RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Competitions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/)
-   -   Cali Crawl on the 26 lyte Creek Near LA (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/661-cali-crawl-26-lyte-creek-near-la.html)

Skippy 06-03-2004 07:09 AM

Cali Crawl on the 26 lyte Creek Near LA

Just to let you know I am just posting it here it is put on by rc4wd but I can answerd any questions I ran it last year beccause hua did not show up but any ways here u go

The event will be

Saturday. June 26th, 2003.
10 am to 3-4 pm

in Lyte Creek, California (Near LA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please visit the link below to sign up:

www.rc4wd.com/signup.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

Prizes (Updated on 6/3/2004)

- 1x Gecko II Chassis $200 (RC Guy)
- 2x Tracgear II $70 (RC4WD)
- 4x Bruiser Axle Shaft $30 (RC4WD)

This year URC won't be covered by RC Car Action Magazine, but it might be in RC Car or Extreme RC. I will post more info as soon as I can...

toyofast 06-03-2004 09:31 AM

Re: Cali Crawl on the 26/27

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock1024
Ok the titel says it all I will have more info later

So, is this an actual comp event? I'm assuming so since it's posted in the competition forum. More details... oh wait, you said the title says it all :roll:

badtodabone 06-23-2004 03:53 PM

Re: Cali Crawl on the 26 lyte Creek Near LA

i might go

WR450F 06-23-2004 05:30 PM

how far is that from Anahiem?

i really wanna go but i thimk thats the date im goin to the crusty world tour. :cry: id skip the motorcyles in favor of the rc's. but its for my b day so thats not possible :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i might be able to go if the timmng is right 8) that would be cool.

need info!!

WR450F 06-23-2004 06:00 PM

ummm ya i can go i just can t seem to submit my info!?!?!??!?

when i hit submit it says not found so what do i do?

i really wanna go so i need an answer!

DirkDigler 06-24-2004 08:54 AM

It's about an hour from Anaheim. It's up there in the Cajon Pass in San Bernardino.
I just hope that some real rock crawlers show up this year. I thought that the coverage in Car Action was actually detrimental to the rc crawling sport because the respresentation was inaccurate of what true crawlers are made of. They should also do away with the Bruiser Pajero class....or at least focus more attention on the extreme crawlers.....if any show up.
Good luck out there Ty.....show them what Coloradans are made of.

WR450F 06-24-2004 06:12 PM

ya i figued most of that out. thats tho dirk!

ya the coverage of the first one was a lil bleak. but the article in rcca is what got me interested in rc crawling in the first place 8O .

but i still need to know how i can submit my info?

Rockpiledriver 06-29-2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler
It's about an hour from Anaheim. It's up there in the Cajon Pass in San Bernardino.
I just hope that some real rock crawlers show up this year. I thought that the coverage in Car Action was actually detrimental to the rc crawling sport because the respresentation was inaccurate of what true crawlers are made of. They should also do away with the Bruiser Pajero class....or at least focus more attention on the extreme crawlers.....if any show up.
Good luck out there Ty.....show them what Coloradans are made of.

Real Crawlers? Detrimental to the sport? You wan't to elaborate on that?

How is coverage in a national mag detrimental? What have you done? Put up or shut up!

Any time you want to go head to head bring it out here to Ca. Ty did.

kaetwo 06-29-2004 02:19 PM

Any updates on the event? Do you have any pics or details?

Hope you guys had fun!

8)

Rockpiledriver 06-29-2004 03:16 PM

Yeah we had a great time for a bunch of non-wheelin wanabe's :flipoff:

The turnout was not as big as we hoped for though. It was HOT, real hot, heat exhaustion hot. Ask me how I know.

Here's a link to some pics Hua took.

http://p083.ezboard.com/frcmtnet4499...cID=1020.topic

Check back on the link later he's supposed to put some vids up.

Then again, according to Dirk we aren't "extreme" so mabey you won't like em. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/url]

kaetwo 06-29-2004 04:25 PM

In my opinion crawlings crawling. Whether its done with a micro or a full size.

It's good to hear you had a good time. Keep it up. If you guys have another event, PinchFlat and myself would like to come up. It's good to meet everyone.

Thanks for the pics. Be sure to post the vids.....

8)

kaetwo 06-29-2004 04:38 PM

Well I'm sure pics are cool. That board is just not the most user friendly thing I've ever used. I've tried on multiple occassions to log into it with no luck.

Oh well..... :roll:

If you guys get a chance to post some up here or have any ideas as to how to get and account on that board, that would be great.

Later

8)

DirkDigler 06-29-2004 05:12 PM

Rockpiledriver,
Give me a break, tough guy! :roll:

Rockpiledriver 06-29-2004 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler
Rockpiledriver,
Give me a break, tough guy! :roll:

Opps, I guess I forgot one of these :flipoff:

Seriously though, those are some pretty harsh comments don't you think?

Answer the question. Why is it detrimental to the sport?

DirkDigler 06-29-2004 05:28 PM

All I was saying is, and I think most would agree, that the rigs featured in last years article were not a very good representation of what most of us run. The rigs still had TXT skid plate servo gaurds, or whatever you call those rediculous rock spankers. So did some of the clods. I saw one or two worthy rigs of the bunch and I'm sure those couple couldn't hang at most of our events out here in CO. I never claimed to "do" anything but I do know a real rock crawling rig when I see one. I don't know what was out there this year but hopefully it was better than last.
I have had many people comment to me about that article and they laughed about it. People that I've talked with that saw that article all agree that the rigs in it didn't represent "hardcore" rigs. It's not only me that thinks that and now, most people that saw that article, think rock crawling is "lame".
Sorry if I hurt your feelings rockpiledriver....but obviously you are really on the defense about something. Maybe a small "drive shaft" or something.
"Put up or shut up?"......what ever! haha
And good for Ty for showing up. I just try and go to cali as little as possible. I grew up there and moved away for a reason.......mostly because of big talkers such as yourself!
No hard feelings but you started it man! I was just pointing out a fact.

DirkDigler 06-29-2004 05:29 PM

so did I

:flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

Rockpiledriver 06-29-2004 05:40 PM

Cool, So now that we are on the same page. Why do you think national publication of the first ever organized RC crawling event is
"detrimental to the sport"?

Please answer the question.

DirkDigler 06-29-2004 05:55 PM

Please answer the question.

?????
Ok mother.
But I think I already did. Every single person I talked to about that article tells me that the sport of rc rock crawling looks "lame". Come ON!!! They even pictured stock Emaxx's crawling. I think it may have turned people off to that side of rc. If the article had pics or "real crawlers", it would have sparked an interest on the extreme looks alone. Most of the rigs pictured were had fancy paint jobs and that's about it. Maybe it wasn't "detrimental" to the sport but it sure didn't catch anyones attention, nor did it show what real crawlers are made of.
It's like taking a bunch of trailor queen, show trucks out into the rocks and taking pictures of them, then writing about a rock crawling competition. No description of how the rigs were built and no pictures of any extreme wheeling. Maybe it was the magazines fault....and believe me, I wrote to editors and told them the same thing I'm writing here.....and of course they didn't have the balls to even comment back....because they know I'm right!
Now answer my question:
You must have an incredible crawler and you are a great driver......AND have done ALOT for the sport to have said what you said. So what have you built and what have YOU done? I'm very curious....

PS. Organized crawling event? What organized crawling event? I would hardly call that first event organized. :roll:
My 5 year old daughter could have organized a better event than that.

DirkDigler 06-29-2004 06:03 PM

Actually,
I retract all of my previous statements. I appologize for it all. I refuse to go rounds with anyone about such trivial differances.

Those crawlers at the very first and very best organized event were the hardest of the hardcore and that article alone, started the rc rock crawling craze.
I've said enough and I'll say no more.......and what do I know about rc crawling......? Nothing! :D

kevinlongisland 06-29-2004 07:17 PM

ahh dirk, your always gettin into it with someone! lol guess it makes it interesting in here. I made it up to the utah comp this past weekend because i was really kicking myself in the ass for missing yours. I'm addicted now!