Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Wmb5 Bradenville, Pa Monster Truck Race/trials-crawling, January 6th and 7th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Default Wmb5 Bradenville, Pa Monster Truck Race/trials-crawling, January 6th and 7th

Copied from RCMT quoted from Mike (dev2k)
WMB5 is on Saturday January 6th and Sunday January 7th.
Bradenville, Pennsylvania

Events will be held indoors.
Entry fee for Saturday Racing:
1st Truck = $20.00
2nd Truck = $10.00
3rd Truck = $5.00
4th truck or beyond = FREE
RCMT members get a $5.00 discount at registration for mentioning they are an RCMT member.

Sponsors.......We need sponsors so if you'd like to help out, please contact me at Devastator2000@verizon.net
1. Defiance Racing & Performance
2. Raceway Hobbies (2.2 4WD Trials and Extreme Trials)
3. East Coast Scale Customs
4. Montana Scale Designs
5. Full Tilt Graphics
6. RCCrawler.com

Race winners will receive trophies and 2nd and 3rd receive ribbons. If we can secure some sponsors for this race we will again have door prizes and give-aways as we have done at prior events.

Schedule of events:
SATURDAY
---Doors open at 10:00AM
---Practice and registration from 10:00AM to 12:00PM
---Concourse begins at 12:00PM
---Racing begins ~ 1:00PM

SUNDAY
---Doors open at 9:00AM
---Sign-up for events from 9:00AM to 10:00AM
---Side x Side Drag Racing begins between 10:00 and 10:30
---Trials Course at conclusion of Drag Racing
---Long Jump
---All Sunday events are split into two classes......2WD and 4WD. That's the only rules. It will be $5.00 per truck to enter in the events on Sunday. Long Jump is part of the Saturday entry fee so no charge wil be applied to that competition if it is run on Sunday.

***Trials Competition***
There will be *4* classes at this event. There will be:
1. 2WD
2. 4WD (2.2 tire trucks) ex. Bruiser, TLT etc....
3. 4WD (Clod size tire trucks)
4. 4WD Extreme

RACING CLASSES & RULES
----2WD Stampede
Must use stock, Masher2000 or tire of similar height and be V-tread pattern. Imex Claw Dawgs not legal. Must use 27-turn ROAR legal motors, kit Stinger motor or Magnetic Mayhem. 6-cell battery only. 5-minute races

----2WD Modified Stampede
V-tread pattern a must, Imex Claw Dawgs allowed along with tires for Stock Pede. 7-cell batteries or less, no motor limit, BL motors permitted. 5-minute races

----Conversion
Class for 2.2 wheel trucks. 2WD or 4WD allowed. Trucks such as Wild Dagger, 4X4 Stampede, Losi, AE trucks, Rustlers, HPI MT's etc..... Trucks *must* use V-tread monster tires like Pede tires, Masher2000's, Imex Claw Dawgs etc....No motor limit, BL Allowed, 7-cell batteries or less. 5-minute races

----2WD Clod-o-Pede
For Stampedes running Clod sized tires. No motor limit, BL motors allowed, 7-cells or less. 4-minute races.

----Stock E-Maxx
Can do any mods to the truck but *must* use the stock Titan motors and run 12-cells. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 5-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Modified E-Maxx
Essentially no rules for this class. No limits on batteries, motors or anything else. BL motors allowed. Must use rubber tires, no spikes. 4-minute races. In the event there are not enough stock and mod maxxes to form two classes, we may form one class of both stock and mod maxxes.

----Novice
Class for the kids and true beginners. Run what you have. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified
Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. no motor limit but no BL motors, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----4WD Modified II
Class for Clods and USA-1 trucks. This class is being kept on in the event we get a large turnout and people have more clods than there are classes and essentially is an "over-flow" class. no motor limit but no BL motors, no cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Open
Class for "Clod-sized" trucks and experimental trucks or trucks that do not fit other listed classes. Trucks like 4X4 Clod-o-Pedes, Clod-o-Daggers, mutant monsters etc..... No cell limits. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Shaft Drive
Solid axle shaft driven trucks like TXT-1, Juggs or Twin Force. No motor limit, no cell limit, no BL motors. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Replica
Solid axle and USA-1 trucks running *full* tube frame chassis. No motor limit, no cell limit. Must use rubber monster type V-tread tires. 4-minute races.

----Sport Modified
Class for all solid axle trucks (and USA-1). Must use 17-turn motors or higher. Must use 6-cell battery. Must use either stock Clod, TXT-1, Jugg, Twin Force or USA-1 tires. Any chassis allowed with any mods to it. 4-minute races.

----Mini Monster Truck
Stock or Mod set-ups (including motors) allowed. We'll run this class this way until we see if there's enough to make a stock and mod class. Basically, run what you have if it is a TLT-1, Losi Mini LST or any of the other mini monster trucks. 4-minute races.

Overnight accommodations:
--Super 8
Located near Greensburg, PA. on RT 30
Phone # (724) 838-8080

--Super 8
Rt. 22 Delmont
Phone # (724) 468-4888

--Holiday Inn Express
RT. 30 Greensburg
Phone # (724) 838-7070

--Holiday Inn
RT. 22 Delmont
Phone # (724) 468-1050

--Comfort Inn
Rt. 30 Greensburg
Phone # (724) 832-2600

--Comfort Inn
Rt. 22 Blairsville
Phone # (724) 459-7100
or 1-800-770-0000

Remember, we allow camping at the track at no extra charge so if you have camping gear (tent, camper, RV, etc....bring it and stay for free!) You can stay inside at the track if you like since it is pretty cold this time of year LOL!!!!

As is always the case with our events, all portions are subject to change. In the event of a change to anything regarding the event, it will be posted here in this post and with a reply to the topic itself. Right now, everything looks to be pretty concrete.

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 12-13-2006 at 07:13 AM.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Link to past event

Bradenville PA trials comp august 6th, points and what you placed listed

Any questions please ask!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

well, if I don't see you before mike, I'll see you out there.
sods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #4
Powered by Awesome

Man, sounds like a good time!!!! if it were closer, id be there!
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Interesting, Im originally from just north of that area. I will have to see if I can make it for saturday, if not to compete, to watch, and meet a few people. Sunday I will have to head back to NJ, ~6hr drive, so I wouldnt be able to compete.

Whats the fee for spectators? I would love to bring some of my trucks, but never having been to something like this before, It may be better to just watch the first time.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #6
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by sods
well, if I don't see you before mike, I'll see you out there.
Right now I am 90% sure I will be there, I talked with the rents last time and they were ok with it, so now I just need to work out the details with Kevin and Bryan.

Twisted, it is a fun time, the racing is good and the trials/crawling is a good time, just ask any of the SVSC guys. They all seemed to have a good time

Also guys, I am looking for sponsors for this event. E.C.S.C will be doing another give away, possibley one of my custom Bruiser interiors or something else. If you are a vendor and interested in getting your name further out east please let me know! I am trying to spread the sport out here by us east coast guys, THANKS!

-Mike
Old 11-15-2006, 09:38 AM   #7
Sinking with the ship

Default Thanks Msd

This is looking good already guys! I would like to thank MSD (montana scale designs) for sponsoring the event. Ben will be doing a high lift jack AND 2.2 and 1.9 rock rings give aways as well some stickers!

-Mike

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 11-15-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:27 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

cool, I could use one of those highlift jacks for the scaler I'm working on.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I'm definately going to be there. I talked with Mike(Dev2K) about sponsoring two of the trials classes and giving a few bodies, stickers, wheels/tires, ect. for giveaways

It was a real good time in the summer. I hope the WMJ will be just as fun!

Last edited by Crawln Coles; 11-15-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Anyone bringing any highlifts to run in trials? So i can get mine back together
kodiakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:29 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Can someone give directions to the actual competition? I looked but I just can't find it. I know it's in Brandenville but that's all I can find.
Metal Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

well if you ask any of the locals where the rc track is, they kinda give you a blank stare, but if you ask about the mushroom factory then they can tell you where to go. a bunch of us from SVSC will be heading out there if you just wanna tag along, the track's kinda outta the way.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

can anyone give me a web site this comp. or an address to mapquest out i live in n.e. ohio just north of youngstown thanks jason
mudslinger74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger74
can anyone give me a web site this comp. or an address to mapquest out i live in n.e. ohio just north of youngstown thanks jason
mudslinger the track is rc avenue, you can check out the thread on rcmt.net for more info or send me a PM, I have the track addy somewhere....ill post it up soon

SO who is ready to rock???? I am basically, just adding some more details to my trucks...gotta try for concours again

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 12-12-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #15
Sinking with the ship

Guys I am siked to say that RCC is sponsoring the event as well!!! Jason and John are donating 4 hoodies to each winner of the rock crawling classes and a bunch of stickers!!! Thanks again RCC !

-Mike
Old 12-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

sounds good mike, I'm looking forward to it myself. just hoping the tlt diff shaft come off of backorder so I can bring all my rigs.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 AM   #17
RCC Addict

If I get this blazer finished in time and detailed. I'll have my eye on the concours. Didn't Dan win it this summer with a detailed hummer body. It was nice, but I would've gave it to 1BJB green Yota/bruiser. That thing is sick! I still have pics of it on my cpt at work.
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawln Coles
If I get this blazer finished in time and detailed. I'll have my eye on the concours. Didn't Dan win it this summer with a detailed hummer body. It was nice, but I would've gave it to 1BJB green Yota/bruiser. That thing is sick! I still have pics of it on my cpt at work.
I only lost by one vote :-( O well...cant win them all... wait to you guys see the Nissan though...It stepped up its game BIG TIME
Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #19
RCC Addict

well i am coming mike, so you are gonna lose by 2 votes now...
i will be scrambling to get all my stuff ready for this event but i should have it done.
oh yeah and the g/f will be crawling at this one, so that should be interesting for all of us.
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:30 PM   #20
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stAir
well i am coming mike, so you are gonna lose by 2 votes now...
i will be scrambling to get all my stuff ready for this event but i should have it done.
oh yeah and the g/f will be crawling at this one, so that should be interesting for all of us.
LMAO, Niiiiiice What you going to enter the Bronco? Better be careful cause if dan wyatt shows up with his Bronco, we will all loose by - votes