Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Offical RC4WD Disney Scale Challenge Series 2016 Event Info Thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Offical RC4WD Disney Scale Challenge Series 2016 Event Info Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
WOO HOOO
Blue and I had a great time.

1st off, thank you Drivers for the hard work you put in your rigs for our courses. With out you drivers it would just be little cones on the rocks.

Thank You Sponsors we all appreciate all that you do for our events.

But I want to give the biggest Thank You to Chad.
He was great. worked his butt off for us.

And he had the greatest little helper, calling out numbers and handing out prizes.

Thanks Chad
Your the man
Pics are making me regret not being able to get there.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2016, 07:06 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

This right here is one of the unsung hero's of this awesome hobby. This guy can not walk by a stranger without saying "Hi, how's it going", no matter where we are. He helps everyone he can in one way or the other at home and abroad!
Always volunteers his services, and after judging a course none stop till no one was left, he picks up his radio and gets ready to have his turn, to have his front axle housing break before the first gate, and still pushes on and attempts all 3 class 2 courses. He never wins a trophy at any big events, but he wins new friends and everyone's respect, and engraves himself into their memories. This is one award that was overdue and earned. Way to go, Lucky
I'm just glad I was there to see this happen, and to be good friends with this 57 year old kid! Not to mention hearing him giggle and say I'm number one for the next 5 hours without ever taking a breath
Attached Images

Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

Took very few photos, was busy having fun! Not sure who the guy is with his hands in his pockets. He seemed to be everywhere I looked. Even seen him looking in the camper window a couple of times
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #124
Quarry Creeper

Well said Jon. Lucky is definitely one of the nicest guys you ever meet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
scott83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:39 PM   #125
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
This right here is one of the unsung hero's of this awesome hobby. This guy can not walk by a stranger without saying "Hi, how's it going", no matter where we are. He helps everyone he can in one way or the other at home and abroad!
Always volunteers his services, and after judging a course none stop till no one was left, he picks up his radio and gets ready to have his turn, to have his front axle housing break before the first gate, and still pushes on and attempts all 3 class 2 courses. He never wins a trophy at any big events, but he wins new friends and everyone's respect, and engraves himself into their memories. This is one award that was overdue and earned. Way to go, Lucky
I'm just glad I was there to see this happen, and to be good friends with this 57 year old kid! Not to mention hearing him giggle and say I'm number one for the next 5 hours without ever taking a breath
this pic is now my screen saver and background screen on my computer! Luckster is a great guy and i count my self lucky to have met him.
big bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

Man, I wanna go back already! When you attend an event where you can walk up to just about anyone and instantly become friends, you know you're at great event in a great part of this awesome country! Lots of memories were made by a lot of people this weekend, and I pray that the smaller than expected turnout doesn't stop the RC4WD Scale Challenge from returning to Disney.

P.S. Lucky, I would have taken 1st, but after the comp, I found out that my driver is damn stoner! No wonder the Shaggin Wagon kept falling off the rocks
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #127
Quarry Creeper

Great event and nobody let the weather spoil it. Thanks Chad and co. for all the hard work....now sober up and post the scores!
raul shabinguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:54 PM   #128
RCC Addict

man was that fun :mrgr een:
already miss Disney ....... great time with great people .

Big thank you to Chad and crew for putting on this event , Jon for having this event , Hogan for letting us invade his campground to play with our toy trucks .

Huge thank you to all of the terrific sponsors

to all of the volunteers ...thank you for your time and effort in making this event go off without a hitch

i have some video work to do .............so keep an eye out for it

great to see the old friends and meet new ones as well ......

hope to see you all next year for rc4wd scale challenge 2017 disney, oklahoma

be sure to come out for Crawlapalooza 10 in october
viper6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #129
RCC Addict

Sorry guys just got th Camper dropped off unloading stuff ready for a hot shower and recooping.......lol. I will work on the pics and scores tonigh or in the morning. I appreciate all the kind words but I was just doing what I love putting down little cones make everyone smile and laugh.......well making jeepiac cuss a little too 😂 I really appreciate all that stepped up their driving and helping hand to make this a remember able event like no other.......it just feels weird not having to ship anyone's trophies around its weird really lol
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Re: Offical RC4WD Disney Scale Challenge Series 2016 Event Info Thread.

I'm finally back in Mule Town. Beautiful day for a drive...

Had a blast this weekend. The people are what make any event, and this event was a great one. Weather dampened things a few times, but no one's spirit was affected.

Thank you RC4WD for another great Scale Challenge in Disney, Oklahoma. Thanks to all the vendors that provided free stuff for the drivers - RC4WD, ScalerFab, RPP Hobby, GearHead, RC Addict, DMG, and all the others I'm sure I missed.

Thank you, Chad, for taking the reins on this runaway stagecoach and getting us through without a hitch. Thank you, John, for trusting Chad with the reins, and for all your support (and the trouble with you-know-who). Thanks, Charlie and Thommy, for teching the rigs. Thank you, Ricky, for all that you did in various capacities (and for helping me plug my tire). Thanks to all those that judged and helped in other support roles. Thanks to all the drivers, because without you, there would be no events. Thanks to Mr. Hogan for hosting the group at the campground (and for providing the air for my low tire). Thanks be to God for creating such great places to crawl. Disney rocks are amazing. I know I'm missing someone. Thank you all!

Congrats to the winners. There was some great driving on those rocks. It's always fun to watch.

Let's do it again soon.
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 10:09 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

Am I the only one who seen an scx10 smoke the sled pull!??? Followed by a wraith smoke the sled pull?? I think three first name Daniel Sherman Kelly and Poprivit "pro builder to the stars" deserve a hand for building two very kick ass and powerhouse builds! Wholly crap both them boys made that dam sled fly!!
big bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:56 AM   #132
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bacon View Post
Am I the only one who seen an scx10 smoke the sled pull!??? Followed by a wraith smoke the sled pull?? I think three first name Daniel Sherman Kelly and Poprivit "pro builder to the stars" deserve a hand for building two very kick ass and powerhouse builds! Wholly crap both them boys made that dam sled fly!!
Thanks, had a good time. Don't forget tug of war champion.
But the big thanks goes to everyone that put on a great comp, and the sponsors. Thanks you
sherman918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:13 AM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Smile Re: Offical RC4WD Disney Scale Challenge Series 2016 Event Info Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepiac View Post
Thank you. The comradely and friendships formed in this hobby are just incredible and hopefully life long.
luckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #134
Rock Stacker

Just wanted to thank all the people that made this happen. All the sponsors for the goodies and the people that helped with judging. Has a great time can't wait for the next one !
e_w_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #135
SuperShafty.com

Hey guys, I need to make up big time for not getting the prizes to your event in time. RockedupRicky had the box on the doorstep at his house on Saturday, but sadly no one was there to tell him. This is something we have talked about and SuperShafty will be randomly selecting drivers from the driver's list for the raffle prizes that were sent.
This will be done this week, so please stay tuned to this thread and the facebook page in order to claim your prizes. I will be mailing everything to the winners free of charge as well.
I want to make sure you guys know that you are the reason we make the things we do, and you deserve to get a chance at getting a little throwback from SuperShafty
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

This year's class 3 courses were some doozies... even a 1:1 Jeep JKU had to do an assisted recovery.

Attached Images

Last edited by btoungette; 07-05-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: photobucket ransom
Old 06-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

Class 2 courses... first four photos
__________________________________________________ ______________

Class 1 courses... last six photos
Attached Images

Last edited by btoungette; 07-05-2017 at 02:44 PM. Reason: photobucket ransom
Old 06-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Goodies table...
Attached Images

Last edited by btoungette; 07-05-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: photobucket ransom
Old 06-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #139
Rock Stacker

Scores, we need scores.
sherman918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #140

Default Offical RC4WD Disney Scale Challenge Series 2016 Event Info Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bacon View Post
So as it stands as i sit here with a big smile. one poor guy had a 44 point out on class two course two. one poor guy had ticket 44. and on sunday during the comp rig run another poor guy scored a 44. let it go down in history that the number 44 be band from use. keep posting them picks!!!! someone should have one of The Krackon with his I WON A TRAILER FACE.
Thank you to the sponcers and for their help to keep this hobby alive and well!!!
Also thank you to the other smiling faces that i got to meet and compete against at Disney.
Thank you Hogan
Time to go put all my broken rigs back together and collect my winnings from Luckster and Jeepiac because Evan with three broken rigs i still had more fun.
thank you again Chad, John, JB , Rocked up "scaller" Ricky. and every one who lent a helping hand. OH and THE PRIZE FOR BEST USE OF A WINCH goes to Shane.

YES! #44 Needs retired.
RoadserviceNR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scaler44 dns all courses, scaler44 has no friends, scaler44 is imaginary

Offical RC4WD Disney Scale Challenge Series 2016 Event Info Thread. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 RC4WD Scale Challenge Series - Disney, OK (June 4th-5th) Rckcrwlr Competitions 516 06-05-2016 01:58 PM
2015 RC4WD Scale Challenge Series - Disney, OK (May 15th-17th) Rckcrwlr Competitions 714 12-16-2015 10:25 PM
2015 RC4WD Scale Challenge Series - Disney, OK - Class 3 wilbywise Videos! 1 08-20-2015 07:10 PM
2015 RC4WD Scale Challenge Series - Disney, OK - Class 2 wilbywise Videos! 3 08-03-2015 07:47 PM
2015 RC4WD Scale Challenge Series - Disney, OK - Class 1 wilbywise Videos! 1 06-15-2015 12:21 PM