LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
The Wheels Keep Turning

Default April 3rd, Phoenix, AZ Boulder Battle 4

PARC Phoenix Arizona Rock Crawlers

Boulder Battle #4
Remote Control Rock Crawling Competition
Sunday, April 3rd, 2005
Phoenix, Arizona (Central Ave. Location)
9am

For Central Ave events: Take Central Avenue south into South Mountain Park. The road will veer to the west. After the gate house, make the first left. Then make your second right into the parking lot. The crawling spot is located next to the southeast corner of the parking lot. The comp starts at 10am.

All current info here:
http://www.thecrawlerstore.com/Events.html

Boulder Battle Rules
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Modified RCCrawler Rule Book

Introduction:
Each competition consists of multiple stages, and each stage contains multiple gates. The lowest total score wins. The start order for the first stage is random. Thereafter, the lowest scoring driver starts first, second lowest second, etc. There is no pre-running of the courses. No courses will consist of obstacles that, to the best of the event organizers knowledge, anyone has prior experience on.

Classes:
Unlimited Class:
• No vehicle limitations except 1/10 size or larger bodies required.

2.2 Class:
• Maximum wheelbase 12.5”
• Tires must be 2.2 sized
• 1/10 scale bodies or larger required.

Rules:
1. Reverse = 1 point (any reverse at all, not 1 wheelbase length)

2. Cone = 10 points

3. Rollovers = 10 points. If you rolled and could drive out of it, no penalty. If you had to flip it back over manually, 10 points. You also have the option on any rollover you can drive out of to re-position where the rollover occurred or any point on the course behind the last point of forward motion. This will incur a 10 point penalty. No forward progress allowed when repositioning.

4. Falling off ledge/course or wheels jammed between rocks requiring reposition = 10 points. Vehicle can be repositioned anywhere behind the last point of forward motion. No forward progress allowed when repositioning. No reposition allowed unless wheels are jammed, vehicle fell off ledge, etc.

5. Boundary Marker offense = 10 points. If any part of the vehicle touches a boundary marker.

6. Time Violation = 5 points/minute over the designated time limit. Time limits will be approximately 2 minutes per gate.

7. Touch Penalty = 5 points. The vehicle may not be touched for any reason other than the specified conditions described in rules 4, 5, and 9.

8. Bonus Gates = 5-50 points. Bonus points will be awarded for successfully negotiating a bonus gate.

9. Max points per gate= 40 points. If a competitor reaches 40 points on a single gate, they must move their truck just past the pointed out gate and continue attempting the remainder of the course.

10. DNF = 40 points per gate not cleared. Example: On a 5 gate stage, if a competitor clears one gate, but cannot complete the remaining 4, a 160 point penalty will be applied.

11. Vehicle Breakage or Repair. Competitors can repair the vehicle where it lays without penalty, although time will not stop. For a 10 point penalty, the driver has the option to stop time and remove the vehicle from the course. Competition will continue. The driver can continue their attempt once repairs are made from the last cleared gate.

12. In case of a tie, the competitor with the fastest total time through all stages will win the tie.

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 03-30-2005 at 08:49 PM.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2005, 09:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

You know I'm there! With my 2.2 and hopefully my maxx hybrid as well!

Josh (unsure of your last name, we spoke briefly on the phone), make sure and show up, you'll have a ball!
WRMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

We're planning on:

Myself -clod
Paranoid56 -TLT? and Clod?
DoubleDub -TLT and Clod
DoubleDubs 2 sons are likely to go- TLT and an XF
A_vdk- clod
Maybe 4x4TransAm -XF

I think thats all I can think of right now.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
The Wheels Keep Turning

cool dave, looks like we will have a good group this time. should be a blast.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Yeah, looks like we'll have a pretty big group, that's cool! It's a good thing that it's about 2 weeks away, I just finished machining new cvd cups today for my maxx and didn't realize until I got home that I drilled the grub screw hole in the wrong place! doh!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #6

How long are you usually out there? I have something going on that day, but I may be able to make it out for a bit. I just need to know if I should aim early or if afternoon is possible.

David.
TSC-10
halfdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
The Wheels Keep Turning

we are usually out there until 2 or 3. sometimes longer.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I will not be there, but for maybe a short amount of time in the morning. My TCS will hopefully be there competing with another driver.
a_vdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I plan on attending. I am anxious to see how my new shockless chassis will perform.
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I've got an off the wall request for all who plan on attending....

Would anybody object to it being a Saturday crawl instead of sunday? Reason being, one of the LHS's here is having their truck show/race/whatever that day and I'd like to take my crawlers up there and show off a bit. Maybe Kev and I can enter the side-by-side drag race against each other that way I'm not blown away by some kid's T-maxx... . Besides, how many times do you get the chance to crawl over someone else's $2K show rig? If it's out of the question for some of the people who plan on attending, no problem, I'll just have to work them both into my Sunday schedule.

Just wondering
Old 03-22-2005, 04:02 PM   #11
The Wheels Keep Turning

modified rules have been posted:

Boulder Battle Rules
Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Modified RCCrawler Rule Book

Introduction:
Each competition consists of multiple stages, and each stage contains multiple gates. The lowest total score wins. The start order for the first stage is random. Thereafter, the lowest scoring driver starts first, second lowest second, etc. There is no pre-running of the courses. No courses will consist of obstacles that, to the best of the event organizers knowledge, anyone has prior experience on.

Classes:
Unlimited Class:
• No vehicle limitations except 1/10 size or larger bodies required.
2.2 Class:
• Maximum wheelbase 12.5”
• Tires must be 2.2 sized
• 1/10 scale bodies or larger required.

Rules:
1. Reverse = 1 point (any reverse at all, not 1 wheelbase length)

2. Cone = 10 points

3. Rollovers = 10 points. If you rolled and could drive out of it, no penalty. If you had to flip it back over manually, 10 points. You also have the option on any rollover you can drive out of to re-position where the rollover occurred or any point on the course behind the last point of forward motion. This will incur a 10 point penalty. No forward progress allowed when repositioning.

4. Falling off ledge/course or wheels jammed between rocks requiring reposition = 10 points. Vehicle can be repositioned anywhere behind the last point of forward motion. No forward progress allowed when repositioning. No reposition allowed unless wheels are jammed, vehicle fell off ledge, etc.

5. Boundary Marker offense = 10 points. If any part of the vehicle touches a boundary marker.

6. Time Violation = 5 points/minute over the designated time limit. Time limits will be approximately 2 minutes per gate.

7. Touch Penalty = 5 points. The vehicle may not be touched for any reason other than the specified conditions described in rules 4, 5, and 9.

8. Bonus Gates = 5-50 points. Bonus points will be awarded for successfully negotiating a bonus gate.

9. Max points per gate= 40 points. If a competitor reaches 40 points on a single gate, they must move their truck just past the pointed out gate and continue attempting the remainder of the course.

10. DNF = 40 points per gate not cleared. Example: On a 5 gate stage, if a competitor clears one gate, but cannot complete the remaining 4, a 160 point penalty will be applied.

11. Vehicle Breakage or Repair. Competitors can repair the vehicle where it lays without penalty, although time will not stop. For a 10 point penalty, the driver has the option to stop time and remove the vehicle from the course. Competition will continue. The driver can continue their attempt once repairs are made from the last cleared gate.

12. In case of a tie, the competitor with the fastest total time through all stages will win the tie.

Last edited by kevinlongisland; 03-22-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #12
The Wheels Keep Turning

i'm thinking of adding two different types of stages to our events. what do you guys think?

a speed stage, where you still get all the same penalties except gate marker offences and boundary offences. but you get bonus points for going through quickest. I'm calling it an A to Z stage. who can get from point A to point Z quickest. this way there are slow technical stages that some like, and fast stages that are more exciting for the spectators. still working out the points structure for this.

we may also do a ROC (Race Of Champions) stage or two, where everyone uses the same truck. so for the most part, it's only the drivers skills that are being determined. let me know what you guys think of this.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:30 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRMorrison
I've got an off the wall request for all who plan on attending....

Would anybody object to it being a Saturday crawl instead of sunday? Reason being, one of the LHS's here is having their truck show/race/whatever that day and I'd like to take my crawlers up there and show off a bit. Maybe Kev and I can enter the side-by-side drag race against each other that way I'm not blown away by some kid's T-maxx... . Besides, how many times do you get the chance to crawl over someone else's $2K show rig? If it's out of the question for some of the people who plan on attending, no problem, I'll just have to work them both into my Sunday schedule.

Just wondering
Northland Hobbies is open on Saturday, so that'd be a no go for Sean and his boys; and since i'm bumming a ride off them... Me as well
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 09:36 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

That's ok, I'll just have to see how I can possibly juggle them. I'll def. make it to the BB though.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:56 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland
i'm thinking of adding two different types of stages to our events. what do you guys think?

a speed stage, where you still get all the same penalties except gate marker offences and boundary offences. but you get bonus points for going through quickest. I'm calling it an A to Z stage. who can get from point A to point Z quickest. this way there are slow technical stages that some like, and fast stages that are more exciting for the spectators. still working out the points structure for this.

we may also do a ROC (Race Of Champions) stage or two, where everyone uses the same truck. so for the most part, it's only the drivers skills that are being determined. let me know what you guys think of this.
Sounds cool. The more fun the better. Too bad I will not be there:( at least my truck will be
a_vdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Well Im in. If it wasnt for kevin I would probably have missed out yet again. I come to have fun, I know my truck cant crawl like your trucks can but Im working on it. lol
minitrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:35 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I'm in, Me and the new truck will be ready.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:48 PM   #18
The Wheels Keep Turning

anyone have a stop watch they can bring?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:42 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I can bring an "egg timer"... I'll steal it from my mom's house
Old 03-30-2005, 09:58 PM   #20
The Wheels Keep Turning

unfortunately, an egg timer won't work. we need to be able to count minutes up. this way when a competitor gets past the time limit, we can still count how many minutes past the limit they went.