RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Competitions (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/)
-   -   Colorado Comp. June 19th (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/competitions/671-colorado-comp-june-19th.html)

DirkDigler 06-04-2004 09:39 AM

Colorado Comp. June 19th

CONFIRMED!

It will be at my house in the Colorado Springs area of Monument and Black Forest. For those not from the area: it is located about 50 miles north of Pueblo and about 40-50 miles south of Denver. June 19th....all day long, until we just get sick of crawling. I'll BBQ and have some beer for you all. The courses are going to be disgustingly sick.....so be ready for carnage!!!!!
You can email me to let me know if you're coming and I'll give you good directions. I'm expecting 10+ rigs at the moment. I'm sure more will confirm.
peter.bach@regus.com

DirkDigler 06-04-2004 10:51 AM

Re: Colorado Comp. June 19th

The course consists of several, very, very technical and steep waterfalls. Wheelbase and low cg will be your friend, as well as low gearing and durability. There are also big boulder sections in between the waterfalls that favor the Kong tired and mucho clearanced crowed. After the waterfall sections, we move to large boulder fields that will require serious technical work or...you may just have to bash through.
I can alomst promise that you will hate me and my devilish courses when the day is done. You'll also need to visit the hobby store the next day.

Oh yes. There will be scoring and some nice prizes for the winner. Each waterfall will have escape routes for the wimps. Using escape routes will add to your score and hurt your ego! In the boulder fields, there will be a "Big Balls Route" and a "***** Route". You will automatically add points to your score if you choose the ***** Route but you may add even more points by attempting and failing the Big Balls Route. You will need to be a thinker before hitting my rock courses.

One more note: Wear some hiking boots or comfortable shoes, as we will be hiking through some natural terrain and we will most likely walk to a boulder field course that is about .25 miles away from the Waterfalls. The threat of thunderstorms will also be high. The waterfalls may actually be just that.....full of water!!!!! Be prepared!!!!

kevinlongisland 06-04-2004 02:01 PM

whats the weather like up there at that time of the year. and what are the rules concerning battery changes on course? i only run el cheapo 1500 packs, so i may need to change on course.

ouch, just checked, about a 13 hour drive from phoenix! ohh well, the price we pay.

more people may see the post in general discusion. i would have missed it if i didn't see it on outerlimits, then i would have missed a great event! :D

DirkDigler 06-04-2004 02:24 PM

Weather is very warm and gets humid with big thunder storms in the after noon. Usually in the low 80's. Where I live and where the comp will be is an altitude of about 8,000 feet! Being from the desert, you will be in for a shock!

As for batt. changes, penalties will not apply to that. I will also post in the General.

DirkDigler 06-04-2004 08:16 PM

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:14 pm Post subject: Re: June 19th Colorado Comp/Get Together

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just pre-ran the waterfalls. Well.....waterfall. After 1 hour of trying, I finally beat the first waterfall. I started to try the 2nd and it was getting too dark and I was tired. Twisted a drive shaft and my front ring and pinion are now smooth. Prepare for CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!

I also added a new section to kick off the event.
It's called: Tierra Del Sol

bustedcrawler 06-05-2004 01:41 PM

I will be at the next one. Just be sure to send me lots of pics, and add in an extra you missed the first one bonus :P

I will be ready to tackle what you got and show you highly modded trucks how to do it in the almost stock TXT :flipoff:

Good luck to all, having crawled with Dirk, and starting to know his idea of fun, you will need all the luck and skill you can manage to handle these.."courses"

Grizzly4x4 06-08-2004 11:56 AM

So be honest. Is this something where anything smaller than the Electric Digler is gonna just be doomed or is it technical enough that a Clod or TXT with 6" tires and a 15" wheelbase has a chance at making it? :?

Also, what are the rules. I am interested in scoring for backups, stops, cones. Is there no points for a backup less than the wheelbase, are stops scored and for how long, what is considered "hitting" a cone; touching it, moving it, knocking it over? What will be the gate width? I am doing some practicing and need to know what to look for.

Is there a rule against switching tires between stages or courses?

DirkDigler 06-08-2004 01:21 PM

Yes. I designed it so no one could win but ME!!!! :flipoff: :lol: :wink:

Actually, I really think that the small rigs will fair better. I am trying to get my Belly Dragger finished because I am planning on only competing wtih that, not the Digler. I use the BFT's and it's 15 inches of wheelbase.

As for the rules, I am going to keep it very simple.....you'll see. Basically, you will add points for every "bad" move. The lowest score wins. You can run a cone over but not disturb it's general placement, etc. The gates on the rock fields will be about 22 iches or so. The waterfalls will not have gates. You either make it up in a certain amount of time or you take the bypass route(***** Route). Basically, you make it or you add a lot of points to you score. I have to put a time limit on it because it is that tough and we need to move fairly quickly. Back ups are allow but you add points if you go beyond your own wheelbase. If you have to touch the truck, you add points, if you roll over but land on your wheels and can still proceed forward, you don't add points but if you roll over backwards more than the trucks length, you add points, etc, etc, etc. I'll go over all the rules when you get here. We'll keep it real simple and any input will gladly be implemented if it make sense to. Cool?
You guys still won't beat me.....I have the home field advantage!!!!! :twisted:

Ace 06-08-2004 01:34 PM

I just have one question. You guys like turkey or ham sandwiches? Cause I'm packing lunches for ya, your both gonna need it. :lol:

DirkDigler 06-08-2004 01:36 PM

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!

Grizzly4x4 06-08-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler
Yes. I designed it so no one could win but ME!!!! :flipoff: :lol: :wink:

Well, I didnt have you pegged as the "lets come to my house and play nice" type of person. :flipoff: :wink: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler
You guys still won't beat me.....I have the home field advantage!!!!!

I aint comin up there fer cake and ice cream. Ace's "El Capon" and "Boobie Dragger" are gonna be unfortunate casualties when I get done stompin some mudholes. :twisted: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
You guys like turkey or ham sandwiches? Cause I'm packing lunches for ya, your both gonna need it.

Ace, yer mouth keeps moving but all I hear is Blah, blah, blah! :lol: :flipoff:

Seriously, the rules sound simple and cool to me. Now I got an idea what to practice wif my drivin. Caint wait to get it AWN!

Ace 06-08-2004 08:14 PM

Griz, Turkey it is... You are what you eat! :flipoff:

Grizzly4x4 06-08-2004 10:33 PM

More like Baloney Ace. :lol: So I'll have the wife make ya a mincemeat samich. :flipoff: :lol:

Ace 06-14-2004 03:56 PM

Hey Dirk, pm me some directions to the comp wouldja?

DirkDigler 06-14-2004 03:58 PM

You and Griz coming down together?
I just sent them to him as well.
Check your PM for directions in a minute.

PS. Your directions are the correct ones. I sent Griz out to Kansas!!!!!! :lol:

Grizzly4x4 06-14-2004 06:11 PM

You can run but you cant hide :twisted: :lol:

Couldnt ya at least send me somewhere fun? :wink: :lol:

Ace 06-14-2004 09:17 PM

LOL,
Kansas is nice and flat, good place for The Puke.

So who's goin to the Comp? Grizz and I are in.

DirkDigler 06-15-2004 08:22 AM

you guys,
some guys from Utah
some guys from Colorado Springs
guys from Pueblo
I think KevinLongIsland, from AZ is coming(not sure yet)
I hope to have well over 10 trucks....but you never know.
Bring anyone you want....the more the merrier!!!!
I'll supply the Keystone Light!!!!!!

kevinlongisland 06-15-2004 11:09 AM

i'm still up in the air. i'm just dreading the 13 hour drive! that's the biggest drawback for me. plus, i only have one of my trucks here, everything else is still in NY. I would be more inclined if i had everything here, this way if i break something i have parts or another truck.

DirkDigler 06-15-2004 11:11 AM

1. just sleep while you are driving :twisted:

2. you only need one truck

3. If you break something, chances are, one of us will have the replacement part.

4. See you on Saturday!