Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Another Rule thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 12:57 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I have spouted my thoughts on rules many, many, times and have been met wth much resistance .........
Ditto I feel your pain brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
I'm not saying I don't like your rules, just that they are tough. You originally axed why people weren't using the rcc rules and I was just suggesting why that might be. Like i said, this discussion has gone on before. If people ask for my input I will give it but I understand that you decided on the rules for a reason and I respect that.
Ditto Again my brother!
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #62
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Last time I checked, I rock crawled and did RC for the fun of it. If it weren't fun, I would stop or b) wanting to go to a get together where lots of people, many they haven't met yet, are going to be having fun in the same way that person wants to.

exactly..The only reason i'm going to GR is to go out and meet a bunch of you fawkers, drink some beer and have fun. I could really care less who wins, as long as we have fun.But if your not the one that won, that just gives you a reason to step up to the plate next time and make some different mods to your truck. We are not in it for fame and tons of prize money. we are there to have fun and maybe get a little bit of bragging rights on each other.But if we're gonna have comp rules so strict and everyone takes them to heart, that is just gonna knock out the fun of this and the comps will disappear quickly because noone will want to come if you have to bring the nerve pills with ya
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:22 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

The slow and technical vs the fast and furious debate should not be part of the "Master Rules". It should be up to the event organizers and course designers based on the number of attendees and the terrian available.

Time bonuses/penalties can be used to encourage the action to the events needs.

Each course can have a 1)Time penelty and/or Time Bonus, or No time or Penelty.

A standardized set of rules can just set-up guide lines on how each is handled rather than dictating.

Also not enough consideration is being given to local situations. The drivers have to crawl around on the rocks of our courses. It is unsafe to be jumping around at or locations. The stopping rule will get hurt at our events. We would need to modify or drop that rule.

Allowing the driver to stop repostion himself safely would be a good idea!
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #64
The Wheels Keep Turning

fishy, well said. i agree that the rules should not be a two page long document. there should be some room for each club to cater the rules to each situation, etc. we could have added tons of stuff to our rules, but we decided not too. it's just much better to have some leeway.

i agree with jason, rock crawling is supposed to be slow and technical. but i also understand slow and technical can be boring too! that's were leeway in the rules comes into play. i prefer extremely diffucult obstacles and stages. you need to be slow and careful on our courses. try to go fast, and you loose.

maybe some of you guys that run comps can try out the rules PARC uses, which are basically a watered down version of the official RCC rules and let me know what you think.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #65
06 Super National Champ

I prefer to drive slow and technical. I like attempting EVERY obstacle. I drive slow and focus on tire placement, throttle, etc. But if I can't make an obstacle I still want to have a chance at the rest of the course.

If I drive 7+ hrs to a comp (even though it's being called a "COMP" I'm still going for fun) I wouldn't expect to get there and only be able to get to the first obstacle, not make it, and be done.

At the first GR comp I was the only one to make a clean pass through the first and last gates on the course.

That means that I'd have only had to run one gate to win...7hrs to drive, about 15 seconds to drive through the first gate and win.

Not fun for myself of any of the other people involved.

Looking at it as a full-blown comp is ok, I guess...but everyone involved also wants to have fun.

For Green River we have to get rid of the stop rule...the course is so crooked and off-camber that people can get injured (or fall into river and swept away by the current) if they're trying to walk and focus on the rig.

Here's what I've got in my head...

20pts for each gate bypass...

-10 for each gate cleared...

5 points for roll requiring touch...

5 points for reversing no limit on distance...

Lowest score wins.

In the event of a tie the people who tied attempt an additional gate and time is kept for that gate. Points are still in effect for that gate, and time is kept for tie-breaker gate so that in the event of a points tie the best time wins.

I think the penalty for gate bypass will force people to attempt gates instead of plan to bypass them as a strategy. Bypass if you want, but be prepared to have to work your way through the next two to work off the points you accumulated.

If you repeatedly attempt a gate and accumulate points, your points for that gate will not exceed the bypass points. I'd like to see someone repeatedly TRY to conquer the gate than to point through it.

Sounds easy enough to score to me. Also keeps things fun for those involved.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 03-04-2005 at 10:33 AM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote