Where: Warrior Point at Pyramid Lake, NV
Driver Check In: 6:00pm to 8pm
Drivers Meeting: 8:30pm followed by the National Anthem
Start Time: 9:00pm
G-Fee: Teams -$60 a team or $20 per driver. Solo Drivers - $40

The following is for both teams and solo drivers.
- A Pyramid lake Camping permit is required. They are $9 per day and can be purchased at the marina or lake store or they can be purchased at Dads Quick Mart, https://plus.google.com/107568373188...ut?gl=us&hl=en or 7-11 at the corner of Pyramid Way and Eagle Canyon Rd or the quick shop on the opposite corner.
- Tow straps are mandatory.
- A winch is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Sand ramps are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A Spare Tire is Mandatory and will be used. The spare tire must be kept on your truck at all times.
- A list of all parts that you run on your truck is mandatory and must be turned in to G-Central during driver check in.
- Teams must turn in a list of their drivers.
- Teams and Solo Drivers may have two mechanics for their G-Ride. Each Mechanic must be listed and besides the driver, is the only person(s) able to perform repairs or maintenance on the G-Ride.
- Two 30 minute rest stops are mandatory and G-Rides will be impounded during the stops at G-Central. No repairs or maintenance can be performed during this time.
- All repairs made to a G-Ride, must be logged and reported to G-Central.
- 10 scale items are mandatory and must be kept on the truck at all time. Random checks may be performed and time penalties issued if items are missing.
- Having stickers of the manufacturers that are represented on your truck is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Pit row will be for teams and solo drivers. It is first come first serve on pit locations. Power for chargers will be available if you do not have your own. All drivers will pass by their pits after every loop of the stage, so strategy, battery charging, and rest stops will be part of the challenge.
- Drivers may have spectators on stage with them, but cannot receive any assistance from them. A team and driver can only receive assistance from fellow competitors and/or listed mechanics.
- For all sponsored teams and drivers. List your sponsor and the sponsor sticker is mandatory on your G-Ride.

The RECON G6 Fix 18 hour Endurance Challenge is the only event where manufacturers can earn the RECON G6 Certification for their products that survive 18 hours of various terrain, day and night driving, and all the unexpected adventure that only a RECON G6 can deliver.

Any "Fix" G6'er is welcome to drive in the night stage of the Cure G6 if they have would like to get more G6 driving in!

Special Thanks to all the RECON G6 Sponsors.

The RECON G6 “The Cure”

The Cure is what every G6’er needs to get their scaler fix, in a RECON G6. The Cure G6 will give every G6’er who is not up for an 18 hour endurance challenge, a chance to drive on part of the soon to be legendary “RECON G6 Fix” stage with soon to be legendary RECON G6’ers. The Cure, is the quintessential RECON G6 radio control scale adventure.

The RECON G6 Cure will feature a day stage and a night stage at the most requested location to return too, Warriors Point at Pyramid Lake, Nevada. This location has the honor of being the first ever RECON G6 night stage. The mystery surrounding Pyramid Lake is only surpassed by the overall spiritual experience that this lake provides.

The RECON G6 Cure Intel

When: Saturday August 3rd, 2013
Where: Warrior Point at Pyramid Lake, Nevada
Driver Check in: 10:00am – 11:00am
Drivers Meeting: 11:30am. Followed by the National. Followed by the start of the Cure G6.
G-Fee: $25 Ultra, Adventurists. $40 Teams of two sharing one truck. $15 for 15yrs and younger.

- A Pyramid lake Camping permit is required. They are $9 per day and can be purchased at the marina or lake store or they can be purchased at Dads Quick Mart, https://plus.google.com/107568373188...ut?gl=us&hl=en or 7-11 at the corner of Pyramid Way and Eagle Canyon Rd or the quick shop on the opposite corner.
- A tow strap is mandatory.
- Sand ramps are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- 7 scale items are mandatory.
- 5 scale medical items are not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Having a scale nurse as a co-driver is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Wearing scrubs or a nurse or doctor attire during the night stage is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- A spare tire is not mandatory, but highly recommended.

The RECON G6 Cure is just what the Doctor prescribes for radio control scale adventurists!

Do Work, G6'ers and say "Ahhhhhh"

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada

Directions are straight forward;

From Sactown...

Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions

From Reno...

From Moose Jaw, SK, Canada...

Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Awesome
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

"i am ironman"
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I can't believe I have to miss this. I'm sick to my stomach. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
ski29mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

G-Leak Alert

The Fix Stage will consist of several loops that make up the stage. One loop will be a "biathlon" style loop. Yes, you will have to drive to shooting stations and hit targets for time bonuses.

The question is, since I watch a specific shooting show, what will a G6'er be using to hit the targets?
Old 07-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Hopefully it's a GUN!!
ski29mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Parker the cure is a two stage? What time is the night run?
OGXXXOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGXXXOG View Post
Parker the cure is a two stage? What time is the night run?
Yes. The night stage will start at dusk.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post

The question is, since I watch a specific shooting show, what will a G6'er be using to hit the targets?
Duck Dynasty is not a "shooting show" , but they have some great ideas. Quack. Quack.
sumquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

18 Hrs....!! Id luv to do it but just reading it makes my feet hurt..! but, Ill be there to throw down some 6 to the G..
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #12
Y-Town Crawlers

Wish I could be there!! I've wanted to drive an event like this for years!
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #13

Awesome! Hoping I can make it out to this one.
ryanarroyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanarroyo View Post
Awesome! Hoping I can make it out to this one.
Need a copilot, I need to share a ride up there, I am on vaca this week so I can leave when ever, might be able to hook up a room in Reno also

Last edited by halfcab; 07-29-2013 at 12:53 PM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Attention all RECON G6 Fix Drivers

Carter Fab & Design has some new nuts, wheel nuts that is. You can read about them here; Wheel Nuts..G6 Approved!!

Endurance G6'ers, these will be available for you to use, but there is a limited supply. Eddie Fisher and Josh Harris, Carter Fab Team Driver used and abused these at the Pit Bull Rock Beast Blues RECON G6 and they performed flawlessly.

If you are interested in running these during the Fix 18 hour endurance event, see me during driver check in.

Thank you, Carter Fab!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Axial Racing has a passion for the hobby and when it comes to an event that is destined to be the industries proving grounds for product testing, they are in. Axial Racing also knows that for future drivers, this is the event every aspiring driver needs on their sponsorship resume. After all, the RECON G6 is for drivers, by drivers and that's r/c gospel. Axial Racing knows this and they are excited to be a part of another first from the mind of someone that RC Car Action calls a "Revolutionary on the Rocks".

I am talking about the 18 hour RECON Fix endurance event. Axial Racing will be rewarding the top solo driver or "iron man" or what I call the "Mouse Man" after Mouse McCoy. Yes, I'm a Dust to Glory nut. Ask Chasinbaja of the Baja Bandits my lust for desert racing.

Axial Racing, Axial Racing - High End Remote Control Products and Accessories , will be rewarding the top "Mouse Man" an RTR Axial Wraith Rock Racer. Here is the skinny on the Wraith, Axial Racing - Axial Wraith 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR

Thank You, Axial Racing!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Awesome news! This event will test both "Man and Machine"! You have never pushed the limits of you or your rig like this!!!
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

I have no compliants.... I think most are just going to rip up some high end rigs for 18hrs... To win a rig for pulling a 1st, ...BONUS!
How bout next year, we take stock rtrs with only a few minor tweaks and run em 18 hrs...? Kinda like the Trail rated Jk Rubicon.....?
scottanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanthony View Post
I have no compliants.... I think most are just going to rip up some high end rigs for 18hrs... To win a rig for pulling a 1st, ...BONUS!
How bout next year, we take stock rtrs with only a few minor tweaks and run em 18 hrs...? Kinda like the Trail rated Jk Rubicon.....?
We will see you out there, Mr. Anthony.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Can't believe I'm gonna miss this. Must be something about Pyramid Lake, because whenever a G6 is held there I seem to have to work.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote

RECON G6 "The Fix" & "The Cure" Pyramid Lake Nevada - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RECON G6 Challenge "The Superlift Southern Showdown G6" & "Outlaw Terra-X" DRIVNMF Recon G6 227 10-19-2012 10:26 AM