Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #1

Default What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

Had to let a little time go by before i asked this question because i didn't want the Parker fan bois to get too upset...Title says it all "What happened?

I am part of a scaler group in northern california that gets together about every weekend for some type of event...I have been to many G6's and many many more local comps and have to ask what the heck is Parker thinking or not thinking? Prices of the G6 are atleast twice what any other comp in my area charges and prizes lately have been absolutle garbage infact i know of sponsors who are dropping him due to this crap...Hell to even see parker put up an event tent these days is asking too much...What gives? Where did this way more for way less come in to play?

Let's talk about Axialfest....Did you all know that the only people who where eligible for a prize at the give away that night where the ones that pre-registered? So basically if you kick them money up front youll get a (pre determined)gift if not you just get a bill and middle finger...What rocket scientist thought that was good to alienate half the people? I can honestly say of the 20+ people in my group I am the only person that got what axial said we would for pre registering and when Parker was asked about it his answer was to try to get my buddy to go for a walk in the woods so he could show him his "other side"...and I know of atleast 3 families with kids who got screwed out of the give away that was decided on the fly to not include them....Horrible way to treat your customers....

I dont have any idea how a G6 is back east and they may be top notch but here in northern California G6 is bar far the worst of the comps in our area and thats sad because Parker does make a nice course...
vulgeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: What happened to the G6? Axialfest?

I hope you dont make your decision to attend a comp based on whether or not your going to get free swag, and then if so, bitch thats its not what you wanted or not up to your expectations.

Ive been to quite a few G6's, and have always seen pretty nice stuff given away, to include full rtr and kits. Do you think Parker is able to live off of hopes and dreams to support his family when hes away from work putting on these events?

And Im not a fanboy, he's a friend, and if I thought he was wrong, I would say so.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #3

Do you think people would show up and pay $25 a head if there were no prizes? Im thinking you missed the point of my thread...More for less...I dont care if there are prizes but if there are they should be given out with an equal chance to all...Im sorry im for competitions being fare for all and the G6 is ALL about making money now and rewarding friends...I spoke to a few sponsors that are pulling out of the g6 because of this exact issue...Think what you want of me but the plain and simple fact is the G6 is costing more and giving less..If you are ok with it thats awesome for you but if not then lets see if maybe we can get a smart thought over to the parker camp to fix it...
Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I understand what you're saying, but from experience, it can be very difficult to obtain enough prizes for everyone. I basically put everyones name in a hat and randomly draw names till I run out of prizes, fairest thing I can think of. I wish I could get prizes for everyone, but its very difficult.

I dont charge alot for my events, but thats a personal decision. The G6 at nats this year will be my treat for everyone, I want them all to have a good time after their courses. In the end, it will probably cost me a decent chunk of change, none of this stuff happens for free.

I dont know what the arrangement at axialfest was, Im not privy to that info.

I do know I have never seen him not set up a tent, not set up anything less then awesome courses that challenge every driver, and not have more enthusiasm then anyone I know putting comps on.

To me, thats worth the price of addmission. If its not to you, I recommend not attending and stick with your local stuff.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Hell to even see parker put up an event tent these days is asking too much

did you not see 2 tents up at axialfest ? ive been there from the start and yes things change. parker and crew work hard so we can all have fun.prizes or not its always a good times
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #6

Erin you seem to understand what I am saying but the part you probably did not know was that all the prizes at axialfest were pre determined before the event...That is info from the President of axial...They had a list of pre registered names and they only brought gifts for those people..everyone that showed up and payed the same amount as we did but did not pre register where screwed...I know of quite a few kids that waited up that saturday night only to find out after their names weren't even part of it....
Last G6 at baldrock was about as slimmed down an event as I think parker could even think about charging for and nope he didnt think us important enough to even make it look like there was an event and if you think an axial banner or lanyard is a good giveaway for the premium price payed well i am sorry but thats swag that we should be getting when registering and paying the $25 entry...
Now I understand it takes effort and time and all that jaz to put these events on and I do apreciate that fact but I just think if a premium is being charged then a premium experience you should have...
There is a scale event in my area (GSRCC) that happens 1 time a month..It's free(donations accepted of course) the courses are awesome the giveaways are way nicer then you would think and they throw in a bbq at the end for free as well...Maybe I am just spoiled by that but comparing the g6 to a GSRCC event is like apples to oranges yet it shouldn't be...
Old 07-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgeroth View Post
Had to let a little time go by before i asked this question because i didn't want the Parker fan bois to get too upset...Title says it all "What happened?

I am part of a scaler group in northern california that gets together about every weekend for some type of event...I have been to many G6's and many many more local comps and have to ask what the heck is Parker thinking or not thinking? Prices of the G6 are atleast twice what any other comp in my area charges and prizes lately have been absolutle garbage infact i know of sponsors who are dropping him due to this crap...Hell to even see parker put up an event tent these days is asking too much...What gives? Where did this way more for way less come in to play?

Let's talk about Axialfest....Did you all know that the only people who where eligible for a prize at the give away that night where the ones that pre-registered? So basically if you kick them money up front youll get a (pre determined)gift if not you just get a bill and middle finger...What rocket scientist thought that was good to alienate half the people? I can honestly say of the 20+ people in my group I am the only person that got what axial said we would for pre registering and when Parker was asked about it his answer was to try to get my buddy to go for a walk in the woods so he could show him his "other side"...and I know of atleast 3 families with kids who got screwed out of the give away that was decided on the fly to not include them....Horrible way to treat your customers....

I dont have any idea how a G6 is back east and they may be top notch but here in northern California G6 is bar far the worst of the comps in our area and thats sad because Parker does make a nice course...
Quote:
Do you think people would show up and pay $25 a head if there were no prizes? Im thinking you missed the point of my thread...More for less...I dont care if there are prizes but if there are they should be given out with an equal chance to all...Im sorry im for competitions being fare for all and the G6 is ALL about making money now and rewarding friends...I spoke to a few sponsors that are pulling out of the g6 because of this exact issue...Think what you want of me but the plain and simple fact is the G6 is costing more and giving less..If you are ok with it thats awesome for you but if not then lets see if maybe we can get a smart thought over to the parker camp to fix it...
Axialfest was my first G6 ever. I drove down from Portland (10 hours) and camped with friends. Since this was my first Axialfest, I had no idea what I was going to enter, or what my surgically repaired knees were going to be able to handle so I registered for the G6 day of. Because of this I wasn't in the raffle. Was I mad? No. Would I have liked to win something? Sure but I wasn't going to let it ruin my weekend. I paid $50 to run 630 gates over 3 stages and two days......that's 12.6 cents per gate. Quite a deal if you ask me. Will I pay $25 for a future G6 without prizes? You bet your ass. If you don't like where the G6's are going, why don't you host some yourself and give prizes to everyone.....

BTW, you get the award for whiniest first post ever.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
That is funny $hit right there.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
buuuuuuut I wanted that award!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
buuuuuuut I wanted that award!
You cannot win unless you preregister, sorry.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Everyone that I talked to had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

If you go to a G6 for a prize, save your money and spend it at your LHS. Entry fees are to pay for trail markers, gas, and other supplies.

Parker is not in charge of registration and prizes at Axialfest. He is hired by Axial to set up event. If you have an issue with your swag bag or lack of prizes, contact Axial.

The G6 in Oroville had over 50 drivers.
The G6 in Grass Valley had over 90 drivers.
Saw lots smiles and never hear whining like this. I actually hear the exact opposite.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

If you're just looking to win something, spend your money on lottery tickets not toy trucks. Just sayin'.....
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Do you think people would show up and pay $25 a head if there were no prizes?

hell yes.we go to have fun and hang out with great peps. sorry if you didnt have fun or get a prize

Last edited by VP Dan; 07-30-2013 at 03:09 PM.
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I doubt I can possibly make a G6 but from Warpigs description it sounds like quite a bargain as far as cost to event ratio.
630 gates over 2 days sounds like allot of course for 50 bucks (25 would be a steal.)
Old 07-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I would have no issue paying $25 for a g6 experience that included zero prizes or tents. The experience of hundreds of gates ran with friends and family would be the only prize I would need.

I have my own easy-up...
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

And as far as fees, head over to nats.....running 4 classes could put you over the $240 mark, for lets say maybe 160 gates. But I havent seen anyone complaining about paying to compete there.

Its cool if you don't feel that the fees are worth it, thats your opinion, but I dont think you should blame Parker for what you think is right or wrong

Last edited by Erin; 07-30-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

When it 1st came around G6 prices were a bit higher @$50 if I remember..

this year they were $25 a class.

National level comps..@$50-65 a ticket.

Drive all F!@#ing day/night for $25..where do I sign up?

Think your up for it..

host one yourself..
you buy the material to make gates/markers..@$400+ for the exact ones the G6 uses.
Get your ass up at butt crack of dawn and go put out 200+ gates..
Then get back in time for drivers meeting..
then start everyone off..
log everyone as they come in..
Then when its all over go pick up all the gates/markers..
Oh yeah and then packup all your supplies..etc

I hosted our clubs 1st G6 here not too long ago at Superlift Orv..
by myself.
Which I will never do again,i almost passed out from heat exhaustion.

Which gave me a whole new respect at just how hard parker and the Gcrew work to bring us some scaler fun.

It appreciated! Much!

The prizes are donated by supporters of G6..so there's no telling how much of what they get. They do there best to distribute accordingly.

Do I go to comps just for free swag like some douchebag hipster?
No, I go to compete an have fun with my fellow Rc enthusiast.
If I get something great,if not ill probably buy a shirt if they have one.

So to sum up..
Go circle jerk with your buddies if you don't like it..
we wont miss you.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
When it 1st came around G6 prices were a bit higher @$50 if I remember..

this year they were $25 a class.

National level comps..@$50-65 a ticket.

Drive all F!@#ing day/night for $25..where do I sign up?

Think your up for it..

host one yourself..
you buy the material to make gates/markers..@$400+ for the exact ones the G6 uses.
Get your ass up at butt crack of dawn and go put out 200+ gates..
Then get back in time for drivers meeting..
then start everyone off..
log everyone as they come in..
Then when its all over go pick up all the gates/markers..
Oh yeah and then packup all your supplies..etc

I hosted our clubs 1st G6 here not too long ago at Superlift Orv..
by myself.
Which I will never do again,i almost passed out from heat exhaustion.

Which gave me a whole new respect at just how hard parker and the Gcrew work to bring us some scaler fun.

It appreciated! Much!

The prizes are donated by supporters of G6..so there's no telling how much of what they get. They do there best to distribute accordingly.

Do I go to comps just for free swag like some douchebag hipster?
No, I go to compete an have fun with my fellow Rc enthusiast.
If I get something great,if not ill probably buy a shirt if they have one.

So to sum up..
Go circle jerk with your buddies if you don't like it..
we wont miss you.

you forgot adding up scores, handing out said swag, taking pics........it goes on and on.

Thankfully I have been fortunate enough to have help at all my events, they were a godsend!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
you forgot adding up scores, handing out said swag, taking pics........it goes on and on.

Thankfully I have been fortunate enough to have help at all my events, they were a godsend!
...and finding a venue and all the legalities that go with that.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #20

This years axial fest was ran by a bunch of monkeys !! What a joke..
TgSmarTguy is offline   Reply With Quote

What happened to the G6? Axialfest? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help for Axialfest!!! mud digger Electronics 10 06-18-2013 10:49 PM
Axialfest 2013? BentMetaL General Scale Talk 2 05-19-2013 02:17 PM
Axialfest: Does not look like a bust to me The Violator Chit Chat 18 06-27-2012 11:41 PM