Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Event #2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Nor-Cal Event #2

Just because our two event guru's are not attending doesn't mean we don't carry on the the standard comp procedure. But less gay and no "Vadger Alley" or "Vadger Canyon" whatever the hell it was this time.

My Guess-O-Forecast™ meter says we can have rain or shine, but not both....well maybe.

see if Brian and I can show up early to help out whoever is there before us with the cones. We have to go across the street this comp. I don't know how we passed that up last time...
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Im Brandon

Great banner! I cant wait for this comp, fresh air (without badger there) and lots of good looking guys (no sam)
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Glad to see you have taken up the slack! That is some art work.:-)

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 10-12-2006 at 03:10 PM.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #4
Oppan Gangnam Style

you just put sam out of a job as far as the flyers go. great work! i know it took alot of time with the graphics and all.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

pony up for Photshop and still use it like Paint
sicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up

***SWEET MY RIG FINALLY MADE IT ONTO ONE OF THE BANNERS***
I printed this one and posted it at my local hobby shop. Thanks Jared

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicj

Just because our two event guru's are not attending doesn't mean we don't carry on the the standard comp procedure. But less gay and no "Vadger Alley" or "Vadger Canyon" whatever the hell it was this time.

My Guess-O-Forecast™ meter says we can have rain or shine, but not both....well maybe.

see if Brian and I can show up early to help out whoever is there before us with the cones. We have to go across the street this comp. I don't know how we passed that up last time...
51504rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Once again I won't be able to make it. Sunday comps suck cause I have soccer on Sundays. Oh well.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #8
Im Brandon

Hope everyone had a good time! Indian rock is always a blast
Old 10-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
Oppan Gangnam Style

yesterday was a great time! thanks to everyone who helped out in the absence of john and sam. even though there wasn't a large turnout, there were alot of exciting moments on all three courses.

course one had a similar layout as the last indian rock comp but the cone placement was a bit trickier and caused many a mistake by most competitors. at the end of course one there was a near impossible bonus line that looked doable and taunted almost everyone into trying it. those who went for the finish gate and resisted temptation were the smart ones. i myself was over confident after a good run to the end and paid the price, not one but two cones!!

course two was a fairly easy course but there were a few spots that were deceptively difficult. the initial climb out of the start gate was tricky and caused a few problems. then there were the limit lines to watch for and a few belly clearance spots that had people thinking about the correct line to take. the bonus line was almost a given for most and was the smart way to go.
course three was tricky and caused quite a few backup points to acumulate. the course was tight and tricky with several off cambers and sharp turns through what seemed to be an infinate number of limit lines. there were a few spots that made you think more than twice before proceding forward, especially the hole just past the first set of cones. with an off camber entry and a tight turn to the left, everyone seemed to get sucked in. the bonus line was tempting and doable but all who tried failed to summit its steep climb.

at the beginning of the scale class, there was a brutal climb up the face of indian rock itself requiring sevral rigs to winch. turning left at the top, you ended up dropping off a small ledge which led to several roll overs and nearly sent a couple rigs plummiting to their death. following that, the descent began with a slight off camber narrorw trail to a couple switch backs, a nasty off camber and a gradually increasing climb back up the rock face. as it became steeper and steeper, a few rigs had to, once again, employ the use of their winches. once past the two steep spots, you were home free!

thanks again to everyone for coming out and helping out. see you next time!

here are the final scores for all courses:

course 1
brandon -1
randy 23
brian 35
daniel 13
richard 40
dean 25
jared 10
dustin 25

course 2
dustin 2
jared 8
dean -8
daniel 4
richard 40
brian 40
randy 0
brandon -1

course 3
brandon 39
randy 39
brian 40
richard 37
daniel 28
jared 29
dustin 23
dean 16

total points
brandon 37
randy 62
brian 115
richard 117
daniel 45
jared 47
dustin 50
dean 33

Last edited by chino63; 10-16-2006 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #10
Oppan Gangnam Style

scale points:
art 89
brandon 27
dean 10
randy 54
dustin 27
Old 10-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #11
Im Brandon

Way to go Dean!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:39 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I realy had a good time, it was fun can not wait untill next time. We need rest rooms at indian rock would have stayed later.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote