RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Competitions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/)
-   -   801RCC 2014 season comp #1 "Frigid Funk" (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/476137-801rcc-2014-season-comp-1-frigid-funk.html)

Erik D_lux 01-01-2014 09:44 AM

801RCC 2014 season comp #1 "Frigid Funk"

801RCC 2014 Point Series Comp, Event #1 "Frigid Funk"

The 2014 Point Series is kickin off, so make sure to check those rigs and bring your A game. 801RCC is loaded with great veteran drivers and several new guys looking to be serious threats this year. With the driver roster 801RCC has and the competition level of the rigs these drivers are building, there are a bunch of guys that could take it this year. It'll be a tough battle and I'm sure the points spread will be tight. So put on your game face and come show your skills and setups with some of the best drivers on some the most awesome terrain with good friend and good people and great memories. invite all your friends and family to come out and see how awesome this sport really is!

this first comp will be a great way to put the fear in your opponents eyes, to let them know who is gunning for the coveted name of 801RCC's #1 driver!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-When-
Jan 25th 2014
-1/25/14-

9-9:30 Course setup
9:45 group pics and drivers meeting
10:00 Competition starts

-Where-
"Black Rock"

801RCC uses USRCCA rules
http://usrcca.com/rules/USRCCA_2011_....%205-2011.pdf

This year there will still be a course cut off time. Only judges will be allowed to run after cutoff time.
The Cut off time will be set depending on the event date and location.

this is a FREE comp and open to anyone running a USRCCA legal 2.2, 1.9 or shaft driven rig

For this point series we will Run at a minimum 5 2.2 courses, 3 shafty courses

-Judges-
This event will use the judging rotation that we have used in the past.
if you are not able to make the event, please post up so we can plan ahead and be prepared to make the event go as smoothly as possible.

Erik D_lux 01-01-2014 09:45 AM

Re: 801RCC 2014 season comp #1 "Frigid Funk"

We have lots of small changes coming to freshen things up and maybe even a new location to crawl!

This comp we will have:

All courses judged and possibly more courses than normal

"Run what ya brung" class

Optional drivers pool where you can win cash and prizes

Rock riot course setup

Give a ways

Wheels7 01-01-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 4608915)
We have lots of small changes coming to freshen things up and maybe even a new location to crawl!

This comp we will have:

Rock riot course setup

Give a ways

Nice!!!! Looking forward to the new season, and all the new changes should add to the fun. Hope to see some new faces as well."thumbsup"

NaZ-T 01-02-2014 06:12 PM

New year, new season!!
Can't wait to get out on the rocks again!!

Just so you guys know I'm not going to take it easy on you guys this season like I did last year. So you guys better get your game face on!!! :twisted:

Chaotic Crawlers 01-02-2014 09:31 PM

Let's pray for a snow free day.

I will enjoy beating you silly bastards come the 25th of january

I might even be finally rocking a finished set of panels instead of the clear ones.

Erik D_lux 01-03-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheels7 (Post 4609075)
Hope to see some new faces as well."thumbsup"

From the sounds of it, it looks like there will be a couple of new guys in the "run what ya brung class". Should be fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaZ-T (Post 4610952)
Just so you guys know I'm not going to take it easy on you guys this season like I did last year. So you guys better get your game face on!!! :twisted:

I look forward to you telling me that you took it easy on me this comp too when I stomp you :flipoff:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers (Post 4611266)
I might even be finally rocking a finished set of panels instead of the clear ones.

I would enjoy a set of "fresh" clear panels with the protective coating on them. :lmao:

Captain270 01-07-2014 10:22 AM

So I am new to competition crawling, I was looking at the usrcca rules and I noticed in the 1.9 class it calls for a max 8.5". i have a scx10 kit that I believe is the older dingo version (I bought it used and it has a jeep cherokee body) and it has a wheelbase of more than 8.5". does that mean I have to crawl in the 2.2 class? and if so should I consider bigger tires than 1.9 flatirons?

Erik D_lux 01-07-2014 10:33 AM

You are the guy we started the "run what ya brung" class for.

You can take the title literally. Bring anything you want to run and come have fun, no matter what it is.

You would run the same courses as everybody but you would be in a different class, most likely a 1.9 class or scaler class so you should be able to come out and do really well in your class as it should be pretty fair across the board for your car and other cars like it.

bikerzee24 01-08-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 4608915)

This comp we will have:

Rock riot course setup

Give a ways

I am a little curious to what class my Gmade R1 could run in other than the "run what you brung" class? Could you provide me the details on the requirements of what is needed on my r1 to be able to complete in another class other than the "run what your brung"?

Erik D_lux 01-08-2014 11:27 AM

Here is a link to the USRCCA rules.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/rules...013-rules.html

We are going to be super relaxed on the rules for Run what you brung but the Pro class will be kept strict for the hard core competitor.

Without seeing your car the most important things would be:
12.5" wheelbase (longest wheelbase at any given point of suspension travel)
No tires over 6" tall
You will also need to meet the body or bodiless requirements as shown in the link above and if you have a bodiless chassis, it needs to have panels that meet the specs above also.

I know it can be a bit overwhelming so hit me up if you have any questions.

Erik D_lux 01-13-2014 08:36 AM

To the top for the new guys who are looking for it.

Sounds like there will be quite a few new faces.

bikerzee24 01-13-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 4626603)
To the top for the new guys who are looking for it.

Sounds like there will be quite a few new faces.

Do you have a link to where I can find the location and directions to the "black rock" location for the event?

Erik D_lux 01-13-2014 08:57 AM

Here you go:

Just west of Salt Air

GPS
40.725031, -112.227727

Black Rock

NAME: Black Rock
TERRAIN: small to large jagged bolders, sand
TRACTION: very low to extremely high

Black Rock is just west of the marina @ the great salt lake. Take the saltair exit head west on the frontage road north of the freeway. Follow it about a mile take the dirt road on the left and you cant miss.

http://www.rme4x4.com/attachment.php...598183&thumb=1

Erin3232 01-18-2014 08:43 PM

I'm new to the crawler world and am looking to come out on the 25th. My son is running a RS10 and would greatly enjoy this. He is almost 5 and is a very good crawler. What does he need to compete, and what are the rules, for example can I help him? We are looking forward to crawling and learning. Thanks :ror:

Erik D_lux 01-19-2014 08:01 AM

All he would need is his car and enough batteries to get through the courses. I would also bring warm clothes (looks like we will have great weather though) and something to eat/drink.

In the "RWYB" class, we will be super lenient, especially with somebody his age. You can help him but just to be clear, there is no touching of the car or anything like that. Advice and coaching is always permitted.

Sounds like he may even be able to do our "Pro" class if he wants. That is a more seriously taken class but if he is having fun, it will be another 5 courses that he/you can enjoy. Just be ready for harder obstacles and strict rules.

For the rules, we will have veterans or people that are willing to answer questions/judge but if you want to look them over yourself before you go, here is a link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hNyzZU3Pc/edit

Let me know if you have more questions. We would love to see the both of you come out.

Chaotic Crawlers 01-21-2014 10:04 PM

Looks like we will have Mother Nature on our side for this one. "thumbsup"

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new people.

Erik D_lux 01-22-2014 06:22 PM

Here are the GPS coordinates for anybody trying to make it out.

40.725031, -112.227649

Erin3232 01-22-2014 06:40 PM

Can’t wait my little man is excited to crawl. My little man asked me today if any sponsors are going to be there. I looked at him and said T- dog you’re too smart where did you get that idea, he looked at me and said YouTube all the big boys have them. LoL I told him lets work on going to bed on time. Kids you got to love them.

Erik D_lux 01-23-2014 07:27 AM

Awesome. Glad to hear he is fired up! I am too. I am ready to get out on the rocks.

Sponsors will be out there. We have quite a few people stepping up to help out on our comps. So far we have: West Valley Hobbies, Chaotic Crawlers, Salt Lake Vapors, Dlux, Wheels7/Elite fab. Thats just our local guys. I will be working on seeing if I can pull more.

CaliGrown801 01-23-2014 10:58 PM

I'll be there. Trying to get 2 others to come with. All 3 with scx 10's with 2.2 wheels/ tires. Because its our first comp would we be put in the rwyb class because were rookies or can we compete for points? Thanks and looking forward to the event. "thumbsup"