Notices

Thread: ORCRC comp. this Sunday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2004, 09:19 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ORCRC comp. this Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanator62
so i take it that no one has any Xfactor links (only 4)????????
doesnt look like im going then, cause the only hobby shop (tammies hobbies) near me is closed till monday. and i cant crawl with my txt cause the links hit the axles when its articulating (by the way, Xfactor links would fix this)...... :? :(
I was just at Tammies this morning, took the only two BFT pinions they had

The X-Factor links are bigger than stock TXT links. I don't get what you're saying.... got a pic of the problem? Sounds like you have it setup incorrectly.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2004, 10:21 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

i could take a pic of the problem...if you have an email address. i have no idea how to post pics on this site hahaha. also, if i cant send the pics to you, i might just go to marine park and watch you all crawl, and id just bring my truck and drive it f***ed up.lol

or i could try to explain it:

ok so on my txt, i moved the tranny up, cut the chassis for more ground clearance, and moved the links up (and closer together). now that the tranny is higher, the two links going to the middle of the axle (the V shaped ones) hit the drive shafts (greatly limiting articulation). the cause of this is because now the axle is tipped so the top of the axle sticks out farther than the bottom of the axle, because the links are in different places. the longer Xfactor link would be used to replace the bottom stock txt links, pushing out the bottom of the axle, moving the drive shafts lower, and making the links no longer hit the shafts.....

if ^that didnt make sense, then tell me and ill email you some pics.lol

thanks

p.s. how much do 4 Xfactor links cost, i will buy them from someone who will be at the comp tomorrow...
jordanator62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:41 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Can you swap links? Swap top to bottom and vise-versa? Or if you have any spare bits of aluminum handy you could build extended mounting points... then you could adjust it correctly maybe.

I'll probably be selling my X-Factor links in a couple weeks. I have to wait for new chassis and links to show up first.
Old 05-29-2004, 11:29 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

o, ur waiting for NEW links!?!?!?!?!? does that perhaps mean that you still have your old ones?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! and if so do you think i could have/buy them?????

thanks
jordan
Old 05-29-2004, 11:44 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanator62
o, ur waiting for NEW links!?!?!?!?!? does that perhaps mean that you still have your old ones?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! and if so do you think i could have/buy them?????

I'm still using them right now as I don't have new ones just yet. Once I get my new links these will go up for sale....pretty cheap too
Old 05-30-2004, 12:15 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

o nice!!!!! like how much????? and gimme the low down about tomorrow, i think i have a crappy way to fix my txt enough where as i can crawl with it (that is with a 13 in wb )...so will there be a place where i can charge my batteries there? and could SOMEONE GIVE ME A RIDE THERE!?

thanks
jordan