Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgeroth View Post
Had to let a little time go by before i asked this question because i didn't want the Parker fan bois to get too upset...Title says it all "What happened?

I am part of a scaler group in northern california that gets together about every weekend for some type of event...I have been to many G6's and many many more local comps and have to ask what the heck is Parker thinking or not thinking? Prices of the G6 are atleast twice what any other comp in my area charges and prizes lately have been absolutle garbage infact i know of sponsors who are dropping him due to this crap...Hell to even see parker put up an event tent these days is asking too much...What gives? Where did this way more for way less come in to play?

Let's talk about Axialfest....Did you all know that the only people who where eligible for a prize at the give away that night where the ones that pre-registered? So basically if you kick them money up front youll get a (pre determined)gift if not you just get a bill and middle finger...What rocket scientist thought that was good to alienate half the people? I can honestly say of the 20+ people in my group I am the only person that got what axial said we would for pre registering and when Parker was asked about it his answer was to try to get my buddy to go for a walk in the woods so he could show him his "other side"...and I know of atleast 3 families with kids who got screwed out of the give away that was decided on the fly to not include them....Horrible way to treat your customers....

I dont have any idea how a G6 is back east and they may be top notch but here in northern California G6 is bar far the worst of the comps in our area and thats sad because Parker does make a nice course...
So I was a part of this incident and I am a part of Recon G6, not wanting to go back and fourth about what happened and what didnt. I will say I am sorry your experience with Recon G6 has been unpleasant or not up to your local gsrcc (sorry if I got it wrong, I have never heard of it) events. I can say most G6'ers come to these events for the experience along with the pure drive time and driver challenge you get with every course. Should a person get finishing prizes its just gravy on a great experience. I am not sure what you are getting at about the "Putting up a tent is to much to ask" thing. Are you meaning spending time on a sat map to look for best terrain possible, then arriving days in advance to scout trails, then set up G central, then set 600 trail markers, and host the event is nothing at all? I am confused. We travel cross country and I would like to think people enjoy what we do, I can tell you first hand Parker has a work ethic that is hard to keep up with, I come from the oil and natural gas fields so that says a lot. As far as Axial is concerned its called AXIALFEST because they want to show customer appreciation and bring an exclusive event to you. Pre-registering is a bonus that EVERYONE has the oppertunity to do. I dont feel its a horrible way to treat your customers for offering something for pre-reg. If the point of your going is to pay the fee but expect to recieve items worth more than you spent, I would say maybe your being a little unrealistic. Just my thoughts. How do you feel about McDonalds monopoly game? My friend won a free quarter pounder, my wife won a small fry, myself and my 1 year old won nothing and I paid for everyones meal... Point is we went because we were hungry, not because I was set on winning free stuff. Maybe I need to go check out your event, who doesnt want awesome free stuff. You said its way better stuff, Axial Did Cars, Vanquish did custom axles, Rigid industries did lights, poison spider did diff covers, one guy got an exhaust, I wont lie I am excited to win something like that at your event. Everyone wins right? I wouldnt want to drive all that way and feel like you do now. I drive Parker courses so I am not convinced the courses are worth it, but the prizes are the whole reason to attend your event. If I take my kids do they all win that stuff too? WOW! Also I am very curious about these sponsors dropping G6 you speak of, dont be shy and speak up. Thats some important info to me, I am listening.
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgSmarTguy View Post
This years axial fest was ran by a bunch of monkeys !! What a joke..
lets see you do a 3 day event with over 150 people. if you can do better shut up and do it
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

[/QUOTE]
So to sum up..
Go circle jerk with your buddies if you don't like it..
we wont miss you.[/QUOTE]

That is how I feel.... you are by far the biggest douche bag that a G6 has EVER seen.

More importantly, why would one try to "Set things straight" in the middle of terra X? Most adults that I know would have waited and patiently explained the problem. Instead of throwing their bag and stomping their feet like a five year old.
As a man of your mental capacity, knowing all things, and how the world works, you should know that things are not created equal.

I cannot believe that there is an uproar because it is too expensive for grown men to play with toy cars. Go back to your Barbies.

I bet you voted for Obama so that the rest of your life is "EQUAL"
because it is not fair for others to make more money than you do.......
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
RCC Addict

The plot thickens
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

As a first year event director for my club I've been finding out how hard it can be to manage an event, and this is with a great group of guys helping me! Also, supplies for said event can start adding up fast. I can only imagine how much of a headache it is hosting a big event like the G6.

25 dollars is a drop in the bucket to enter an event like this. It's also cheap compared to some of the standard national series races around here, where 50 bucks for entry is common.
thisdougsforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #26

I'm thinking these guys need to stop the knee jerk parker defense and friggin listen when the adults talk
TgSmarTguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #27

U got that right!!
TgSmarTguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TgSmarTguy View Post
U got that right!!

Did you really just answer your own post????

That is awesome if I do say so.....
Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I agree with what TREE just said.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

People like this guy are a cancer to the hobby and should be banned from events (and this forum) with extreme prejudice.
thisdougsforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

its not drugs..

its the 10 monster's a day that do that to him..

Humna humna humna humna....Ba-Zing!!
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #32
RCC Addict

I see drug people.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostradamas View Post
I see drug people.
I see dumb people.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #34
RCC Addict

If I might say something, if I recall I remember seeing pics and reading somewhere he hosted this event And did it all with an abcessed tooth. So F off let's see you get off your arse and do it

Last edited by chad30w; 08-04-2013 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Horrible spelling
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Keep throwing baseless allegations at Parker and he may go "chainsaw massacre" on your ass...

GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #36

So to sum up..
Go circle jerk with your buddies if you don't like it..
we wont miss you.[/QUOTE]

That is how I feel.... you are by far the biggest douche bag that a G6 has EVER seen.

More importantly, why would one try to "Set things straight" in the middle of terra X? Most adults that I know would have waited and patiently explained the problem. Instead of throwing their bag and stomping their feet like a five year old.
As a man of your mental capacity, knowing all things, and how the world works, you should know that things are not created equal.

I cannot believe that there is an uproar because it is too expensive for grown men to play with toy cars. Go back to your Barbies.

I bet you voted for Obama so that the rest of your life is "EQUAL"
because it is not fair for others to make more money than you do.......[/QUOTE]

Reading comprehension for the win bro...I dont even understand what you are saying and I am pretty sure you are calling me someone else so I will just assume....

Listen maybe I did not explain myself clearly or not but here goes the short version...At the G6's and Axial fest there is no random raffle...It is all predetermined as was the swag at axialfest....US (meaning I did prereg) pre-registered people were offered a gift for buying tickets early which was cool but then they decided to do the saturday give away only for pre regs as well so all the other people who paid the same as we did werent eligible...Nowhere was it posted that that would be the case and I think it was in piss poor form to exclude all those kids at the FAMILY event it was called and not a "GROWN MANS EVENT" which makes me wonder why you showed....I never said I needed a gift or prize or any of that stuff but if it is being given out why is it so much to ask for it to be fare for all participants? Seriously why?
vulgeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Hmmmmm a quick look a tgsmartguy profile it says he has not made any friends I'm shocked
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

His screen name says it all!! Dump him............ As for as I'm concerned, my Son and I had a blast. This was our first Axialfest and it wont be the last. $50? No problem,I would pay more if the price goes up just for the great GTG. And for the winners, everyone is a winner if they make it back to G Central!
BentMetaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Oh......so you shoulda got a participation trophy I get it now
Old 07-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Tg is an idiot and this whole train wreck should be deleted..
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote

What happened to the G6? Axialfest? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help for Axialfest!!! mud digger Electronics 10 06-18-2013 10:49 PM
Axialfest 2013? BentMetaL General Scale Talk 2 05-19-2013 02:17 PM
Axialfest: Does not look like a bust to me The Violator Chit Chat 18 06-27-2012 11:41 PM