Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

View Poll Results: Where to hold this comp?
Papago 9 81.82%
The Summit 1 9.09%
South Mountain at central ave 0 0%
South Mountain at 24th street 0 0%
The Junkyard 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Phoenix Arizona Comp #14 - October 29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
The Wheels Keep Turning

Default Phoenix Arizona Comp #14 - October 29

So where do you guys want to hold the next comp?

Do you want to start at the same time? Now that it's cooler out I was thinking we can start a little later.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland

Do you want to start at the same time? Now that it's cooler out I was thinking we can start a little later.
Later works for me!
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:

Papago seems like a place we can setup challenging courses and not be in anyone way.
Everyone can find the place. At the last Comp a Ranger stopped and watched us run. We were not asked to move. The Summit is great to run, but there is a lot of bikes and people to contend
with.
About the time are you thinking around 8:00 instead of 7:30? The earlier we start the more time
we have. Some of us have little time off and we still have family and other things going on.
We still need to agree on the scoring issues AZ talked about. I think they need to be addressed before the next Comp. Wherever or when I’m going to try and make it on the 29th
Rick
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

well if we do papago, we have to move to a location more favorable to a several of the guys tht havae diffuculty on the terrain,
Old 10-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
The Wheels Keep Turning

Is there a thread where we are discussing the rules issues? If not lets do it here. I wish I was there so I could have seen what was happening. But post up here and lets get a discussion going.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Is there a thread where we are discussing the rules issues? If not lets do it here. I wish I was there so I could have seen what was happening. But post up here and lets get a discussion going.

I believed it boiled down to time out and total possible scoring points.

some who timed out and did not finish had better scores than some that finished within the alloted tme. (super class)

2.2's didnt have any issues
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Damn, I'll be in Glamis that weekend and there's no rocks there just sand so the Revo is going with me. I just got my new tires and wheels together, what do you guys think??
Attached Images

Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
I believed it boiled down to time out and total possible scoring points.

some who timed out and did not finish had better scores than some that finished within the alloted tme. (super class)

2.2's didnt have any issues
i feel the scoring is what is a minor problem because some of us don't understand how to put it together while scoring. myself included. I would like to learn it better.
bktoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I also feel the scoring is a minor issue, but lets talk about it. Most of us
were not sure how many points should be given when you run out of time
and get a DNF. Should it be 20 points for each gate not cleared and 40
more for the DNF?

Rick
Old 10-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars69
I also feel the scoring is a minor issue, but lets talk about it. Most of us
were not sure how many points should be given when you run out of time
and get a DNF. Should it be 20 points for each gate not cleared and 40
more for the DNF?

Rick

lets see if the course hs 4 gates and the finish and just do 20 pts for each thats 100 points possible for that course.

So in my LIL mind it seems that once someone reaches 100 points they are done no matter if they have finished or not. that course max points is 100, point out or time out are the same in my book.

Minus the gates. SO the worst possible score woould be 100, if you get the gates and dont finish 96 points.

DNS carries an additional 10 points, so if you dont even attempt the course you get a 110
Old 10-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #11
The Wheels Keep Turning

About the rules. I think the rcc rules are good and they worked well for the nationals. But, I don't think they work very well for the average "lets have some fun" type of comp. I've always thought we should have two sets of rules that are slightly different. One set for more serious comps, one set for more fun get together type comps. But I would like to be proved wrong on this and run them verbatim for a while and see what happens.

For each gate passed the driver will receive a minus one point for progress. If you time out your score is 40 minus any progress points. Max points per course is 40, if you hit 40 points your done. This means we have to shorten the courses to get the majority of the guys through. If we keep our long courses most will point out. I don't like this, I like long courses myself. Short courses suck!

But, I do like the way rockwerks put together the rules. If we set a point value to each get, times the number of gates, that's the maximum. DNF would incur additional points. I also think that even with a 40 point max per course, one progress point is not enough. If i get all the way through a 5 gate course but not through the last gate I get say 96 points, the guy who showed up with a stock clod got 100. Depending on the scoring system (40 max per course or 20 points per gate) we should adjust the progress points.

But back to my original point, do we want to run the RCC rules verbatim or not?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #12
Don
Quarry Creeper

The RCC rules seem a bit strict to me. But they are doable on most of the courses we do.

They are a little unfair for the newer people. We will have about half the guys that show up at the comp pointing out aech week. I would think they mite get fedup and not show any more.

I like the 20 points per gate and max points of 100 per course.

Last edited by Don; 10-22-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

But, I do like the way rockwerks put together the rules. If we set a point value to each get, times the number of gates, that's the maximum. DNF would incur additional points. I also think that even with a 40 point max per course, one progress point is not enough. If i get all the way through a 5 gate course but not through the last gate I get say 96 points, the guy who showed up with a stock clod got 100. Depending on the scoring system (40 max per course or 20 points per gate) we should adjust the progress points.

But back to my original point, do we want to run the RCC rules verbatim or not?
RCC is too strict, and 5 progression points per gate might spice things up abit too. 20 points for score on each gate. 5 points for DNF, 20 points for DNS

so on a 5 gate course 100 points max to finish - 25 points for gates =75
timeout/dnf 110 points - gates
DNS - 120 points

time is 1:00 per gate + finish gate. so 6:00 for the above mentioned course

once 20 points is reached on the gate we can still pass the gate?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
RCC is too strict, and 5 progression points per gate might spice things up abit too. 20 points for score on each gate. 5 points for DNF, 20 points for DNS

so on a 5 gate course 100 points max to finish - 25 points for gates =75
timeout/dnf 110 points - gates
DNS - 120 points

time is 1:00 per gate + finish gate. so 6:00 for the above mentioned course

once 20 points is reached on the gate we can still pass the gate?
I like this idea. How does it sound to everyone else?
Rick
Old 10-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good to me!!!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default new to comps

so i just started with the whole rock crawling thing with the rcs and was wondering how the comps work do you have class for driver/car or run what you brung and see you at the top or how does it work?
terrongregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:45 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrongregg
so i just started with the whole rock crawling thing with the rcs and was wondering how the comps work do you have class for driver/car or run what you brung and see you at the top or how does it work?
the vehicle is classed not hte driver.

2.2 class = 2.2 max inch dia wheel, 12.5" max wheel base and 12.5" max track

super class = all others
Old 10-20-2006, 05:29 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Keep in mind guys we are always looking for new and challenging spots to hold comps. If you guys know of somewhere else other than the usual spots, speak up so we can check them out.

I like the way Rockwerks stated the rules. It sounds fair and yet still challenging. The only thing we may want to consider is our max points for gates used to be 20pts and we lowered that to 15pts to help speed things along.
cowboyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:39 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyrc
Keep in mind guys we are always looking for new and challenging spots to hold comps. If you guys know of somewhere else other than the usual spots, speak up so we can check them out.

I like the way Rockwerks stated the rules. It sounds fair and yet still challenging. The only thing we may want to consider is our max points for gates used to be 20pts and we lowered that to 15pts to help speed things along.
Tony I agree on the that, but now we are running timed stages. The last Comp seemed to move right along. We could run shorter stages with less gates and use the 20 points.

Rick
Old 10-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars69
Tony I agree on the that, but now we are running timed stages. The last Comp seemed to move right along. We could run shorter stages with less gates and use the 20 points.

Rick
you could go one the other way like kev said short courses suck, so go longer and use the 15 points, keep it simple plus we still don't know where to comp????

Last edited by bktoys; 10-20-2006 at 08:16 PM.
bktoys is offline   Reply With Quote